Chapter 4

Switched

Ayame woke up early in the morning to cook food. She checked her phone, it was still 5:17 in the morning. She saw that she had 1 mail so she opened it.

 

From: Hongo Taisuke

Subject: G O O D M O R N I N G ! ! !

Message:

 

Good Morning, my princess! I hope you will have a good day ahead of you!

 

I tasted the cake you baked last time, as expected of you, IT’S SUPER DUPER DELICIOUS!

 

 

----End Message----

 

She smiled, for almost three years Taisuke kept on giving her mails saying ‘Good Morning’ and ‘Good Night’. It was a part of her routine to read his mails. For her, it served as an energizer to start her day. Though she didn’t respond to his confession, she admits that Taisuke brightens up her day, of course, the guy doesn’t know that.

 

She stood up then went to the bathroom to wash her face then headed to the kitchen to start cooking. She was surprised to see that the kitchen lights were on. Slowly, she walked towards the kitchen, scared of who was in their kichen. She then saw a pair of pink bunny slippers, looking up, she saw a familiar pink Lolita dress, suddenly it came to her mind, “Ryo-chan?” she said

 

“Oh! Nee-chan ohayou!” Ryosuke replied then smiled brightly. He was wearing a pink Lolita dress that fitted perfectly in him, and then wore a strawberry printed apron, matched with a pair of bunny slippers.

 

“What’s with that get up?” she asked. It was not a strange thing for her to see Ryosuke dressing up as a girl, but him crossdressing this early in the morning was too strange for her.

 

“Ah if you’re wondering why, I just thought it would fit perfectly, me dressing up like this while cooking; Mi-chan and I are the representative for the upcoming Cooking Contest in our school. I’m practicing.” He replied

 

“I see, want me to help you” Ayame offered

 

“Thanks Nee-chan but I want to win this contest using my own ability” Re rejected Ayame’s help

 

“Well, if you say so” she said “What are you going to make?” she asked

 

“We’ll decide about that later, I’m still practicing about various kinds of cuts” he replied

 

“Ah, I see, just ask me if ever you need help. I’m always here” she said then winked “Wanna help me?” she added

 

“Sure!” he replied then smiled

 

“You’re just too cute~” his sister replied then pinched his cheeks. They then proceeded to cooking and they had fun.

 

After cooking, Ryosuke went to shower since he still has a class to attend to. He had his breakfast then went to Mirai’s house since they will go to school together. Today was quite a strange day for him, usually, Mirai will be too early for the class but today, she was kinda late. When Mirai came out, she was still energetic but her energy level ranked down.

 

“Mi-chan, are you sick?” he asked since he noticed that Mirai’s cheeks we’re flushed

 

“No! I’m fine. Why did you ask?” she asked

 

“Oh, you’re not as energetic as before” he replied

 

“Really? I feel fine though” she answered

 

When they entered their classroom and went to their seat, Mirai immediately sank her face to her desk. She lied to Ryosuke, she was not feeling well because she had a headache.

 

Ryosuke was worried, he looked closely into Mirai; his face was about 4 inches away from Mirai’s face. “There must be something about her today” he thought, and then Mirai faced Ryosuke’s direction only to catch him staring at her. Her heartbeat once again raced. She could not explain this phenomenon that is happening. “Did Ryo-chan become manly or did she just go crazy?” she thought. Man she was in a great dilemma, for some reason, Ryosuke kept on appearing in her dreams recently. Just like last night, since Ryosuke hugged her, somehow it got connected with her dreams.

 

She dreamed that Ryosuke became a man, he was not gay anymore and he was professing his love towards her. Unfortunately, she didn’t know what happened next since Taisuke woke her up.

 

Mirai was just staring at him blankly. She was spacing out and was out on her own world. She just went out of her daze when she heard Ryosuke’s voice.

 

“Mi-chan?” Ryosuke asked

 

“Oh! Ryo-chan! What’s up?” she asked

 

“You’re not like your usual self Mi-chan, should we cancel our practice?” he asked.

 

“I’m perfectly fine, don’t worry. I want to learn to cook too” she replied

 

 

On the otherhand, Aya was on the mall, choosing carefully from hanger to hanger a good dress for a date since it’s her and her boyfriend’s anniversary today. She was looking forward for their first anniversary, she didn’t love the guy that much, but she was used to him being with her. She looked up to see if the red dress would look good when she saw a familiar face.

 

“Kazuya?” she mumbled. She was right, she saw Kazuya.

 

She then walked towards him and asked “Yo! Kazuya? What are you doing here?”

 

“I’m choosing a dress for my sister Mirai. I saw her closet today, I could see no dresses and skirts. Since she’s a girl, she should have at least one right?” he replied

 

“That’s good! At least you realized how important a dress is” she said “should I help with that?” she added

 

After choosing a dress for Mirai, they went out of the boutique. She saw a familiar guy, wearing a familiar neon cap that was worn backwards, and familiar skinny jeans, hands intertwined with a girl wearing a micro-miniskirt (since it was too short) and a tank top. Her face was burning with anger, it was her boyfriend.

 

“How dare this neon-capped, lizard faced, two-time me on our first anniversary” she said in a calm way, hiding her super enraged mind.

 

“Your boyfriend?” Kazuya asked, he knew his question was pretty dumb but he had no choice but to ask her.

 

“Yep, it’s our anniversary today” she replied, still in a calm manner but this time she was kinda disturbed.

 

“I can fix that for you” he replied then smiled to assure Aya that he has a good plan

 

“How?” she asked

 

“Come on” Kazuya said. He held Aya’s hand and walked towards the direction where Aya’s boyfriend and his girl was standing.

 

“Trust me with this” he whispered, For some reason, she trusted him. Yes, they were neighbors, but they were not close. In fact today was the first time they had a proper conversation.

 

As they went closer to Aya’s boyfriend, Kazuya whispered again “Just go with me okay?” then she nodded.

 

“Aya-chan, Where should we eat?” he asked with his and Aya’s hand still entertwined and was swaying forth and back. Aya’s boyfriend probably heard Kazuya’s voice so he looked up. His eyes widened and said “A-aa-Aya?” he asked. Aya didn’t know what to do and what to reply. Honestly saying, she wanted to slap the guy, for two-timing her with someone who wears micro-miniskirt. For her it was an insult.

 

Kazuya knew that Aya didn’t know what to do, so he said “Aya-chan? Your workmate?” he asked. That moment, she knew what Kazuya was plotting. She was not slow.

 

“No, I don’t know him sweetie” she said. Her heart opposed to what she said, she loved him, but her pride could not afford to cry right that very moment when actually, she wanted to cry.

 

“Oi! What do you mean sweetie?” Aya’s boyfriend said “Oi! YOU! Why are you dating with my girlfriend?” he added, pointing at Kazuya, while the girl that was with him showed a confused look. Obviously, didn’t have a single idea what was going on.

 

“Me? Dude, are you blind or something? I have a girlfriend” Kazuya said raising his hand that was intertwined with Aya’s hand “I have the perfect girl with me right now” he added.

 

“Let’s go sweetie. I want to buy a shake” Aya said with great sophistication that was perfect for hiding her real feelings. They then went away.

 

After hours of classes, it was already time for them to have their lunch. But Ryosuke and Mirai still have a practice. Ryosuke wanted to cancel it because Mirai was not feeling well. Though she keeps on denying it, he knew that she’s sick.

 

“Mi-chan, we should head home” he asked but Mirai would refuse to go home. Ryosuke had his palms was on Mirai’s forehead, “Mi-chan you’re burning up!” he exclaimed “We should go to the clinic and have you rest there” he said. Just when he’s about to walk towards the clinic, Mirai collapsed. Ryosuke’s panic level boosted up, he caught her with his strong hands and brought her to the clinic.

 

 He gently put her on the bed and put a wet towel on his forehead to help her cool down. He didn’t mind the lunch break or such; he didn’t have the appetite to eat. “She was a little bit drenched with the rain yesterday, that might have be the cause of her fever” he thought. Without doing anything, he fell asleep.