Chapter 7

Switched

Days have already passed since that fateful day when Ryosuke Mirai’s fingers. After that incident, Mirai can’t seem to concentrate on things. Like that one time when she was practicing Aikido with her brother Masuda, She lost their little ‘match’ since she was spacing out. The image of Ryosuke her fingers seems to pop up everywhere she goes, even in her dreams; that image didn’t leave her mind. Because of that incident, she had difficulty sleeping. She wanted that incident to happen again. Whenever she remembers that incident, her heart can seem to calm down.

 

“Mirai?” Umika said, right now, she was having lunch together with Umika, Ryosuke, and Chinen. Ryosuke and Chinen just went out to get them drinks.

 

“Yes?” Mirai replied and gave her a blank stare

 

“You seem to space out a lot these past days, what happened?” she asked, “don’t tell me you’re sick again?!” she added, worried that Mirai got sick again

 

“I’m not sick” she said then looked down

 

“You know, you can tell me your problems. I can help you” Umika replied.

 

“I don’t have problems” Mirai denied, she knew she had a problem. Especially these past few days, she can’t seem to get Ryosuke out of her mind

 

“I know you have Mirai, though we just met, It’s all written in your forehead, you have. You can tell me you know” Umika said, concerned with her friend.

 

Mirai had the urge to tell Umika, though she didn’t want to tell her, she had a strong urge to tell Umika what she feels. She felt as if Umika can help her with her problem.

 

“Umika, you know that Ryo-chan and I are childhood friends right?” she started to share her feelings while Umika listened attentively. Not noticing, Mariya was listening to their conversation. Well, actually, she happened to pass by when she suddenly heard Mirai’s voice saying ‘Ryo-chan’. Out of curiosity, she started to eavesdrop with Umika and Mirai’s conversation.

 

“I felt so different this past few days” she said while Umika nodded then said “What kind of ‘difference’?” she asked

 

“Last time, when Ryo-chan and I we’re practicing for our cooking competition, I cut my fingers, in an instant, Ryo-chan my fingers. After that incident, I keep on remembering what happened. Whenever I remember them, I get irregular heartbeats” she said, while Umika noticed the blush that appeared on Mirai’s cheeks. She smiled unconsciously. It was her first time to see Mirai this frail.

 

For her Mirai gave off a ‘cool’ feeling aura around her. Seeing Mirai this frail made her think that Mirai was a ‘girl’ too. “I know the answer of your question” she said. Mirai looked up, obviously waiting for Umika’s continuation.

 

“You like him” she said then smiled.

 

Mariya’s eyes widen, “She likes Ryosuke?” she thought, then left. She couldn’t afford to listen to Umika and Mirai’s conversation anymore. Right now, she was too angry, she hated Mirai more since she was always with Ryosuke. That fact is enough to ruin her day, and now she learned that Ryosuke Mirai’s fingers. Her day was definitely not going well. She loved Ryosuke for long time already. She was desperate and she wanted to have him for her own.

 

Mirai’s eyes widen, she looked so clueless, so innocent. “But we’ve been together for more than 10 years already, I don’t think that’s possible” she said then laughed, most probably a forced laugh but Umika just smiled.

 

“You like him” Umika said “I have the same feelings towards Chinen-kun” she said

 

Right now, Mirai’s mind was taking too much. She never expected that she liked Ryosuke. For her, Ryosuke was nothing but a mere childhood friend. Plus, she was a ‘boyish’ girl, it was impossible for her to fall for a gay. More like, she was scared to love a gay, scared that Ryosuke can’t return her feelings back.

 

She then remembered that she told Chinen that she liked Umika and not Ryosuke. Man, too much trouble, how can she clear this mess she made. It wasn;t particularly a mess, it was more of a misunderstanding. Since that moment she was doubting whether or not she liked Ryosuke, but right now, she was sure, she liked Ryosuke.

 

On the otherhand, Chinen and Ryosuke was on their way back to the place where they had their lunch. Ryosuke noticed that Chinen seemed a little bit depressed.

 

“Why so down?” he asked while

 

“Does Mirai really like Umika?” he asked, Ryosuke felt disturbed. That was the question he didn’t want to hear. Everytime he remembers Umika and Mirai together, his blood boils, as though he wanted to huh Mirai.

 

“I----I---- ” he stuttered, unable to add more words to their conversation

 

“It’s alright Suzuki-kun, I have a low chance with Umika anyway” he said trying to lighten up the mood then tapped Ryosuke’s shoulders.

 

“Hi Ryosuke-kun! Chinen-kun!” Mariya popped out of nowhere and greeted them

 

“Oh! Mariya, hi!” Ryosuke replied

 

“Are you free tonight? I’m going to have a party at home, it’s my mother’s birthday and she wants me to invite you” she asked

 

“Can I bring Mi-chan with me?” he asked back. Mariya’s smile suddenly became ‘plastic’, she hated Mirai so much. To hear that statement from her own crush, she wanted to delete Mirai’s identity immediately, at the same time, she wanted to impress Ryosuke so she nodded.

 

“Yep. She can go too” she said briefly still wearing a fake smile

 

“I’ll go then” Ryosuke said then smiled at her.

 

On the other part of the story, Riisa just got fired from her work. Not that she was working inefficiently, in fact she was the employee of the month on the establishment she was working at. It was all because of the neon pink shirt paired with black shoes and yellow socks, big pink ribbon on her head, with her green colored leggings. The owner came into their establishment for a surprise visit when she saw her ridiculously bright get up. The owner didn’t like her get up since it was hurting her vision. She looked like a flower pot in her get up, that urged the owner to fire her. Seriously, she was working as a saleslady in a boutique, this boutique never had a uniform since the owner wanted their establishment to be unique.

 

Riisa’s get up was intolerable, so the owner fired her. She was having her ‘moment’ when suddenly she saw Masuda. He was pointing, here and there, obviously instructing his men. She then had a bright idea, slowly she approached Masuda and said “Hongo-san, can I work here?” she asked.

 

Masuda looked to Riisa direction, his attention was caught by Riisa’s get up. He smiled “Such a cool get up!” he asked back and didn’t answer Riisa’s question. On Riisa’s side, she was happy, for the first time in history, someone praised her get up so she smiled then proudly said “They’re from Neon Styles”

 

“Really? Are they new?” Masuda replied with great excitement, forgetting that he was still at work

 

“Yes, they just arrived yesterday!!” she exclaimed, never minding the strage look other people gave her

 

“Yosh! I’m gonna invade that place tonight!! By the way, you want work?” he asked

 

“Yes!! Do you have any vacancies?” she replied while Masuda nodded

 

“Just go to our manager and ask him” he said while Riisa did what Masuda asked her

 

 

On the otherhand, Ryosuke told Mirai that they were invited by Mariya to her mother’s birthday party. Hearing this, Mirai felt happy, she liked Mariya, for her she was a perfect student so she didn’t refuse Ryosuke’s offer.

 

 

Author's Note: Sorry for the SHORT UPDATE.. *bows* I have been busy with my studies. I apologize since this chapter seems too crappy, my mind was floating somewhere when I was writing this so I apologize again..