The meeting

Without You ( I Never Knew That You Would Be Out Of These Arms )

10 MINUTES EARLIER IN THE KITCHEN…

He begins to walk back to what when he hears something that stops him in his tracks.

“Babe…?” Luhan whips his head back at the phone, wide eyes

 He walks back to the phone slowly. The brown haired boy stands near it and listens closely.

 

LUHAN’S POV.

Who is that? Is it one of Sehunnie’s friends...? But why would he call my boyfriend babe? I’m confused.

“Hey baby, I told you not to call this number.” That’s Sehun’s voice.

Wait a minute! What’s going on here?! Why is he calling someone other than me “Baby”? Is he cheating on me? I can’t believe this! Why?!

“-cause I’m back in town for the day. I’m leaving tomorrow, but I thought we should see each other before I do.” I hear that guy on say to him and it snaps me out of my thoughts.

Are you kidding me? I shake my head and listen in.

“Kai…I don’t…I don’t know I’m kinda bus-“ I hear Sehun say to him.

“Uh, Kai…? Is that his name?”

“I’m not taking no for an answer. Come on…” the deep voice replies to him. “I’m missed you Sehunnie”

I feel a knot in my throat when I hear the stranger say that. He’s my Sehunnie. I instantly feel like a little kid being robbed his favorite toy.

“Me too. Alright, sure!” My heart clenches when I hear that. The tears in my eyes are threatening to fall any second now. Sehun, why do you sound so happy meeting him? I feel a single tear stream down my right check. I quickly wipe it away.

I hear them say goodbye after making plans to meet each other in a few. I can’t believe this is happening, I feel like my world is crashing down.

Pull yourself, Luhan! I can’t jump to conclusions yet. I don’t have real proof yet, so I should give him the benefit of the doubt, right…? Who am I kidding? That phone call itself is proof enough. I take a deep breath and sigh.

He’s probably wondering what’s taking so long. I need to head back out there.

END OF LUHAN’S POV.

 

Luhan pours the drinks and make his way back out into the living room. He tries to kept call when he sees said boy coming back from the balcony, phone in hand. Luhan hands him his glass and fakes a smile. He takes a sip and grins back, thanking him. Sehun puts the drink on the coffee table and sits down on the couch.

Luhan’s makes his way to the large windows, taking a sip himself.

“Who was on the phone?” he asks his boyfriend, with a serious tone. He has his back to him.

Sehun coughs instantly, when he’s caught off guard. “Oh…my…my manager.” He makes up. “I was actually just going to tell that he scheduled a meeting in 20 minutes, so I have to head out for a while.”

Luhan freezes, but the blonde doesn’t notice. He didn’t think it was gonna hurt that much to hear Sehun lie to his face.

“Is that so? Alright, I’ll see you later I guess.” He takes another sip.

“Ok, I’ll see when you come back. Be careful.” I say emotionless.

Sehun gets up and walks over to Luhan. He back hugs him and kisses his cheek. For the first time, Luhan doesn’t feel anything. He still gives a weak smile so his lover so he doesn’t suspect anything. The blonde boy makes his way out to meet Kai. Luhan watches the retreating back and frowns.

When he sees the door close, the doe-eyed male runs to the phone. He quickly makes a phone call.

 

LUHAN’S POV.

I can hardly think right now. I suddenly remember the conversation. I remember them saying something about meeting at Acquerello. I know that my friend Yixing works there. Hopefully he has a shift today.

I hear the dialling tone loud and clear. After the third ring, my best friend picks up.

“Hey Hyung, listen can I call you back, I’m at work right no-“ he hurriedly says

I cut him off. “Listen, I need you to do me a favor. It’s important” I say in a begging tone. I have to know for sure that he’s sleeping around.

“Alright Hyung. What is it?”

“I think Sehun is cheating” I manage to say with getting choke up.

“WHAT?! You’re wron-“ I cut off again.

“Shh, listen. I overheard him talking to some guy and there supposed to meet each other soon enough at your workplace.” I didn’t bother telling him anything else.

“Well maybe he’s just a friend?” he suggests.

“Yeah, maybe…but I still need you to find out what’s going on.”

“Sure hyung, anything for you!”

“Thanks lay. I owe you big time.” I say before hanging up.

I put the phone back on the hook and I grabbed my jacket on couch arm. I take the car keys on the hook and make my way out.

END OF LUHAN’S POV.

 

Luhan got near Mercedes Benz and got in fast. He started the engine and tried thinking about what he was going to do next. Confront Sehun and the mystery man at the bar, or just wait for Yixing’s call?

He needed to calm down. Maybe a drive would help? He left the garage basement, not too sure where he was headed.