Chapter 6

Switched

Ryosuke lie down in his bed, still worried about Mirai. “I wonder if Mi-chan’s fever had gone down already” he thought. He couldn’t sleep though it was almost 11:00 in the evening. He should be fast asleep two hours ago, yet he can’t bring himself to sleep. He tried changing his position but it didn’t work.

 

So he stood up and headed to the fridge to drink water. He was slowly making his way to the kitchen when he heard Saki’s voice.

 

“Just leave us alone! My baby and I can live without you!!” Saki said in an angry manner. Ryosuke was shocked, from what he knew; that matter shouldn't be heard. Especially by a teenager like him, so he immediately went back to his room.

 

He’s not stupid, his Saki-neechan is pregnant and he can’t just ignore it.

 

He lay down, without noticing it, he fell asleep.

 

The next morning, he woke up early in the morning, and made a breakfast for Mirai. While making the breakfast, he was also thinking about what he heard last night.

 

“Just leave us alone! My Baby and I can live without you!!”

 

That statement continuously echoed in his mind. He was happy but also sad at the same time. Happy since they will have another family member, but at the same time he was sad, he wanted Saki to have someone to be with during her lifetime. He means that he wanted her to have a husband.

 

After he finished making breakfast, he also made a lemon juice with honey. It was made the way Mirai-wanted it, Sweet. He put the breakfast in a boxed lunch and went to the Hongo’s. Today, he was free since it was Saturday.

 

It was still 6:00 in the morning but he knew that Kazuya was already awake. He knocked and he was surprised when Mirai opened the door with a booming voice saying “GOOD MORNING RYO-CHAN!”

 

Mirai was wearing the blue skirt that Kazuya bought from the boutique together with Aya. Ryosuke was surprised, not because of her booming voice but because of the skirt Mirai was wearing. For the first time in his life, he saw Mirai’s milky white legs wearing a skirt. Her thighs could be seen, he was a gay but he was still a guy. He thought that the view of Mirai wearing a skirt was really enticing. As if she descended from heaven, for him she looked like an angel.

 

He then blinked, pulling himself back to reality and tried to act natural.

 

“Whoah! That surprised me!” Ryosuke said with his hands placed in the left part of his chest “You’re okay now?” he added

 

“Yep! Thanks to you!” she said “Why so early?” she added

 

“I thought you were still sick so I decided to cook you some breakfast” he replied raising his right hand which was carrying the bag that contained the breakfast.

 

“Ryo-chan!! I will eat it!” she said

 

They then went inside, Ryosuke was relieved since he could see Mirai in her normal energy level. For him, seeing a very weak and frail Mirai was a torture. It felt worse than the feeling of being bullied.

 

“I’m glad you’re already fine” he said unconsciously as he stared at Mirai who was eating the breakfast he made with such gusto.

 

Mirai looked up and their eyes met. She immediately reverted her eyes from Ryosuke to the food he made. Her heart was beating like crazy. She felt as if her heart took too much anesthesia, it was so numb. She had that unexpectedly unexplainable feeling.

 

On the other hand, Ryosuke looked away, “What was I doing? Mi-chan’s your best friend, you can’t fall for her. She likes Umika” he thought then sighed.

 

“Mi-chan how’s the food?” he asked to lift the awkwardness that surrounded them

 

“Oh, it’s super delicious!” she replied

 

“I can teach you how to make it” he answered “At the same time we can practice for the contest” he added

 

“Great idea Ryo-chan! We can practice here. I’m sure Kazu nii-chan will allow us to use the kitchen”

 

“Sure, I’ll ask him” he said then went to the kitchen to ask permission if he and Mirai could practice for the upcoming contest which Kazuya openly permitted.

 

“Mi-chan, Kazu nii-san gave us permission to use the Kitchen” he told Mirai

 

“Good! I’ll finish this first” she answered

 

After that, they practiced the different kinds of cuts appropriate for each and every meal they will possibly make. That moment was too precious for the both of them. If only they could freeze time and make it forever like this, they will do all the means just to have that. It almost looked like it was not a practice but a bonding between bestfriends.

 

Mirai mastered all the cuts in a blink of an eye. She was a fast learner so Ryosuke didn’t have any issues with him having to teach her a lot of things. It’s just that Mirai was a lazy bum that’s why she doesn’t study.

 

Ryosuke forgot all that was happening in his real life the moment they were practicing, as if he didn’t hear anything last night, as if Saki wasn’t yet at home.

 

Both of them practiced as if the world was theirs, you could mistake them for a couple. Ryosuke being the girl since he skillfully taught Mirai all she needed to know while Mirai was the guy, she made mistakes in terms with cutting, nonetheless she still learned how to do it.

 

Without noticing, Masuda arrived home from the special training he attended. He then saw Ryosuke Mirai’s left point finger, he then thought about dirty thoughts.

 

“What are you doing?” Masuda asked wide-eyed at the couple

 

“I was Mirai’s thumb, she cut herself with the knife” Ryosuke replied innocently

 

 

“We’re practicing for the upcoming cooking contest. Ryo-chan and I was chosen to be the participants for our class” Mirai added then smiling.

 

Masuda sighed “Good!” he said then went back to his room. He was happy since the two of them was too innocent. Both of them didn’t even realize what they were doing could give other people wrong impression about what they we’re actually doing.

 

On the otherhand, Mirai’s heart was racing, she felt as if electricity was running from Ryosuke’s mouth, she felt so numb, she wanted to revert her hand from Ryosuke’s mouth but at the same time she wanted to keep it that way. While Ryosuke felt the same, it was like a reflex action, the moment Mirai said “ouch” he immediately grabbed her hand then it. He was too nervous that his hands were literally shaking. His felt like everything was unexplainable, her cut finger felt so right for him but at the same time he was feeling guilty.

 

All that feeling was cut when Masuda asked them what they were doing, both of them acted as if what happened earlier wasn’t a big deal, when in reality it was.

 

After they practiced, Ryosuke decided to go home. His heart still couldn’t recover from all that happened at the Hongo’s residence. From Mirai’s skirt to her thighs until the of the fingers, all of that felt like a slap to his statement “I’m a gay” when all he felt back then was totally a ‘guy-like’ feeling. For the first time in his life, he felt as if he was really a guy.

 

“Chill Ryosuke, she’s your bestfriend and this shouldn’t be happening. She likes a girl remember?” he mumbled with his palms on his forehead.

 

“The girl you like is Mi-chan?” Saki asked

 

Ryosuke panicked, he forgot, his Saki nee-chan was at home. Usually, during Saturdays, he’s alone since his sisters (Riisa, Aya, Ayame) are working.

 

“Judging from your reaction she is” she said then smiled “was that suppose to be a secret?” she asked

 

Ryosuke sighed, good thing Saki was ‘normal’ with this things. She doesn’t flail or anything, she just reacted as if it was nothing, well, not entirely nothing since Ryosuke could see the huge grin that her face shown.

 

“That was suppose be a secret” he said then blushed

 

“Listen, I don’t know how close you are from Mirai. But I think you look good together” she said “She acts as she’s a man and you’re a total opposite of her. Both of you are a perfect match. You guys are like poles of a magnet, her as the negative pole and you’re the positive pole” she added

 

Ryosuke was happy, of all his sisters; it was Saki who understood him the most. That’s why he was the one who was heartbroken the most when Saki left the Suzuki household.

 

He then remembered what he heard last night, he felt guilty for eavesdropping about such a serious issue.

 

“Nee-chan, last night, I’m sorry” he said then bowed

 

“About what?” Saki asked

 

“You we’re having a talk with whosoever it was, I heard about something, like me and my baby. Nee-chan are you having a baby?”

 

 

Saki then smiled “I am” she said “but you should keep this as a secret okay?” she added. Then Ryosuke nodded, “Congratulations Onee-chan!” he said the hugged Saki tighly.

 

Author's Note: Sorry for such a short update, thank you for all who commented~ specially Xsalvia, Wallflower, greyani, Themissberry.. I appreciate all of your effort for commenting.. ;) (I hope you keep on doing it)