First Kiss On A Very First Christmas

10 CHRISTMAS

“Merry Christmas!”

He saw a beautiful present in her hand, neatly wrapped in  a fancy pink paper and a pretty blue ribbon, obviously a Christmas present she carefully prepared for him. It was a few day after the actual Chirstmas day when they finally could steal sometimes between their busy schedules to meet that early morning and celebrate their first Christmas as a couple. They were sitting on the yellow couch on the cozy living room of their little Sangdodong house. There were nobody else in the house but them. No cameras, no filming crews around. Just them. Alone in peaceful morning of their pretend honeymoon nest.

He saw her long slender fingers playing with the ribbon of the gift, obviously nervous being alone and close with him. He could totally understand her feeling as relationship and boyfriend were new in Seohyun's vocabulary.  And eventhough she tried to give her best effort on this relationship, Seohyun was still awkward and shy to him most of the time. But it never bothered Yonghwa. In contrary, he found it cute and refreshing. Unlike other female celebrities he knew, Seohyun was honest and most genuine person he ever met in the industry. The quality he rarely seen in their tough profession. But there was something Yonghwa badly wanted to do with Seohyun. He wanted to break down her the thin little invisible wall between the two of them and show her how much he care for her. He was more than willing to give her the time she needed to grow with him but sometimes her being too reserved frustrated him. They were together for almost three months already and her little wall was still there.

Somehow on that peaceful morning, he found the slightly different Seohyun. Still awkward and shy around him but at the same time determined in breaking her own little wall to show him that she was care. Of him. She asked him how he was and and make sure he was healthy. She brought breakfast she made herself. A little weird looking tuna sandwich which surprisingly tasted awesomely delicious and herbal drink she said its good for his precious throat. The gestures touched his heart and Yonghwa could not stop his cheek from bursting and he polished clean the meal and drink to showed her how much he appreciated her attention towards him.

He remembered they looked in each other eyes before she started to talk and rapped about everything, busied herself with the present on her hand, purposedly avoiding his gaze. She blabbered of  how sorry she was for being late in giving him the christmas present,  saying she was sorry if the present did not match his taste as she was newbie in the area of relationship and completely clueless what to give for a boyfriend on christmas. Her innocent declaration of her sweet efforts in providing him with the best gift for their very first christmas again touched his heart. And with a very strange reason, Seohyun being nervous and shy, blabbering about the story behind the Christmas present she prepared for him, looked very y and very appealing. So he did it without much thinking. He just jumped into action and pressed his lips on hers in one simple peck.

It was only one simple peck on the lips and barely lasted for 30 seconds. But the effect was very massive for both of them. She was frozen in place, blinking her eyes several times trying to registered what just happened between the two of them. Her heart beating like crazy she was afraid it will exploded. But the little sensation she got of his warm soft lips on hers made her craved for more. She wanted the moment to repeat. And for Yonghwa, it was not the first peck he ever give to a girl. He did that a lot before with his previous girlfriends. But there was something in Seo Joohyun’s lips made the simple peck tasted different. And special. And addictive. A simple peck on her lips tasted much sweeter and simply unforgettable even for an experienced young hot-blooded man like him. He wanted more. And he wanted more than just a simple peck.

“You’ll going to rip the ribbon if you keep on playing with it like that!”

He softly commented as he took the gift from her hand and carefully put it on the table. The simple peck he given to her delicious lips had turned her face to be as pink as the gift paper and he found it really really cute. He moved his hand and rubbed her plum cheek with his finger, all the while his big brown eyes never left her sparkling ones. He loved her eyes since the day they met. Those eyes talked, revealed everything hidden inside her heart without a single word.

“Thank you for being a thoughtful girlfriend, Joohyun-ah!”

“I’m sure I’ll love the gift so much. Whatever it might be, simply because it came from you!”

With that, he gave her lips another peck. One peck followed with another and another before the series of pecks turned into a sweet searing kiss when she decided to let all her guards down for the first time and let her feeling shown. Her arms moved on their own to loop his neck tightly and brought herself closer to him. It was their first kiss and it was her first too. Time stopped and the world forgotten for a moment. When he pulled away and she opened her eyes she found the world was no longer the same as it was before. It became prettier and it was brighter. She closed her eyes when he planted a gentle kiss on her forehead and gathered her slender body in his warm embrace. She never thought it was going to be that easy, how she naturally followed his moves and comfortably rested her head on his shoulder like she was doing it all her life. Her nose was on his neck, captured his body fragrance as the smell of him instantly brought her to feel secure. He said “I love you” and she easily replied with a simple “I love you too”. No more things to say. They were just sitting on the same yellow couch but they felt they were not the same persons anymore. They grew in a matter fifteen minutes. No more walls between the two of them. Their first kiss on their very first christmas changed everything.  It was the real Christmas gift for both their hearts. A tribute on their newly romance, a promise to be loyal, to always true for each other. A beginning of their long winding road.

 

***************

Author’s Note:

Hello all. First of all let me wish you all merry christmas. I know its late but I believe its better late than never. Like my belated Christmas wish to all of you, the story is a little late too. But some readers encourage me to go on with the plan in posting this simple love story. I dedicate this story for all gogumas who celebrated Christmas. Thanksfor @kumako for the cute fanart and I love it very much.

Once again merry christmas and happy new year 2014. 

Dee