3RD IS AN EARLY CHRISTMAS

10 CHRISTMAS

 

Seohyun never fell for Jung Yonghwa for his look. In her most honest opinion, he was not the best looking guy she have seen in his life. In her world, she saw many others looked a lot  better than him with the same level of talent and creativity or even more. Yes, he was sweet, funny and considerate at the same time but the quality in him attaracted her the most was the fact that he loved his mother so much. People said, it was natural for the youngest boys in the family to be so attached with their mothers.  But Jung Yonghwa’s attachment with his mother was more than a closeness that words could tell. He was always managed to be carefull of his mother feelings, listened to her every words and advices, even he did not call or visit often.

“I want to make sure, no more tears my mother would shed for me. She had enough crying because me!”

He said he made his mother cried a lot when he choose music and decided to depend his life on that. He told her that  he could still see it clearly in his mind how his mother’s face changed and her cheerful usual self dissapeared and spent the rest of their family dinner in silence. He remembered saw the sadness in her always bright eyes when she cleared the table before excusing herself to the comfort of her bedroom. His mother never opposed him to play music. Not as far as he could remember.  She, matter of fact, was the one recognized his musical talent and facilitating him with the best she could give in her power to support him and and his music in his young age.

“I guess, supporting your son’s hobby in music and letting him counting on his life totally in it were two different cases”! He smiled bitterly and out of instict, she took his hand and held it tight, while he continue telling her his story during their 6 hours train trip to Jeongdongjin.

He told her it almost stopping him for chasing his dreams, but his father and his comforting words kept him going. His father said it was just her fear, every parents fear of how that the life track he choose would lead his life. Would the life he choose treat him well and bring enough food on the table for his future family to eat. 

 “Son, the way I see music is different with the way you see it. I enjoy music like million other people in the world do but I could never see myself planning to depend my life to it. As your father, I wished you would choose another way of living. Something more settle. The life that I and many parents believe would give you and your future family a more certain future. But you are my son. My ultimate goal is to see you happy. I know you and I know how much music means to you as much as I know it will be the same as slowly killing you to force you live your life in my dreams. I wanted to be selfish. I wanted to use my authorites and powers as parent to stop you endangered your life and your whole future in something uncertain. But again, I know you. How can I possibly live my life in peace knowing you are misserable? I saw the most genuine smile in your face when you were playing your music. How your eyes reflected every dream, every hope, your never expressed in words. I know, that I could never denied that music is your ultimate happiness. I give you my blessing but I want your commitment as a man to whole-heartedly pursuing your dreams and come back home someday to tell I was wrong to believe that a man could never rely on his life in something like music. Don’t ever try if you’re not sure you can go all the way. Don’t even start if you’re not believe that you can make your dream your reality. Nothing will go easy cause life is tough to begin with. Choosing a life path is the same as putting your whole world in a complete mistery. And the price is high too. This could mean losing girlfriends, wives, relatives and maybe even your mind. But if you have faith in you, you’ll see the light that will guide you all the way to where success waiting for you.”

She understood his focus in reaching his dreams. It was more than a young selfish dream to become famous and rich. She understood now why he never stop working and why he never stop thinking. Lyrics and melodies were in his head all the time even when he was sleeping. His bandmates once he mumbled songs in his sleep and got up soon after to write it down. Song after song becoming hits. All was to replace his mother’s tears with a smile. To come home for his father to shake his hand and tell him that he was proud, That night, on the train to Jeongdongjin, he gained her respect and that night on the train she knew that she was fallen.

**********

They passed almost two years safely as their relationship became stronger and them becoming most loyal supporter for each other. And 2012 came. A more glorious year for him and his band. C.N.Blue gained more attentions. Their music not just locally accepted but internationally recognized too. They gained more and more reviews. Very good reviews. They performed on stage with famous names in world music. Their concert tickets sold out only a minute after it public sale open. They created new hysteria. They are the new fever. The world fever. Everything was so good. Too good he enjoyed it too much. Then he started to invest more time, more energy, more efforts in his career and creating more songs and more hits. He carried a way with the work flow and incidentally put everything else aside for awhile. Everything else. Including her.

God knows, he never meant to neglected her. He needed her. He needed his Seohyun in his life. She had been his most loyal supporter all the way. She was there by his side cheering him and watching his metamorphosys from a rookie to a well-recognized musician that he is today. His work loads stressed him and all he wanted was being there in her arms, listening her soft voice telling him its okay to feel tired. There were times he wanted to contact her but everytime she was texting him first, telling him she was in the midde of practicing, or photoshooting, and even interview. And when she was texting him and asked if she could call him he would reply he was in the middle of anything else and promised to call her when his schedules finished only to found out it was passed midnight and he didnt want to wake her up for he knew she needed to wake up early for her next schedule. The call he made becoming less and less and with her packed schedule she texted him less and less too.

It’s inevitable. They both raising stars and were at the top of their career. Their schedules clashed even worse than in 2011 when they were forced to quit WGM a few months earlier than its original schedule for they could not make the time for filming. As the result of their minimum communication lately, they started to pick up a fight very easily over small and unimportant little issues like she was too naggy and he being too friendly to certain actreess he worked with on his drama.

He left Seoul for Los Angeles to held a concert with their label-mates FT Island, in one of their “not talking to each other” term. They fought a few days earlier for him defending Shinhye when she said she misses Yonghwa so much and hoped to meet with him again in an interveiw. Seohyun asked, out of her famous friends why did she picked him? Did she have a thing for you or what? Yonghwa told her to calm down and stopped being over-dramatic of the whole situation. And that resulted in her refused to pick up the call from him. He stopped trying to call her after a while for he was mad himself for her being overly dramatic of the Shinhye’s issue. He enjoyed being so busy he forgot when the last time he called his girlfriend and forgot when the last time she sent him text and he replied. It scared him later, how his determination to reach his dreams turned to a fearfull obsession. He was glad, he realized it before its too late.

Its his mother brougt him back to his senses. She called and scolded him for not giving the herbal tea she bought in China for Seohyun and her parents. Yonghwa knew, his mother knew he did not do his task given to him for Seohyun would call his mother in Busan to thank her for the thoughtful give as soon as she received it. So one night after his schedule ended he dropped the bag full of the chinese tea from his mother to her dorm. Jessica was the one who open the door andsharply said she thought he forgot where SNSD’s dorm located already for he was missing in action for sometimes and left the maknae busy defending him answering her eonnie’s endless questions. The said maknae silently appology for her sister’s bluntness and awkwardly said he should not troubled himself delivering it for her himself for she knows he was very busy. She said he could just send someone to dropped the package to SM.

“Wae? You don’t want me to come here again? You don’t like to see my face anymore?”

He emotionally asked and regret it later the second he saw she bent her head to hide her tears, hurt by his words. Yonghwa wanted to slapped his own face for acting like a jerk. It was never her fault and he should not put all the blame on  her. He close his eyes, took a deep breath, take her hand and pull her body to him in a hug. She started crying, harder and harder. He hugged her closer and tigher. Whispering “It’s okay” and “I’m sorry” and “Please, don’t cry! I’m here”. Having her in his arms again brought him to immediately realized the emptiness he felt when they apart. She took his emptiness away with just a simple hug. The sincere, loving hug he missed when she was away. It felt so right. He felt he was home in her arms. He kissed her head and started to appologized. For every stupid things he said before and for everything he did that make her sad and mad. And she easily forgive him and looking back at him with so much love in her eyes, telling him she understood their situation and happy that he was there in her arms.

When they started to kiss, each of them refused to let go and they kissed senselessly until one of her eonnie deul faking a loud cough sound and announced its time for him to go home for it was late already.  He started to call text her when he arrived back to his dorm and she replied 2 minutes later with a good night wishes. He brought her back to Busan two days after to enjoy a day off after his short promotion on music show and before her comeback with SNSD sub-unit. They enjoyed the moments. Taking as much as happiness offered on their togetherness. He fed her lovingly when they had lunch with his parents and she  returned the favor and she let her feeling shown by openly displaying her affection towards him and  fixing his hair from time to time when they were hang out with his friends. They played basketball in his parents backyard and she rewarded him with affectionate kiss everytime he made three-point shoots.  Still in the same backyard after that, she sat in the ground, leaned her back against his favorite tree, reading a book while he was sleeping soundly with his head on her lap.

Her sisters could tell Seohyun was all happy again when she stepped in to the dorm hand in hand with her boyfriend. Seing their eyes sparkled when they looked to each other eyes was like seeing them in WGM all over again. The couple was whispering sweet nothings in the couch for an hour before Yonghwa got up from where he sat and knelt down in the front of their maknae. He took out a small ring from his pocket ignoring the older girls ohhing and ahhing watching Jung Yonghwa proposing their maknae, their little Seohyun to marry him as soon as he completed his military obligation. The said maknae frozen for ten seconds before jumping to hold her boyfriend and repeatly said yes and attacked the guy with kisses he gladly accepted.

Seohyun was admiring her engagement ring as Yonghwa told her her saying yes to his proposal was an early Christmas gift from her as he originally planned to propose to her on their 3rd Christmas.  But he was impatient for December still a long way to go and he could not wait any longer. He said he needed to show her she was his only one and he needed to know that he was her only one too.

“Merry X-mast, babe! And thank you for saying yes!”

Seohyun eyes sparkled. Her happiness made her glowing more. She was not the most beautiful he have seen but she surely the best christmas gift a man could get in life.

***********

Author Note:

Hello hello I am back with an update. So sorry for not updating so long. Just a simple update I while waiting for their comeback. For those who asked why I don’t seem excited about CNBlue comeback? I’m excited not only for the boys comeback for the girls too. I am a yongseo fan, I will definetly be happy and wish all the best for both Yong and Seo. Equally. Supporting Yong and Seo mean supporting both CNBlue and SNSD. I might be different in showing my love to them but I am a proud goguma.

As usual, I don't do profer editing please bear it. Thank you and enjoy.