Chapter 7

My Only Hope

     All I knew after the drive was that we were seated in front of a table with Siwon on my side and his parents both infront of us. After meeting then back at his restaurant just earlier,they had invited me to come with them and eat dinner.So here I am in such well appointed restaurant,well I could make his' better.

 

     "So Tiffany,how is it working with my son?" Her mom asked,her face displaying a glow. She was dressed nicely and luxe is certainly her definition,and besides she's definitely nice.

 

     "Your son is nice,Mrs Choi." I smiled at her.  "He's not the type who's hard to work with." I added, which showed her relief.

 

     "Well,he should be. Anyways I think you're getting along really well,so that's a good thing since it could help you get united ideas." Mr.Choi cutted in after taking a sip on his wine. As the food was finally served,the conversations grew deeper. There were California roll,Cobb Salad,Lobster rolls which is definitely my favorite and many more. The night went in with them asking me about my work but not really something personal including my family background.They were not intimidating but instead they even made sure that I was comfortable which is a good thing.

 

     I excuse myself for a while since I needed to go to the ladies' room. There,I checked my reflection in the mirror and do some retouch on my face. After a while when I think I looked comfortable enough, I went out where I met Siwon just outside the men's room talking to someone on his phone. When he finally noticed me I gave him a slight nod indicating that I should go first,since I thought that it would take him long, but he gestured me to wait for him, so I did what I was told.

 

     After a while he ended the call and walked towards me.

 

     "So how is it,with my mom and dad?" He asked. "Fine,they're actually nice, totally different from what I predicted." When we noticed that we were blocking the way we started walking where I saw his parents still on the table talking to themselves.

 

     "They could actually look intimidating but they're really nice,much nicer than you Mr.Siwon." I told him wiggling my eyebrows in a teasing manner. Then he stopped midway where I noticed him smiling inwardly.

 

     He cleared his throat in a teasing manner and looked at me with his weird smile. " Is that a flirt?" What?! Flirt?! Of course not.

 

     "Why would that be a flirt?" I asked him ridiculously. "I think they're really nicer than you though." He then laughed at me and we continued walking.

 

     "I didn't know you have this kind of side in you." I told him. "What do you mean?" He asked.

 

     "Narcissistic,I guess?" He looked at me as if to act that he was offended. "I'm just kidding." He showed a sign of relief before I added: "But,it might be true." I laughed at him and walked faster reaching our table. Mr. and Mrs Choi stood up and faced us.

 

     "It was a great night with you Tiffany, but we have to go now. I hope you would continue to show great works and I think maybe we should meet again."

 

     "Of course Mrs.Choi I would like to meet with you again."

 

     "That's great maybe next time Siwon may invite you to come over our house."

 

     "That would be great Mr.Choi but I don't think Siwon would like to invite me to come over your house."

 

     "Why not?"

 

     I laughed as I looked at the terror on Mrs.Choi's face.

 

     "I'm just kidding, but of course I would like to meet with you again." Then,they bid their goodbyes leaving Siwon and I together.

 

     "You look so playful today, it's not like your usual self." Siwon told me with an amused look.

 

     "I guess I act like this when I find people comfortable in the first time of meeting."

 

     "Maybe,but I think were discovering each other's different side. Don't you think?"

 

     "Hmm,I think so." My phone vibrated feeling it through my bag. I saw a message from my father asking me where I am in this time of the night.

 

     "Siwon,I need to go my father is looking for me now."

 

     "Oh,really? I should dropped you off to your house."

 

     "No,Siwon it's all right."

 

     "No Tiff--fany" He continued to pronounce my full name when he noticed that he was about to call me 'Tiff ' which he thinks would sound awkward for the both of us.

 

     "Tiff? It's okay to call me that, my close friends use that name too." He nodded at me and I finally agreed that he dropped me off my house.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

     As soon as I reached home I was greeted by my father holding a glass of water in the kitchen.

 

     "Dad-sorry I'm late I just had dinner." He just nodded at me and put his glass down.

 

     "How's everything at work?"He asked me,a typical question for him.

 

     "It's going great,we're starting the job in a positive way."

 

     "That's good then." He started to walk and before he could formally leave the kitchen, I muttered the word 'Goodnight' I knew that he heard me somehow and that's good enough for me. As I get myself a glass of water a message came again.

 

     'Hey Tiffany. Are you busy? I just want to have lunch with you tomorrow,don't worry it's my treat ;) so is it a yes or a yes?'

               -Donghae

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tell me what you think guys :)