Chapter 1

My Only Hope

It's one of the usual days.I get greeted,compliments and even hugged by some of my friends,but unfortunately I can't spend so much time with them because of work.

      I'm Tiffany Hwang. Holding one of the most prestigious surname in the country.My father is the founder/president of 'Artspace Design Company'. One of the best(base from what I've heard from people) interior designing company.And I,as his daughter works here doing different projects.

I wouldn't be sitting here in my office it it wasn't for that emergency meeting which my secretary had informed me last night.I guess it would be for a new project.My head feels really crappy right now,that it keeps on jumping from one thought to another.I really need a rest right now.

Suddenly a depressing thought popped out.My dad hasn't been calling me these past few days.And we even barely acknowledge each other's presence at home.I don't know why  it's still a surprise since we've been like this to each other for almost forever.When I was younger I would always ask him what's wrong,but I never get the chance to get the appropriate answer.

My life has always been like this though.,trying to impress my dad,and trying to live in other's presumption.Yes,I love doing my work but sometimes I can't help but act like a people pleaser.And in other times I feel like I don't know myself anymore.

"Ms.Hwang,may I come in?"My secretary called for me from the outside and I gladly let her in.

"Good morning ma'am is there anything you want?"

"Good morning."I smiled warmly at her. "A hot coffee would be fine."

"Okay ma'am."

"Oh,by the way is Jessica here?"

"Yes ma'am and she would be coming in the meeting too."

"That's great,Thank you!"

 

Jessica Jung.She's my bestfriend who's also working here in artspace design.I believe that I could trust her anytime.

 

As I arrived to the place where the meeting is to be held, I saw everyone including my bestfriend already settled for the meeting.I quickly apologized for my tardiness and prepare myself.It was just a normal conference and I'm here just sitting in boredom.

When the meeting was almost over, Jessica noticed my non responsive attitude.Just like what I said,I would rather sleep on my bed than being here on this meeting.

"What's wrong with you Tiff?" She asked me while packing her things as the meeting finally ended.

"Nothing,I'm just tired."I answered plainly.

"You don't look tired,you look bored.Just look for a boyfriend you know."

"Says the one who has a boyfriend."I fired back sarcastically.

"Well atleast I'm happy."She responded too quickly as if she's guilty. "Not like you."She added softly

"Who says I'm not happy?" I asked her and she just shrugged and gave me an unadorned expression.

"By the way,what do you plan now?will you accept-"She was cutted when my phone received a call.I stared up at her as she carefully watched me talking to my father.

"Yes dad,I will go right away."

"What is it?"She asked me as I ended the call. "He said he needs to talk to me,I'll be going ahead now okay?"

"Oh okay bye."

"Goodbye Jess."

....

 

I was caught up in the middle of the traffic and I swear my father's gonna make excuses as to why I was late.I don't know what's wrong with my father but he's having a hard time believing in me.

While my patience grew thinner ,my curiousity got bigger.Why would he want to talk to me?is that something important?well ,duh? he doesn't even talk to me unless it's important or it's about business or projects.And with that I started to think all the disappointments I could've made.

I finally reached at home and quickly pace at his home office.I swiftly knocked on his door and he told me to come in.As my legs let me enter his room,I once again saw his portrait and arts.It's been a long time since I came here in his office.Well basically because he treated me as if I don't live in this house.We do talk to each other but not that much.

"Come here and sit down."I let out a chuckle as I realize that I looked like an idiot staring at his artworks.

"So I've heard you're going to have a new project,what's your plan now?"He asked me not even taking a single glance at me.

"I haven't accept it yet dad,I still would like to see my client."

"Hmm is that so?I don't know if you're still doing your job Tiffany,it's been a long time since you have a new project."

"Dad you have to undestand that I want to make a wise choice,I can't just accept projects.If you want to,I'll accept the new project."I tried to please him but he doesn't look satisfied.He just sighed before fully facing me,and then switching his stare away from me.

"Just prove it to me Tiffany.You could go now."

"Okay Dad,don't worry." I replied abruptly not really in the mood to defend myself.

Well I'm left with no choice,I have to accept the project no matter what...

Oh yeah I forgot to mention I'm really hesitant in accepting projects because my last client has a brute attitude.

 

A/n:How was it?I'm sorry if it was a bit boring but I'll improve with the next chapters.I'm really having a hard time starting chapters so I still hope you will stick to me lol :)

Please Subscribe and comment!!!God Bless!