Partners

Delinquent Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taxINaQz4Ac

 

“Okay class. You will all pick a piece of paper from this hat. It will have a number on it. Find the other person in this class with the same number, and that person will be your partner for this project. You will not be allowed to switch partners,” Kris said sternly as he walked around the classroom, holding out the hat.

Haeri lifted her head sleepily from her desk as she peered up at Kris. It had been a busy shift last night, but hopefully her last. They were hiring another waitress, so she would soon be able to go back to dancing most nights. Sighing, she pulled out a number before resting her head in her arms once again.

“Okay, now find your partner and begin brainstorming project ideas.” Haeri winced at the sound of chairs scraping the floor as everyone hurried to find their partners.

“What number do you have?”

Haeri looked up to find Luhan standing over her, patiently waiting for her answer. She glanced at her paper and said, “15. You?”

He broke out into a wide grin as he flipped his paper for her to see. The number 15, although quickly scrawled, was still clearly legible. She had a sinking feeling in her stomach as she knew this would mean that they would be partners. Getting up, she walked over to Kris.

“Seonsangnim, can I please switch partners? Or even better, do this project on my own?”

“Why? Who is your partner?” Kris asked.

“Me,” Luhan said pleasantly as he appeared right next to Haeri.

Kris frowned as he did not particularly like this pairing. He had a hunch that they would spend more time arguing than on the actual assignment, but he would not go back on his word. “Sorry Haeri, but you can’t switch partners or do it by yourself. You’ll just have to work this out between you two. Remember, this project will count for half of your grade, so work hard.”

Haeri groaned as she realized that there would be no getting out of it while Luhan seemed satisfied with Kris’s response.

“So…when do you want to start?” he asked.

“I have my jobs right after school so it would be easier for each of us to do separate parts of the project and then combine it at the end,” she replied shortly.

“But it might not turn out good if we do it that way.”

“It’ll be good enough.”

“I say we have to meet at least 5 times before this project is due. They’ll be almost like checkpoints then,” Luhan insisted.

“And what if I say no?”

“I don’t think you will, considering I know where you work…” A small smirk crept onto his face.

“Tchh. Fine. Damn you and your blackmail, wannabe gangster.”

“What did you say?” Luhan gave her a pointed look.

“Nothing…”

“That’s what I thought,” he said smugly.

~~~~~

“What are you doing here again…” Haeri asked tiredly as Luhan enter the café.

“I thought we needed to collaborate a little for our project.”

“Well I can’t right now. I’m working,” she said shortly.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter