The moment it all changed

Without You ( I Never Knew That You Would Be Out Of These Arms )

He moves closer to me. “You know, I really missed you back in America.” he whispers in my ears. It sends shivers down my spine.

He looks back at me, with a smirk. “So did-“ I say before I’m cut off by my phone ringing. I sigh it’s probably Luhan wondering where I am.

I answer it and it’s not my lover.

“Oh Sehun?” I hear.

“Yes, this is he. Can I help you?” I say irritated that I’m being bothered right now.

“Well sir it’s about Lù Han. I’m sorry to tell you that he’s been in a terrible accident…” That’s when my world stopped turning.

END OF SEHUN’S POV.

After the phone call he just had, Sehun dashed out of the place, leaving a confused Kai behind.

 

Sehun finally arrives at the crime scene. He looks around trying to figure out what happens. The blonde boy gets out of his car, running to get a closer look. He makes his way under the yellow ‘caution’ sign, and an officer stops him.

“I’m sorry sir, but I can’t let you through. This is a restricted area.” The man pushes him.

Sehun tries to get past him. “That’s my partner’s car! What the hell happened?” he says, running his hand through his hair. He looks to his left and sees Luhan’s car crashed onto a tree. He starts to panic.

“Where is he? Where’s Luhan?” he yells.

The chief of police, who had seen the commotion, walked over to them. When he gets near, he notices the younger’s expression and assumed that it was the man he had called earlier.

“Are you Oh Sehun?” he says with a serious tone.

“Yes! Yes, that’s me.” The boy responds. “Where’s my boyfriend?” he says frantically.

The older officer gets taken aback by the new information, but brushes it off. “We just got out him out of the car. We’re rushing him to the hospital.” He retorts turning away and finishing his job.

Sehun grabs the chief’s arm and turns him to face the younger of the two. “Can I go with him?”

The man looks at Sehun. “I’m sorry, but only family can go with the victims. I can’t allow-“

“Please! I beg you!” Sehun says with tears threatening to fall.

The officer looks at the boy, sympathizing. He sighs.

“Alright hurry up. We have to get him to the hospital.”

Sehun thanks him and nears the ambulance car. He sees the medics push someone on a stretcher inside. He quickly gets in right after. Right before they close the door, the chief hands Sehun his lover’s phone. He takes it and they hastily head to the hospital.

 

At the Hospital…

 

SEHUN’S POV.

 

I can’t believe this is happening right now. Why did this happen? Jeez, why was he driving so recklessly? Aish…

I see them the doctors and nurses rush Luhan to an operating room. They had me with in the waiting room. I seriously can’t take this. Seeing my boyfriend like that broke me, it hurt almost. He was all battered and bruised. It was terrible.

It’s almost 2 hours since they had him in there. I wonder what’s taking them so long. What’s happening with Luhan? I rest my elbows on my knees, with my hands intertwined and head hung low.

Minutes later, I hear the sliding door next to me open. I turn my head to the direction and I see a doctor with a mask on. I quickly get up, rushing to him. I cut him off before he has a chance to speak.

“What’s taking so long? How is he?” I ask worried.

He removes the mask that covers the low half of his face. “I’m sorry to tell you this, but we’re not sure he’s gonna make it.” My heart sinks. “We’re doing the best we can.”

I back away slowly from the man, sitting back down. I look everywhere, but at the doctor.

“I’m sorry.” It’s the last thing he says before he leaves me alone.

I can’t think properly at all. I’m imagining the worst right now. What if he doesn’t pull through? What if he’s gone forever? What if…?

I try to snap out of it. I can’t think like that. After pulling myself together, I realize that I need to tell his parents what happened and Lay-hyung too.

Before I can do that, something in my jacket pocket vibrates. I check it and I pull out Luhan’s phone. I guess I can use it to call. I open it and my eyes widen. On the screen is a picture of Kai and I at the bar. I’m kissing him, on top out that. Soon it all dawns on me.

“Luhan knows…” is all I’m able to say.

At that moment, the worst feeling in the world rushes through me; guilt. I feel a terrible person for betraying someone as good as him. He didn’t deserve what I did to him, no one does. How could I do this…? I shake my head, knowing fully well why. It’s because I’m a horrible person. I hurt him and I probably drove him to this situation. I feel a lump in my throat, sick to my stomach. This is my fault. I feel a tear escape my eye.

All I can think right now is how much I really love him and how sorry I am for hurting him.

My life don't make sense without you

So please baby live for me

Be strong love and stay alive

Luhan I love you so much 

I don't know how I can live without him. I need him in my life.

END OF SEHUN'S POV.

 

A nurse walks into the waiting room 30 minutes later, but Sehun didn’t notice.

“Sir, I have news for you.” she says in a delicate voice. The international model whips his head back and gets to his feet quickly.

“What is it?” he says, expecting the worst.

“Well the doctors have stabilized your friend. He’s-“

“Boyfriend…He’s my boyfriend” I corrects her.

The nurse is taken aback. She can’t believe someone as handsome would swing for the other team. She even thinks she’s seen him somewhere before, but she can’t seem to pin point where. She collects her thoughts and continues her job.

“Well your…partner has been moved to a room and you may see him briefly now.”

She proceeds to tell him what room Luhan's in and Sehun runs past her in search. When he finally found it, the blonde boy stands right in front of the door. He takes a deep breath and opens it. Sehun gets in and hurriedly closes the door, his back facing the patient in the room. He can hear the noise from the monitors. He decides to finally turn around and when he does, tears fall down his face.

 

What has he done…?