~Chapter 5~

Your Typical Love Story ♥

 

 

Chapter 5 

Xin Mei's (Your) Point of View 

               I slightly opened my eyes squinting, adjusting to the brightness.  I was confused at the sight, the sight of boys climbing out of bunk beds, rushing in and out of the room.  Then I started to remember.

(Flashback)

I headed my way, but before I could I was suddenly pulled back.  I turned around to see Kyuhyun.

"I don't want to be sued if you get kidnapped,"  he said tugging my arm harsly heading towards the elevator,

"What floor?"  he asked.

"3rd,"  I answered, trying to loosen the grasp of is hand.

"Oh,"  he said noticing, and quickly let go of my arm.

 

 

 

We soon arrived to room 37, I knocked on the the door, there was no answer, I knocked again, but still there was no answer, and looking at Kyuhyun, he was getting inpatient.  I called them over and over again, but the was no answer.  

"Kyuhyun, you can leave, I'll find somewhere to stay,"  I said panicking on where I would stay.  Kyuhyun had taken a few steps before he stopped,

"How about coming to my dorm, we have an extra bunk?"  he said, I guess he actually pitied me.

"No it's fine,"  I declined his offer,  My parent would never allow it, they wouldn't even hear of it.  I kept on arguing with him, saying that I was fine, Kyuhyun was getting furious getting his point across.

"Kyuhyun, it's fine I don't want to bother you and you friends,"

 

"Xin Mei!"  he said pushing my shoulders against the wall continuing, "Like I told you its not a bother, if something happens to you or you get kidnapped do you want me to live with guilt for the rest of my life!"  I didn't know why?  Was it because his yelling that made me frightened or because he was so close to me, my heart was like a drum pounding so fast and hard, it felt like it was ready to burst.  I wonder if he had heard my heart.  I started to squirm and wriggle out of his strong hold of me.

 

We were both surprised with his unexpected actions, even he was,

"Sorry, I didn't mean to do that,"  he said after calming down.

I was still recovering from my shock, "I-it's okay. . . You know, I think your right, if I do bother you its only for a day the most.

(End of Flashback)

 

 

               I saw Kyuhyun climb down from the top bunk, messy bed haired and half awake.

"Your awake?"  he asked rubbing his eyes.

"Uhmmm,"  I said nodding while smiling.  Yesterday I discovered a caring side to Kyuhyun, maybe he isn't as bad as I assumed him to be, maybe.

"Why are you smiling, is it because of me?"  he said with a smirk.

"What?  Of course not,"  I said quickly.

 

 


 

               "Xin Mei, are you coming along to the resturant today?"  Kyuhyun asked.

"Yeah,"  I answered from the bedroom.  All of Kyuhyun's roommates had left already, by the time we woke up, they were getting ready to leave.  I quickly slipped into my old clothes and headed into the bathroom to wash and got ready for the day.  And headed outside.

 

 

 

Kyuhyun was pretty comfortably squatted on the floor against the wall tapping away on his phone.

"Hold on, almost finished,"  he said noticing me finally ready.

 

 

(10 Minutes Later)

"OK,"  he stood up and stretched, "Can't you get any slower getting ready,"

"I was ready 10 minutes ago, we would of left 10 minutes ago if you weren't so into your game."  I said, Okay I admitt I am slow, but he didn't seem like he minded, he was so into his game.

"Whatever,"  he said walking ahead.

We had missed the bus, and there wouldn't be another bus for another hour, so we decided to take the subway.

 

 

We arrived at the Cozy Sweets Cafe` (restaurant) 20 minutes late.

 

"Goodmorning, have you both ate yet?"  My parents greeted and asked us.

"No because someone was so slow,"  Kyuhyun said looking at me.

"What?  What do you m---"

"Okay, stop, I'll make you breakfast,"  my mom said chuckling, "Come in and sit down."

I didn't even get to tell my side of the story, when Ma walked away.  We went in and sat down at our own family dining table in the back.

 

 

"Oh, here's the chocolate waffles,"  my mom said coming in with 2 plates, "Eat up, go ahead and grab the drinks you prefer."  The smell of chocolate waffles enclosed around me, I missed the smell alot, I was so used to it since I was little.

 

As I was eating I glanced at the clock, it was 12, rush hour should be in 2 hours.

"What are you thinking about?"  Kyuhyun asked suddenly noticing my blank look.

"Nothing,"  I reply, we had started talking more often lately, more than the beginning of the year.  Well even if we hated each other, we couldn't show it near my parents.  Or else they'll know that something was up.

 

I was totally annoyed, I was rushing back and fourth between customers, while Kyuhyun stood there flirting with girls.  Was he here to work or to increase his popularity?  If I don't get him working, I'll be blamed after for any trouble.  I went over to Kyuhyun and put down a pack of order-slips,

"Don't just stand there flirting, take the orders for Table 5 and 7, my parents doesn't pay you to flirt with girls,"  I said annoyed.

 

"Jealous?"  he whispered in my ear as he walked pass by.  I opened my mouth to say something but he was no where in sight.

"Me jealous?  What should I be jealous about?"  I scoffed entering into the kitchen to prepare drinks.  I am known to be shy and quiet, but that side of me disappears once I enter the restaurant.  You can't work properly if your a shy, quiet worker, I was taught to be more sociable with customers.

 

 

(Back at the Dorms)

Miyoung's Point of View

               "MaiJu, do you want to put together anything for tomorrow?  School is starting Monday," I asked.

"Yeah, maybe to the amusement park, haven't been there in awhile,"  MaiJu said smiling.

"Anyway, why did you decide to lock Xin Mei out last night,"

"I really don't know, Xin Mei has always disliked Kyuhyun, but only because of his outer appearance, even though there's hate between them I feel like a part of Xin Mei would actually like him,"  she continued, "I don't know I just have a feeling that they belong together,"

I gave her a weird look,

"Okay lets go to the amusement park with them tomorrow," 

"Wait, they might be working tomorrow,"  MaiJu said, "Lets go and ask,"

 

 

 

(Back at Cozy Sweets Cafe`)

"Xin-ah,"

"Yes?"  I answered.

"Kyuhyun asked, why we named this restaurant, Cozy Sweets Cafe`"  my mom told me. 

"Well, when I first saw this building, it looked very cozy and we served quite light sweet meals,"  I continued, "I went through many different kind of names, but none of them sounded right, so I came up with a name that was simple and described the restaurant well, Cozy Sweets Cafe`,"  I finished smiling.

"Oh, you were pretty thoughtful at naming it,"  Kyuhyun said.  Wow he talks very nicely when my parents are around.

 

"Xin-ah!"  I heard someone shout.  When I turned, I found MaiJu and Miyoung coming towards me.  I gave them a glare for what they did last night.

"Oh, we're so sorry we locked you out yesterday,"  Miyoung said.  I wondered if my mom had heard her.

"Huh, they locked you out?  Then where did you stay?"  my dad asked.  I quietly pointed to Kyuhyun, expecting a lecture.

"Oh,"  that was all they said.

"Your not mad?"  I asked surprised.

"No, why would we be mad, I trust Kyuhyun to take care of you?"  

"Oh, nevermind,"  I was surprised, usually they had me stay as far away from guys as I could.  Even Miyoung and MaiJu had shocked expressions, my parents were quite strict about school and guys.

"Oh, we're here to ask if you and Kyuhyun are free tomorrow."  MaiJu said.

"Ummm, I think I'm free,"  I looked at my parents and they gave me a nod.

"How about you?"  MaiJu asked directing the question at Kyuhyun.

"Yeah, I'm free, why?"  Kyuhyun answered, but MaiJu didn't answer his, why?

"Okay, then its set then,"  Miyoung said.

"What is set?"  I asked.

"We're going somewhere to have fun tomorrow freely,"  MaiJu said.  "And here's your key, you won't be locked out again today, sorry about that."

 


 

 

Yes, after awhile I'm finally here with an update, I've made it a bit longer.  It's spring break so I'll try to be back with another update soon.  I'll try my best.  So what do you think, I hope you enjoyed this update.  Please comment and subscribe, I'll really appreciate it!  Thanks! :D