You're Different

Delinquent Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnBIX35CISY

 

“Annyeong. I’m the new transfer student. You can call me Luhan.”

            All the girls squealed at his simple greeting and how he spoke so casually. There were whispers of “He’s so hot!” or “He must be a foreigner!” Haeri couldn’t take her eyes off of him. And Luhan just stared straight back, the same arrogant smirk remaining on his face.

            “Where would you like to sit, Luhan-ssi?” the homeroom teacher, who happened to be Kris, asked.

            His eyes leisurely swept across the room before saying, “I would like to sit…there.” He pointed at Haeri’s seat, towards the back.

            She was little caught off guard at his request for a seat that was already occupied. *Tchh, who does he think he is?* After a few seconds of silence, she raised her chin defiantly and bluntly said, “No.”

            “Haeri, would you mind moving to a different desk? Luhan-ssi said that he wants to sit there.”

            “Why should I have to move? What makes you prioritize him over me?” She stubbornly refused once more.

            “Well, he is a new student. Let’s just be courteous, okay?” He tried to keep his annoyance from leaking into his voice. If his own students didn’t respect his authority as a teacher, what kind of example was that setting for this new student?

            “Nevermind seonsaengnim. I’ll just sit in the desk behind.” Luhan was smiling widely now, like a kid who had a mischievous idea but was trying to hide it. Without waiting for an answer, he confidently strode down aisle and plopped down in the desk behind Haeri’s. She could hear the students whispering about how rude she was, especially to the new school hottie.

*It seems that by the end of the day there’s going to be yet another rumor circulating around school…* she tiredly placed her chin in her hand, just imagining some of the girls twisting the simple interaction, if you could even call it that, into a story about how she tried to seduce the innocent new student.

Then, she felt a small but forceful kick on the back of her chair. She turned around but all she saw was Luhan diligently taking notes. Slowly turning back around, she began to idly doodle when she felt another kick. She decided to ignore it, but it happened again and again throughout the class. *Just ignore it. He’s just trying to get on your nerves.* She gritted her teeth and counted down the minutes until class was over.

When the lesson was over, the teacher left the room, and break started, all the girls immediately rushed over to Luhan’s desk and bombarded him with questions.

“Where did you transfer from?”

“Do you have any siblings?”

“Do you have a girlfriend?”

“What’s your ideal type?”

Their high-pitched voices were giving Haeri a headache. She abruptly stood up with both of her hands flat on her desk and a frown on her face. On her way out the door, she heard Luhan say, “Who is she?”

“Oh her? Don’t bother talking to her. She’s the school freak.”

Although the girls’ voices were painfully loud, clearly wanting her to hear their cutting words, Haeri continued walking as though she didn’t hear them. She walked to the vending machine and was looking at the choices when a few girls from the other class shoved past her. They were urgently whispering about how there was a new transfer student in the other class and how the ‘school freak’ had tried to flirt with him. Turning back around to head to class, they gasped in shocked to see that Haeri was right behind them. Dropping their beverages, they apologized multiple times and rushed back, tripping on their own feet.

Sighing, she went to get a drink, a can of black tea since she had finished her other one long ago. There were none left. *They must have gotten the last ones…* Then, she remembered that those girls had dropped their drinks before. She looked around and saw a can of tea that had rolled off to the side. Slightly smiling, she stooped down to grab it before heading back to class.

When she arrived, the history teacher had already begun lectur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter