What if I say no?

Delinquent Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8t59Zza23M

            “Ow! Will you stop doing that?” Haeri turned around and furiously whispered to Luhan. Ever since their conversation on the rooftop, he had seemed to be determined to bother her in any way possible. This included kicking her chair, throwing tiny paper balls at her, and tugging on a strand of her hair, which tumbled down her back slightly wavy because of the way she slept.

            “And what if I say no?” Luhan grinned widely in response. He found that he liked tugging her hair the most. It was silky and fun to touch. It looked like she could spit fire, but he never knew if she actually would because they were interrupted.

            “What is going on here?” Kris asked with a stern voice. “Please, tell me what could be so important that you would talk during my lesson.”

            “Well I was just trying to pay attention when Haeri-ssi turned around all of a sudden and began to distract me,” Luhan said innocently.

            Her jaw dropped. She could barely believe he just blamed her so easily when he was the one who was bothering her! She began to defend herself when Kris interrupted again.

            “Enough of this. School is almost over so class, you’re dismissed. You two, please stay.” The students filed out of the classroom but not without giving Haeri certain looks and glances. First she was with the transfer student and now the hot teacher? The girls almost had to be restrained from literally jumping to take her place.

            When everyone finally left, Kris turned to Luhan and Haeri and said, “I don’t care what happened or who started it, so don’t bother with your little blame game. Just make sure it won’t happen again. Now both of you will stay for an hour of detention.”

            “Detention? Sorry, I don’t do detention.” Luhan walked to the door and paused. He turned around and said to Haeri, “I’ll be waiting by the gates.” Then he winked and left.

            Haeri recovered first from Luhan’s unexpected wink. Kris seemed to be almost in shock at how rude the new student was. She then said, “I don’t do detention either, if you haven’t noticed by now.”

            “Well honestly, I don’t care. You don’t pay attention in class, never do your homework and always ditch detention. You will stay.”

            Haeri was surprised. This was the first time she had heard him sound so firm. Should I still leave…? I can’t be late for my job…

            “Do you know what I think?” He sounded like he was trying really hard to calm down. “I believe that you are acting this way for a reason…is it because of your peers? Or is it because of your situation at home?”

            “You don’t know anything about me so don’t try and pretend you do,” she said stiffly. “Don’t try and pretend you can understand me when you know nothing.”

            “I’m just trying to help. You have to let me though.” Kris was persistant.

            “Well did I ask you to? I’m not failing this class so it shouldn’t matter. Please stay out of my business. I have to go now, so bye.” She turned to leave.

            “Wait!” Kris took a step and caught Haeri by the shoulder, spinning her around to face him. What he didn’t expect was that she flinched, both of her arms moved out in front of her, almost like she was trying to stop a ball from hitting her face. Her head was tucked into her shoulder and her hair fell in front of her face. Almost immediately, she straightened up and began gathering her backpack along with some of the items that spilled out of it when she dropped it.

            Kris let his arm drop to his side. What just happened…? Why did she react that way?

            “I’m sorry if I hurt you…but I guess I was so insistent because in America and Canada, teachers have a more informal relationship with students and often help them out…”

            “…if you haven’t noticed, this is South Korea, Seonsaengnim…bye.”

Haeri was thankful that her voice didn’t betray how shaken up she was inside. She was definitely surprised when Kris grabbed her shoulder. Unfortunately, his abruptness was similar to father’s even though his grip was nowhere as strong. But it was still enough to remind her of the bruises on the other side of the fabric.

~~~~~

“Haeri…Haeri!”

Jolting up at the sound of her name, her head turned left and then right, where she saw Luahn leaning on the side of the school gate. He was smirking at her and beckoning her to come over. Instead, she ignored him and walked straight past him.

“Hey! Wait up…” Luhan quickly jogged to her. “I waited for you and this is what I get?” He feigned hurt in his voice.

Haeri kept walking and responded, “I never asked you to wait. And you were the one who got us in trouble…and then blamed it on me!”

“Hey, I can’t help it.” He held up his hands in surrender. “Your hair is just too tempting.” Luhan was smirking again. He lifted a hand to caress it, but it was smacked away by Haeri.

“Don’t touch me. And why are you following me? Don’t you have anything better to do?”

“And what if I say no?” he asked playfully.

“I doubt that your answer is ‘no’, so why don’t you just go do your supposed gangster activities or something.”

“Those can wait until another time.” He carelessly waved his hand, as if to say that he had plenty of time to follow her and do his ‘gangster activities’.

“Whatever…” Haeri had given u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter