Consequences of one's decisions

Want You Safe

 

"You won't talk to me. You won't let  me in. You keep pushing the subject away, you're pushing me away........and its making me sad. Seeing you like this.... you're broken and I want to fix you but I wouldn't be able to do that, if you won't tell me what's wrong." Dre bit her lips and removed Zelo's hold, gently, facing him. "I...I had a..bad dream..." "A nightmare?" She nodded. "What happened?"

"I...I was in a dark room....and I saw y-you covered in b-blood." She answered as tears started to form in her eyes.

"You were cold and shivering. I..I tried to come near you but....but  I was chained by the pole. He....he was aiming the gun at me....but you kept on stopping him." She continued, tears starting to fall.

"Y-you wouldn't let them hurt m-me.... y-you were always in the way.... so he told his men to stop you. They started punching and kicking you and you couldn't even defend yourself. You were outnumbered." Zelo pulled her into a hug.

"Y-you started to breathe unevenly....you were in pain but.... but you....you still smiled. You told me that..that everything would be fine." She said as she continued to wail.

"H-he laughed when h-he heard that.... he mocked you and pointed the gun at you. I begged him to stop b-but.... but..." She couldn't continue. Her tears were now streaming down her face. She was bawling.

"Shh... it was just a dream. You should really stop watching those war movies with Yongguk hyung." He said rubbing her back. "But y-you died! You freaking died! You died!! Dream or not!! You still died!!" She retorted, tears still falling.

"That wouldn't even happen if... if.. it wasn't for me! It's all my fault." She exclaimed.

"Dré... it was just a dream.... a very, very bad dream, but nonetheless, it was just a dream, it is not real. I'm alive and still kicking. It won't happen, so stop blaming yourself. You didn't do anything bad." He said trying to lighten up the mood.

"B-but" "Look, nothing bad would happen, so stop crying would you? You've cried so much already.... and honestly, you don't look really that great. You look so freaking bloated." He said flatly. She smiled at his remark.

"Ah...there it is. You've finally smiled. I thought you were gonna be grouchy all day." He sighed in relief. "Thank God." He continued. "I'm so happy, I could cry." He said faking tears. She laughed and said, "You're such a drama queen." "But I'm glad you stop crying. With all these waterworks, I've missed you smile." Zelo said, hugging her.

"Z-z-Zelo I can't b-breathe." "Then you'd die by my hug, cause I won't let go. You've been hugging me for half a day already, it's only fair that I also do so." He said sassily. Dré rolled her eyes. *ring~ ring~* "Zelo.... Zelo your phone is ringing....Zelo?" "I know." " Answer it already." "It's upstairs." "Answer it." "I'm not letting you go." He said stubbornly.

Since Zelo was being stubborn, Dré was forced to go with him. They climbed up stairs. Dré practically dragged, the clingy, Zelo upstairs. He answered his phone, pulling her down to sit on his lap. "Yoboseyo? Ah hyung.." "Hi, Zelo have you seen Dré? I've been calling her all day, but she won't pick up." "She's actually here at my house." He answered looking at Dré. "Jinja!? Can I talk to her then?" Zelo gave her the phone, mouthing the words ' it's for you'.

 

Dré took the phone and was going to stand up when she was pulled back by Zelo, the hugging monster. She glared at him but payed her no attention. Defeated, she answered the phone on his lap. "Yoboseyo?"

"Yah! Andrea Kim! Don't you know how worried we were!" Youngjae shouted, seething in anger.

"Waeyo?" She asked completely oblivious.

"Your partner came to your house, called you for like a thousand times, which FYI you never bothered picking up! And for half a day, you were FREAKING MISSING! Causing all this commotion in our house! You don't know how worried all the guys are." He bantered. Dré forced herself not to hung up on the guy that was  shouting at her.

"Yah! You better not be thinking of hanging up on me, Dré,  not when I'm this pissed. You know the situation now, he is on the loose.... and we don't want you to get hurt.... " She bit her lips. "Mianhe.... for making you worry, oppa. Mianhe."  She said waiting for the other to reply. "Well, you should be. Yongguk and Himchan hyung were ready to turn the neighborhood upside down to search for you. You need to come by and explain yourself,  ara?" She nodded. "Arasso, I will." "Good. Oh, Jimin wants to talk to you."

"Dré, don't ever scare me like that again." She laughed and apologized. She heard him sigh and remained silent.

"Jimin-ah...." 'Jimin? Whose Jimin?' Zelo thought resting his cheek on her back.

"I got a lead Dré. I found out who those guys are an-" "I'm on my way." She hung up and blew a raspberry.

Zelo eyed her. "Everything okay?" "Neh, everything's fine...I just need to go to work." She stand up and started walking away butwas pulled back by Zelo. "What do you mean work?! It's Sunday! There's no work during Sundays. And whose Jimin? Is Jimin a she or a he? And why did hyung called you? Dré answer me." "Ughhh.... so many questions. Okay, first I work for the government, specifically in the civil service, and in my line of work, I don't have day-off's. Second, Jimin is my partner and he is a guy. Lastly, Oppa called cause they got worried cause my partner told them that I was missing, cause I was not at my house."

"And how does he know your not there?" He asked obviously pissed. "He dropped by my house I guess... I did ask him to report to me when he got some info about our  client." She answered him half-heartedly. "He dropped by your house!?!" He yelled. "And how often does your partner drop by?" He asked anger evident in his voice. "Only when he has new info." she defended.

"Why are you asking so many questions anyway?" She asked getting irritated. "Cause you barely answer them. You always avoid them, Dré. You don't know how much you make me  worry everyday when you  go  to work. I don't even know what you do! You always keep me hanging." He said grumpily. She sighed. She could never be angry at him, especially when he was just worried about her. "Mianhe.... if it makes you feel better... I'll tell you that I don't do anything illegal."

Zelo gave her a look."Was that suppose to cheer me up!? Now you'd make me think like you're in a gang or something." 'Well, somewhat close.' She thought. "You're not on drugs, right?" "Of course not!  I told you I don't do anything illegal." "Just making sure."

"Zelo let go off me already. I really need to go~" she said trying to pry her arm free. "No, I'm not gonna let you leave, just like that. After all I've been through... oh no... young lady .. you're gonna make up for this." Zelo demanded. "Fine. What do you want?" She asked irritated. " Dinner.  You're treat. Somewhere fancy and you have to wear a dress." "Dress!?! Ughh....can't it be something else? Oh, I don't know drink water from the toilet bowl or something. Anything but a dress." She pleaded. "No." He said sternly. "Fine.  I'll see you tonight." He smiled. "Dré... be careful, alright." He said worriedly before  she let  her enter her car. "I will. Don't worry about me so much. I can take care of myself. See you later then. Bye." She said waving goodbye.
 

Dré sped off, and went to her Oppa's  house. "Well, it's about time." Himchan said as he saw a car parked by, Dré's car. Dré went out of her car, getting herself  ready for the ultimate lecture Himchan would give to her. She entered the door and  saw three angry looking guys sitting in the living room. "You have a lot of explaining  to do." Daehyun stated.

Dré sat on the couch, across them. "Why were you even at Zelo's so early in the morning?!? Don't you know how scared we were?!" Yongguk lectured. Dré looked down, really guilty for making them worry. "Why were you even there?" Himchan asked. "I had a bad dream about him " They tensed, no one liked talking about him . ".....it wasn't pretty.... Zelo.. was there... he was hurting Zelo...no....he killed Zelo. I got worried that he might  be hurt, so I went there to check up on him. I was really in a rush that I forgot my phone that's why I wasn't picking up. Mianhe... but you know when it comes to Zelo, I always get really worked up. I don't like it when he gets hurt. In fact, I don't like it when any of you guys get hurt. You're family and.... I justwant everyone to be safe." She answered. Her oppas softened. Dré only wanted to protect what she have. "Arasso, you're forgiven... but next time take your phone with you." Himchan said sitting beside her. "Don't ever make us worry like that ever again." Yongguk stated ruffling her hair. "I won't. I promise." She said giving them her sincerest smile.

 

"Okay, so these are the guys were looking for. First, we have Bae Jonghyun. The other one is Kai. Both have had criminal cases but was never sent to prison. Both had been filed with smuggling cases  but have not been proven guilty. Kai was known to have turned his back from this kind of work, so I don't really understand why he was on the video." Jimin confessed.

"When can we meet this guys?" She asked looking at their photos. "Well, my sources said that a cargo ship will be coming tonight and Jonghyun will be coming." He answered. "Ok, we need to plan this carefully.... wait did you say TONIGHT?!" She yelled. He nodded.

"I can't tonight I have somewhere to go." "And where are you going that is more important than finding a lead to Jaewook?!?" He hollered. "Zelo." She answered. His shoulders deflated. "Dré we need you to focus here. And whatever you promised with him, cancel it. I need you there, I can't do it alone." "B-but" "No more buts. Either  go with me or kiss Zelo's and everyone's safety goodbye." Jimin demanded.

It was already 7 pm, and Zelo was waiting for Dré at the restaurant, wearing his sleek black suit, looking ever so handsome. "Where is she?" He said looking at his watch. Seconds turned into minutes, and minutes turned into hours. The waiter kept coming to Zelo asking if he could take his order but he kept dismissing him, telling him that he is waiting for his date. The waiter gave him a look, pity. Zelo has been waiting for a long time already. three hours to be exact. He texted and even called her a bunch of times but she never answered back. Zelo sighed. 'I can't believe she blew me off.' he thought. "Sir, were sorry but the restaurant is about to close... and w-" It's fine. I'll go now. I'm sorry for the trouble." he answered. "No, Sir, were sorry that that girl didn't realize how lucky she is to have you." Zelo half-heartedly smiled. "I know." he said leaving the restaurant.

............................................................................

Dré and Jimin together with their team silently surrounded the docks, watching the enemy's every move. Like what Jimin had said there were armed men waiting at the docks. The shipment came, and so did Jonghyun. Everything was going on as planned, to arrest Jonghyun for smuggling goods inconspicuously.... well, that was until Dré's phone rang. 'Zelo...' she cursed. "Who's there?" Jonghyun asked. "Hi.... I was just passing by..." She said waving. "...and was just leaving.." she continued.  "Get her!!" Jonghyun yelled.

Bullets came flying by. Dré took cover, taking her gun and started firing. The place was in war. Blood spilling everywhere. Dré shot man after man, til Jonghyun was the only one left. "You won't get away with this, you know?" he snarled as he dropped his gun, surrounded by guns pointing at him. "Well, I guess for now we will, now wouldn't we?" She teased. "Take him." Jimin said to his team. "Finally! Were done. I really need to go!" she stated. "Dré, it's already ten in the evening I doubt he'd still be there." Jimin stated. "WHAT!?!? IT'S ALREADY 10!!! OOOOOHHH... I'M SO DEAD!" She panicked. "I need to go! See you on Tuesday!" She said running to her car. "Tuesday?!?! Yah Dré!" Jimin yelled, as he watched her speed off.

 

"Come on, pick up, pick up." She cursed, hitting the steering wheel. It was already her tenth call this hour. Zelo was not picking up, it just went to voicemail. "He is so angry.... ughh it's all their fault, if only that shipment came earlier, then none of this would happen. I'M DOOMED!" She said to herself, probably looking like a lunatic, screaming in her car. She tried calling him again. It rang. And rang. And rang and.... he picked up. He finally picked up. "What do you want." he said pissed. "ZELO I AM SO SO SO SOOORRRY....I DIDN'T NOTICE THE TIME. I DIDN'T THINK IT WOULD TAKE THAT LONG.." She explained practically screaming, parking her car, not risking to get into an accident. "You didn't even call. You could have warned me, you know, so that I wouldn't have look like a fool in the restaurant waiting for a girl who would never come." he said calmly that send chills to Dré, he only speaks like that when he is beyond pissed. "Mianhe, Zelo I did-" "Yeah, I know, you didn't mean to. Just like the way you didn't mean to keep your work from me or for me to wait for you til the restaurant closed." "Zelo, I'm sorry." 

"Sorry? SORRY?!? IF YOU'RE REALLY SORRY YOU WOULD HAVE PICKED UP WHEN I CALLED! YOU WOULD HAVE REPLIED MY TEXTS! YOU WOULD HAVE COME LIKE YOU PROMISED!" He shouted. "Z-Zelo..." she said crying, Zelo was never this mean to her, NEVER. "No, Dré I'm sick of hearing all your excuses. No more. I'm done. This time you would have to do more than just say sorry. Bye." And with that he hung up. Leaving the girl in the other line, cry her eyes out in her car.