Are you scared?

Delinquent Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxZ8aZdW04I

 

            “Yah…Hey are you even listening to me?...Yah!”

            “What?” Haeri jolted up in her seat, looking around for the owner of the voice. Luhan stared at her, obviously bored. His chin was resting on his hand and he was facing her on the other side of the desk.

            “Are you paying attention now?”

            “I was always paying attention,” she said, irritated that her nap had been interrupted.

            “Yah. You’re supposed to make eye contact during a conversation.”

            “I. Was. Always. Paying. Attention.” Haeri said through gritted teeth, making sure to try and burn a hole into his skull with her eyes.

            “Good,” Luhan smiled cheerfully, not the least bit daunted. “Then what was I saying?”

            “You…were talking about the project…”

            “No duh, isn’t that what we’re supposed to be doing?” He rolled his eyes. “Anyway, why does it seem like you’ve been avoiding me lately?”

            “What are you talking about?”

            “There you go again with the eyes! You didn’t make eye contact. Could it be…you’re scared of me?” He asked mischievously.

            “Why would I be scared?” Haeri asked, suddenly interested in organizing her notes.

            “Because you found out I’m not a wannabe gangster like you keep calling me,” he responded briskly.

            “I was just…a little surprised,” she said. Luhan stared at her disbelievingly but decided to let the matter drop.

            The bell rang, and school was over. He continued to follow her like usual to the café and then the club. He observed the dancer until she left before leaving himself. On his way out, he noticed Haeri leaving as well. He also didn’t miss the moving shadows behind her. Who are they? Why are they following her?

            Concerned, he began to follow them. There were 3 people following her, and he didn’t like the vibe they gave off. They wore dark clothes and moved silently. Luhan followed them as they went by many blocks and turned so many corners that he lost count. Is she just going somewhere specific tonight? Or does she really walk this far after her shift ends everyday? He groaned when she took a left into a dark alleyway. I can see where this is going… It’s like in the movies… Is she stupid or something?

            He followed her between the 2 buildings. There were no lights, but he could make out their figures. Sure enough, one of the people grabbed her by the shoulders and put his other arm around . Clearly startled, she tried to break free, but his grip was too tight. Before anything else could happen, Luhan kicked one of them square in the back and pulled the remaining one in a headlock. The man holding Haeri spun around to find his comrades in disarray.

            Without saying anything, Luhan approached him, dragging the man still in his arms with him. For every step he took, the man with Haeri took one back. Soon enough, they had moved out of the alleyway and were in the dim light of a street lamp. Luhan was about to threaten the man when he suddenly let go of Haeri. Clutching his foot, he hopped around while muttering curses under his breath. Not wasting any time, Haeri then gave him a hard kick from behind and he went sprawling to the ground.

            Seeing his chance, Luhan ran over and grabbed him by the collar. He shoved him against the nearby wall and put his forearm at the man’s throat. He hissed, “Which group are you from? Who are you?”

            “…B-BTS…Jimin…” he said reluctantly.

            “What is your business with her?” He got even angrier. BTS was almost like an annoying bug that refused to be killed.

            “I th-think the question is…what is your business with her?” Jimin smirked when Luhan stiffened. “We just wanted to have some fun, but I’m sure that Rap Monster will be interested to know that this girl means something to the famous cold blooded Lu~ Han~.”

            His only response was to further push him up against the wall before punching him square in the face. Unconscious, Jimin collapsed. Luhan walked over to Haeri, where she hadn’t moved since kicking Jimin. He moved to put a hand on her shoulder, only to let it drop when she backed away, startled.

            “Are you…scared of me?” he whispered.

            “…yes,” she avoided his gaze and for some reason, he was disappointed. Since when did I care if people were scared of me? Why should she be any different?

            “But…only just a little…” He looked up in surprise.

            “Really? What part are you scared of? Is it because I’m a gangster?” Luhan wondered if it was okay to be a li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter