The regrets

Without You ( I Never Knew That You Would Be Out Of These Arms )

To my fellow reader's - Happy Valentine's Day or Not (for those who don't celebrate it~ which is totally fine :) )

 


 

“Boyfriend…He’s my boyfriend” I corrects her.

The nurse is taken aback. She can’t believe someone as handsome would swing for the other team. She even thinks she’s seen him somewhere before, but she can’t seem to pin point where. She collects her thoughts and continues her job.

“Well your…partner has been moved to a room and you may see him briefly now.”

She proceeds to tell him what room Luhan's in and Sehun runs past her in search. When he finally found it, the blonde boy stands right in front of the door. He takes a deep breath and opens it. Sehun gets in and hurriedly closes the door, his back facing the patient in the room. He can hear the noise from the monitors. He decides to finally turn around and when he does, tears fall down his face.

What has he done…?

 

SEHUN’S POV.

This is my fault…This is my entire fault…

Through my leaking eyelids, I see Luhan-Hyung on the hospital bed looking battered and bruised. I slowly make my way towards him. When I sit down in the chair near his bed, I take his hand into mine. He looks so fragile at this moment. I examine his face and he has a cut near his right eyebrow, huge bruise on his forehead and right cheek. His entire body looks like it’s been scrapped. He’s left wrist is heavily bandaged. I can see that his stomach is bandaged as well.

“This is my fault…This is my entire fault…” I say out aloud. I look at him and I can help, but wish I was in his place.

“It is your fault.” I hear behind. I’d recognize that voice and that heavy accent anywhere. It’s Lay-Hyung. I guess I didn’t hear him come in, lost in my own selfish thoughts. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. I can hear him make his way to Luhan’s other side. I gather enough courage and look up at him.

To my surprise, what I saw was not what I expected at all. I thought I’d see hate and anger on his face, but instead it was sadness and disappointment. I look back down. I think I would’ve liked to see him mad at me, rather than his displeasure with me.

I look back up; trying to make eye contact with him, but it’s no use. He avoids me.

“Lay-Hyung…I” I try to say.

“Don’t call me that.” He cuts me off, not bothering to look at me when he does.

Wow that hurt.

END OF SEHUN’S POV.

 

Yixing looks at his best friend’s face with a sad expression. He can’t believe this happened. The officer’s said he must’ve lost control of the car. The brunette knows that Luhan is a careful driver and that something drastic had to have happen for him to do so. Since he doesn’t know all the answer for sure yet, he can’t help but blame the younger blonde before him.

“But, Hyung…” Sehun says trying to reach out to Yixing.

Lay finally looks at him. “DON’T. I don’t want to hear it.” He looks back at the injured man, taking his hand and caressing his face with the other.

“You did this to him.” he says with an unreadable expression. “I trusted you with his heart and you broke it.”

He looks at Sehun. “How could you?”

Sehun doesn’t know what to say at this point. He doesn’t know how to make this better.

“I don’t know…it all just happened”

 Lay scoffs, rolling his eyes. "You’re lying.” He sighs. “Geez, you’re despicable.”

“I didn’t mean to. It wasn’t my intention.”

“Well guess what, it happened!” Lays says getting irritated. “You cheated.” He points right in Sehun face.

Sehun shots up. “You don’t know that whole story alright?” he says trying to remain calm. “I didn’t expect to keep seeing him. I just couldn’t stop.” Said crossing his arms, not realizing what he had just said.

 

LAY’S POV.

Wait what? So this little prick has been cheating for a while now. I can feel myself getting madder by the second.

“What the did you just say?” I can hear my voice getting higher.

The look on his face tells me that he didn’t notice it either. He looks like a deer caught in headlights. Before I let my temper blow up, I shove him out of the room. When we’re both out in the hallway, I close the door behind me.

“You cheated more than once, you er?” I say showing him onto the opposite wall.

Sehun makes contact with the wall, and I see him wince. I feel bad for a second, then the sympathy vanishes. Instead, anger overwhelms my body.

Sehun rubs his shoulder and looks at me with a hint of fear in his eyes.

“I-I...I didn’t mean for any of this to happen, hyung, I swear.” He looked like he regretted it, but that doesn’t change the fact that Luhan is still in the hospital.  

“It’s too late Sehun. You’ve hurt him enough.” I turn away from him and head to the door again. “You shouldn’t be here anymore. I think it would be best if you left…and don’t come back.” I say before I fully enter the room. “I think we both know you’ve made your choice.” I leave him in the hall.

END OF LAY’S POV

Sehun watches Yixing close the door behind. He doesn’t understand how he let his affair with Kai go on for so long or at all for the matter. He just lost a friend that he began to be really close to and he lost the most important in his life, Luhan.

He doesn’t want to get Lay madder, so he decides to just leave. He walks out the hospital with an empty feeling in his stomach. It’s like the whole world came crashing down.

 

In the meantime in Luhan’s hospital room…

Lay is sitting in a chair next to Luhan, holding his hand. He seems so delicate to Yixing. He hangs his head. How could he let this happen to his best friend and his one-sided love? He could never forgive himself for letting Luhan get hurt like that.

Just as the younger brunette was beating himself up over the situation, he felt the grip that he had on the patient tightened. His head shot back up, only to see that a tear had shed from Luhan’s eye.

“Sehun…” is the only thing that escaped from the older lips.

 


 

Hello my little gum drops, let me start off by saying that I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while. A lot of things have been going on. I wasn't feeling alright and I didn't have motivation to do anything for sometime now and I started my new semester in College. I was feeling pretty Blahh. So I'm trying to balance everything. I didn't want to give up on the stories I started because I know some of you like them and I still love writing, So I will try to get back into writing and update as often and fast as I can now that I feeling a bit better.

I've missed all my readers very much and to my new subscribers (and my older ones~) Thank you for taking an interest in this fanfiction. I also decided to post the new chapter today as a valentine's day gift~ so here you go guys! 

As always love to know what you guys think so comment and subscribe, it would TRULY mean A LOT! Thankies *hugs every single one of you* Spread the love <3

- Anewlifetime~