Chapter 5

My Only Hope

Hangover /Noun/

a severe headache or other after effects caused by drinking an excess of alcohol.
 

That defines it.This is the worst part about drinking.You can have all the fun all night,do all the things you want but after all that,it's over. And the first thing that awaits you in the morning is the bad hangover.But that doesn't end all of it,the worst scenario is I can't remember anything about last night. What exactly happened? How did I end here in my room? In my pajamas. My father wouldn't do that. Maybe it was Jessica. Everything is stressing me out.

The best thing right now is a cup of coffee,but as soon as I got up from my bed a pang of headache shoot through me. Screw this. Screw everything.

I tried to reach for my phone so I could call Jessica who could possibly know what happened last night.I dialed her number three times before she finally picked up her phone.

 

"What took you so long?" I instantly complained as I heard her groggy voice.

"Sorry,I just woke up. Geez what happened last night?" Great. This is not what I want to hear from her. Just as I was expecting she could help it turns out that she's one of the victims too.

"I called you to ask you that."

"Stupid. I was drunk last night. Do you think I could remember anything?"

"Some? like how did I end up here?" I questioned her hoping sh could fulfill my curiousity.

There was a long pause before she answered me.

"Wait... I got bits and bits but don't expect too much."

" That's okay."

"I could slightly remember last night that you were m-mad? That was detailed. It was like the main part of the show,how could I forget that?"

"Mad?!" I was mad?with whom?

"I could remember that you were mad,I just can't exactly remember why and I think your driver picked you up. Something like that."

"So you were saying that my driver also changed my clothes? Something like that?" I imitated the tone of her voice since nervousness is kicking in. And if ever he's the one who did that the first thing that comes to my mind is to fire him.

"I did.I think I did because we went there together right? So I probably didn't bring my car with me.As far as I could remember,I came with you in your house.So I think helped you changed."

"Are you sure?"

"I think so."

"I need a yes or no answer Jessica."

"Yes,yes geez."

"Okay,I'll catch up with you later,thanks for the help.Bye."

 

...

So I was mad last night. How can I not remember anything? I sip through my cup of coffee hoping it would calm me down.I just need a little more time,maybe it could help me remember anything.Just as I was about to get up my father's presence welcomed me.

"Where were you last night?" He asked me in a stern voice and I remembered the same tone he use when I was younger.

"I was with Jessica." I answered him shortly hoping he wouldn't dig the topic.

"Why were you late? Go to work now.I thought you're working on a new project but I don't see any progress." Just at the mention of new project I instantly remember Siwon.

"Siwon!" I shouted and my father looked at me with disapproving look.

"I'm sorry,I should get to work." I walked pass him and quickly run to my room to get to work.

 

When I was fully dressed up I drove to my work and headed straight to Jessica's office.There I saw her working on her laptop.

"Was I mad at Siwon?" She gasped at me taking my presence by surprise.

"Will you please knock before entering?"

"I'm sorry was I mad at him? Please that can't be happening,it's a total humiliation."

"Take a sit and let's talk about it." She offered me a sit which is infront of her.

"You should thank me later Tiff." She gave me a knowing smile and I hope that she could help me.

"Did you remember now? Because I could only remember me shouting at Siwon for an unknown reason." She sighed and the hopes are down again.

"We were so drunk last night Tiff, I can't even remember how many shots we took. But you getting mad was so detailed but the reason about it is quiet confusing me but I'm getting a headstart.The thing is we were teasing you that night."

"Teasing me about what? I can't be mad just because of a tease."

"Tease about you being so uptight and because the alcohol controls you,you started saying random things and gives us excuses why you were so uptight and complained about the life you have." She looked at me and sighed again.

"But as I was saying you were under the influence of alcohol."

"You know how I get affected when it comes to family."

"I know Tiff but-"

"I should go to him."

"Are you sure?" I know that she's worried about me but I know I could handle,we could sort this out,I should just apologize about my behavior last night.

 

...

I drove to his restaurant since I know that he'll be there.I asked one of his staff who possibly knows me because I've been here before checking the place. I was lucky enough that Siwon is in his office right now. I just hope that he's not mad with me.I knocked three times before I entered his office.

I saw him leaning on his chair with his hand supporting his chin and he seemed to be in a deep thought. I cleared my throat since he didn't notice my presence. He looked up at me and straightened his position.

I smiled at him to help release the tension.

"Uhmm,hi. Can we talk?" It took me a lot of courage to ask him this so he better say yes.

"Ahh,yeah sure.Have a sit."

"Thank you."

"So what is it?" He asked me and it's impossible that he forgot about what happened last night.

"About last night. W-when I was mad. I-I really didn't mean to shout at you or do anything unruly but you know that I'm under the influence of alcohol and it's not a good excuse but the fact that I don't have a good family background didn't help me at all so-" I was talking so fast that he decided to cut me out.

"Wait. I know,I shouldn't bring the topic,we shouldn't have teased you about it but I don't know anything about your family."

"I'm sorry." He smiled at me and it's nice to see him smile again.

"I'm sorry too." We both smiled at each other and there was an awkward atmosphere.

"So are we good now?"He ask me and I nodded. He suddenly stood up and I did the same since I thought that he's going back to work but instead he gave me a hug that tells me that he's not mad. But something about the hug makes me feel different. I had the chance to smell his body and I could say that he smells really good that I don't want to part. But then he pulls away from the hug and smiled again.

I automatically smiled back since his smile is like a disease that's very contagious.

 

A/n: It's a good thing that they were both in good condition.What do you think about this chapter? I'm too lazy to check for any mistakes and to double read this.I'm sorry T_T