Chapter 9

Switched

As Ryosuke and Mirai came closer to Mirai’s house, the loud noise more like music became louder each time they take a step towards Mirai’s house.

 

“I wonder what’s going on?” calmed down Mirai asked

 

“I don’t know” Ryosuke replied

 

Mirai knocked but none of her brothers answered. They probably didn’t hear the knocks because of the loud music that was being played. She twisted the door knob and found out the door wasn’t locked. When she opened the door she was surprised by the scene in front of her.

 

She saw that Ryosuke’s sisters, well, except for Saki since she had an urgent business (she needs to deal with the baby’s father). Ryosuke who was at Mirai’s back was surprised too.

 

Let me explain to you what Ryosuke and Mirai saw. As soon as they opened the door, Riisa was wearing a party hat singing together with Masuda though she had no microphone with her. Food wrappers everywhere while Masuda was singing without minding the mess around him. Kazuya on the other hand, was talking with Aya who seemed to be slowly recovering from her heartbreak, while Taisuke was trying so hard to impress Ayame.

 

“Nee-chan?” he asked

 

“Ah! Mi-chan! Good Evening! I never expected your brothers would be this fun to hang out with” Aya said then waved at Mirai

 

“Ryo-chan, Mi-chan, join us!” Ayame said

 

“Can you at least explain to me what’s happening?”

 

“You see, Riisa was accepted on the job she applied” Kazuya said calmly

 

“I thought Riisa nee-chan had a job already” Mirai replied with a confused look

 

“You see, she was fired, the same reason she had when she was fired with her other jobs before” Ayame said without mentioning the reason why Riisa was fired.

 

“Ah, I see” Mirai and Ryosuke chorused. It was nothing new for them, Riisa was a good worker but the way she dresses was the SOLE reason why she gets fired from her job.

 

“I’ll go to my room” Mirai said then flashed a smile. A smile the Ryosuke knew, it was a forced smile. He then followed Mirai.

 

“Mi-chan, I’m here you know. You can talk with me” he said

 

Mirai looked behind her and smiled, “Ryo-chan, help me” she said tearfully as she opened her messy room

 

“What help do you need?” concerned Ryosuke asked

 

“My room” she said with fake tears and then laughed

 

“Sure” he said then entered Mirai’s room. When he got inside his eyes widen, for Pete’s sake her room was ten times messier then the last time he cleaned her room.

 

“Is this the reason why you had a fake smile earlier Mi-chan?” he asked while Mirai frozed. Ryosuke certainly knew her.

 

“Sort of” she said then had an awkward smile on her face.

 

“You should enjoy yourself with them” Ryosuke said

 

“I think it should be better if we clean it together” Mirai said “It’s a good way to forget what happened earlier” she added

 

Ryosuke then smiled then started to clean Mirai’s room. Both of them had fun, they never had that kind of enjoyment for a long time already.

 

After cleaning the room, it was time for Ryosuke and his sisters to go home already. Ryosuke waved his hand with a satisfied smile on his face as he went home.

 

As Ryosuke lay down on his bed, images from what happened earlier flashed in his mind. That was the moment he realized that what he did was something embarrassing. It was as if he was showing his affection towards his bestfriend. For him it was impossible for Mirai to return back his feelings he had for her. As what he knew, Mirai liked Umika. He just shook his head then went to sleep.

 

 

 

“Papa! Can we go to the groceries to buy strawberries?” a little girl,probably six years old asked

 

“Sure my little princess, let’s just wait for mama okay?” A guy who was wearing cargo jeans said then patted lightly the little girl’s head which the girl liked

 

“Un” she said “Let’s wait for mama” she added

 

After a few minutes, Mirai walked towards the girl and the guy, she was wearing a white skirl that flowed from her hips until below her knees matched with a light yellow shirt topped with a white cardigan. She kissed the guy’s cheeks and then bended down to kiss the little girl’s cheeks.

 

 “My Ryomi, were you behaving well with papa today?” she asked then Ryomi nodded then hugged Mirai tightly.

 

Mirai stood up then hugged the guy “Ryo-chan, I missed you so much” she said as she tightened her hug to him.

 

“RIIIIIING” someone was calling Ryosuke. He reached for his phone then answered “Hello?” sleepily

 

“Ryo-chan, are you still awake?” Mirai said. Ryosuke’s eyes widen, his heart was out of control, just a moment ago, he and Mirai was hugging with a girl named Ryomi.

 

“A---a----ah, Yes” he replied

 

“Can I ask you something?” Mirai asked

 

“Sure, what is it?” Ryosuke asked but no one responded.

 

“Hello?” he asked again, but a snore answered him. He smiled then hung up.

 

 

“Was it just a dream?” Ryosuke asked as he was remembering what he had been dreaming earlier. Then went back to sleep.

 

Author's Note: Sorry for the LATE AND SUPER SHORT UPDATE, I got busy with my Mathematics subject. You see, I'M DESPERATE TO PASS THIS SUBJECT. I can't afford to fail this again anymore! I hope this chapter won't bore you. -_-