Chapter 4

My Only Hope

 

I've been working on my designs these past few days and his friend Donghae insisted me to take a break from work.I was thinking real hard about this but later on I accepted his offer since I thought that it would be rude to decline. He's been really friendly ever since I met him and I appreciate him for that. I learned many things about him even if we only spent a little time together. And being that little time he and Siwon wasn't able to meet my friend Jessica,and so that's why we decided to have a night out.

 

But since it's too early,I decided to continue working on my office.Well,this is me,the workaholic.I have no choice though,I love it and I need it. And this continued until I haven't realize the time. I got almost 30 minutes left and Jessica is now ranting,asking me what's taking me so long.Poor lady she's always advance to everything that's she's the one who has to wait.Suddenly my phone buzzed signaling me that I got a message.

 

'Tiffany,where are you now,do you need me to pick you up in your office. Donghae texted me saying that his already there.'

                     -Siwon

What the hell is wrong with these people.It's not like I'm so late.Pick me up in my office?Wow,I didn't know he has this side on him.

 

'No Siwon,it's okay,just wait for us. I need to meet Jessica somewhere so we could go together.'

                  -Tiffany

'Okay then,we'll meet you there.'

                  -Siwon

 

 

...

 

"Geez,Tiffany what took you so long? I've been waiting for forever." Jessica rolled her eyes and got inside my car.

 

"I'm sorry,Ive been busy with design that I forgot about the time."

 

"Typical Tiffany." She rolled her eyes again and I swear that her eyes are going to roll forever if she kept on doing that.

 

"So,what's his name again? Dong--? what was that again?"

 

"Donghae,Jessica. Lee Donghae." So this lady beside me kept on asking me about Donghae ever since I talked about him.

 

"Hey,Jessica."

 

"Yeah?"

 

"Are you interested in him?" I earned a loud slap in my arm which she thinks that I deserved.

 

...

So here we are in a place with bunch of guys and girls dancing on the dance floor,swaying their bodies with the music. Now,let me clear this to you, I really hate this kind of place. If my dad knew that I went here,he'll probably kill me.

"Hey,Tiff you know that I can't offer you my help since I haven't met them,so if you don't mind will you please look for them and stop staring at the floor while walking." Yeah right.

 

I spotted a guy on a grey v-neck chinos paired with navy chino pants,he was standing and searching for familiar faces. We quickly pulled towards him and he immediately noticed us.

"Tiffany,there you are we've been waiting for you."

 

"I'm really sorry for the wait Siwon,I forgot about the time."

 

"It's okay,Tiffany." My gaze turned to Donghae and he smiled at me. I quickly remembered that Jessica's with me and I need to introduce her.

 

"Oh,this is Jessica,she's my bestfriend. Jessica this is Siwon he's my client and this is Donghae his friend." She shook Siwon's hand whilst greeting him.

"Nice to meet you Siwon.Tiffany talked about you a lot." I wish this lady could shut ,maybe Siwon could think about something nasty.

"Yeah,you know..w-work. Since you're working with me." I made that as a lame excuse hoping that he would buy it.

"She doesn't usually talk about her cli-"

"Donghae,this is Jessica my bestfriend." I cutted her to prevent her words from humiliating me.

"Nice to meet you Jessica."

 

"Now that we finally introduce each other,let's go have a drink and start this night."Siwon ushered us to our table with Jessica sitting beside me and Siwon sitting beside Donghae facing me.

"So Tiffany when did you two meet each other." Donghae asked me earning a loud chuckle from his friend.

"You know what Donghae,you shouldn't ask those kind of questions." Siwon told him gaining a glare from the lad.

"I want to know,what's wrong with that?"

"We met when we were in high school.You know,it's not that interesting." Jessica scoffed at me drinking her vodka. ( I don't know anything about alcohol beverages,so whatever it is, I don't mind hahaha)

"See I told you,those are boring questions." He continued to infuriate Donghae infront of us and it shocked me that he really has this side of him.

"So Jessica,what type of guys do you like? Do you like bad boys or nerd?" Siwon was extremely being talkative tonight surprising me again.

"Donghae, is Siwon drunk? He seems to be really different tonight."

"Oh no,he's naturally like that."

"I really looked different when it comes to work,I get serious and all,but since this is a night out I have to make the best out of it." Jessica nodded at him,as if she's telling him that she approves.

"You seem to be a cool guy Siwon. Poor Tiffany she's so uptight and perfect,she doesn't want any dirt in her life." The two guys laughed from what she said but I don't think it's funny.

"I'm glad I was able to make her agree tonight. I thought she would refuse." Donghae gave me a sheepishly smile.

"It's true that I'm uptight,but atleast I enjoy my life being like this. I won't step outside the line because I'm this perfect daughter."

 

The night continued with them forcing me to stop being uptight and try to live my life like there's no tomorrow. My head was starting to feel heavy from the drinks that I got.And in that moment I know that everyone's drunk already.Jessica starts to act really weird and I start complaining about everything.

"You,you and you.All of you" I pointed at the three of them.

"You're all a lucky person. I have a bad life a very very bad life. And the three of you don't."

"Tiffany don't say that. You really have a good life,you're rich,you live with your parents-"

"You're wrong with that Siwon, my mother died from cardiac arrest and my father was affected by this so much,so he grew distant and cold towards me. So tell me what's good in life there? I don't have any siblings,how do you expect me to enjoy my life?"

There was a long awkward silence as I spoke each words with a very sharp tone.

"Tiffany.. Stop complaining about your life and stop bringing up the past.Go look forward to your future." Siwon lectured me again but it's no use for me.

"How am I suppose to do that if my past is affecting my present and probably my future too?"

"You really don't know what's ahead of you Tiffany. Why don't you appreciate what you have now?" He slightly raised his voice making my mood even worse.

"I don't have anything! You don't have the right to say this to me! You're just my client and you don't know anything about me.Not even a single truth!"

He seems taken aback but I couldn't care less,I want to go home right now so I stood from my sit and run towards the exit. I kept on bumping with the people around me due to the alcohol inside my body.I could feel Jessica following behind me and snatched my arms.

"What?!" I shouted at her.

"You're drunk,you can't drive.I'm calling your driver."

"You don't have to, just leave me alone."

"Tiffany,please." She told me in a very pleasing tone and i knew that I have to listen to her.

 

So the night was a fair game. It went great and it went bad and I don't know what the morning brings me. All I know that it's a bad yesterday and a nightmare that I would never be waken up to. Because in the end this will always be the reality.

 

 

A/n: This is the longest chapter I have written so far and I'm not satisfied with this hahaha so I'm sorry if it bored you but please continue leaving your comments because I appreciate them so much ^^

God Bless and Thank you!