The Dancer

Delinquent Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            a/n: Since I haven’t updated in an exceptionally long time, I recommend you reread the previous chapters to refresh your memory of this story. Or reread at least the most recent chapter. Enjoy this long overdue update :)

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2NghJuQrRo

           

            “…Jaemin?”

            “Noona!” The pout instantly changed into a grin as the boy grabbed her into a bear hug. “You remember me!”

            “Yeah, Jaemin, of course I do,” Haeri said, while trying to struggle out of her cousin’s tight grip. “You’ve grown up so much.”

            “I know right!” He said excitedly. “I’m even taller than you! Well, not that you’re very tall to begin with anyway.”

            “Yah, remember that I’m older than you.” She playfully glared up at him.

            “Yes, noona, but only by a year. And besides, I’m taller than you.” Jaemin patted her head.

            “Stop that!” Haeri pushed his hand away. “Anyways, what are you doing in Korea?”

            “My dad got transferred back here, so I’ll be living here again.”

            “That’s great to hear,” she smiled.

            “Yeah, I’m sure Auntie would be happy as well,” he looked wistfully at the woman in the bed.

            “Yeah…” Haeri sighed, remembering why she had come to the hospital in the first place. “It’s been years, but Umma still won’t wake up.”

            “How did it happen?” Jaemin asked tentatively.

            “She’s always had poor health…” Haeri responded. Jaemin looked skeptical at her answer but remained quiet. Haeri returned to her seat by the bed. “It’s nice that you came to visit though.”

            “Of course I would come to visit!” Haeri laughed at his defensive attitude, and they continued to talk, catching up on the past 10 years they’ve been apart.

~~~~~

            “Hello…yah…Haeri!”

            “Y-yes?” She jumped up, looking around to find Luhan waving his hand in front of her face. “Did you want something to drink?”

            “Uh… this is a bar. You know that, right?”

            “Geez, you don’t have to be so rude,” she muttered. ”So what did you want to drink?”

            “Hmm… how about something with vodka? Something strong.”

            “Going heavy on the drinking, I see,” Haeri pursed her lips disapprovingly. “I don’t think you should be drinking that especially since you’re a minor.”
            “Don’t you remember? I’m not an actual student,” Luhan smirked. “I’m older than you. You should be calling me oppa.”

            “Tch, in your dreams.” She rolled her eyes. “And heavy drinking is never good for anyone, no matter their age.”

            “You speak as if from experience,” he observed carefully at how she visibly stiffened. Changing the subject, he continued, “Don’t worry. I can hold my alcohol very well. And I need to loosen up a bit. I’m going to talk to that dancer girl tonight. ”

            Haeri froze. “What dancer girl?”

            “You know, the one that dances sometimes with the pole? Do you know who she is? Could you introduce me to her?”

            “Um, I’m not really that close with her…”

            “Ahh, well do you at least know her name? Isn’t she supposed to be dancing tonight?”

            Oh . I am, aren’t I… Glancing at the clock, Haeri realized that she was almost supposed to be on stage. Handing him his drink, she said, “Um, I think so. I’m going to double check to see if she is, okay?”

            “Yeah, cool.” Luhan was busy, typing furiously on his phone.

            Haeri quickly walked out from behind the bar counter and rushed to the dressing room. She quickly threw on an outfit, changing out of her silver halter top and black pencil skirt into a form fitting, classic black min

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter