Escaped

Want You Safe

Chapter 3

Two figures were soundly sleeping together, both in each other's arms on the comfy bed. Slowly, the sun's rays enter the room, benevolently lighting it up. Zelo's eyes slowly open, slightly irritated by the sunlight, but all of that irritation went away when he saw the person in his arms, Dré.

Last night was a blur, he doesn't remember how he got there but was glad he was, to see her that close, to feel her warmth, was enough to make his day. He loved how calm and innocent she looked. A complete opposite of what transpired last night. He lightly chuckled as he recalled how much trouble she had cause for him. He lightly her hair as he gently gazed at her face, unconsciously memorizing the features that he loved the most from her long lashes to the pout that forms on her lips when she sleeps. She was just adorable. Zelo smiled as she nuzzled closer to him and in response, he hugged her tighter. The moment couldn't have been more perfect. He had the girl of her dreams in her arms, nothing could ruin this mo-…

*beep *beep *beep *beep

Dré started stirring from her sleep but chose to ignore the annoying sounds of her phone by snuggling to him even closer, which Zelo finds amusing. But that didn’t stopped her phone from ringing.
And so with a groan she reached out for her phone on the bedside table and forced herself to get out of Zelo's protective hold. "Hello??" She answered hoarsely. "Did I wake you?" The person on the other line answered. She didn’t answer hoping he’d get the hint. "Sorry.....but it's really important." He stated. "...hmmhm...okay...What is it?" She asked rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. "Jaewook escaped." He answered. "What!? When?! How!?" She yelled, startling Zelo. "We don't know the details yet that's why the chief want us to investigate." He answered. "Okay....okay...I'll be there in twenty....hmm...okay..bye." she said ending the call. Dré ran her fingers through her hair totally frustrated. "Everything all right?" Zelo asked. She sheepishly smiled and said, "Problems at work." She stood up, extended her arm and said, "Come, let's get breakfast." Zelo stood up not really wanting to piss her off now, since she just woke up. You know what they say, you can mess with a drunkard all you want, but not to a person who just woke up for , WILL happen.

After both of them took a shower, they drove thru Mcdo and ordered themselves some breakfast. "Hey, Dré....can I ask you a question?" He asked biting on his burger. "Sure" she said casually, not taking her eyes of the road. "What's your job?" He asked again. Dré flinched. She wasn't really open about that topic, heck, she barely talked about it. "... I told you right? I worked for the government." She answered gripping on the steering wheel, scared that he might notice that she was hiding something. "...well, yeah, I know...but what kind of job do you do?" He continued to ask, sipping on his drink. "I'm in the Civil Service." she answered. "You still haven't answered my question Dré…" he said suspiciously eyeing her.

"I give service to civilians. What's not to get?" She answered. "Like what do y--" "Oh! Were here!!" She interrupted. "Dré!?!" "Sorry Zelo, but I really need to go. I'll answer your question some other time, okay?" She said practically pushing him out of the car. Zelo sighed in defeat. She smiled, knowing that he dropped the topic and waved goodbye. "Bye Jello~" she cooed. He smiled and did the same.

Dré drove to where her partner was. "Finally! You're here." Said the guy in white beater.  "Sorry, I had to send Zelo home first." She answered. "So what info did you get?" She asked. "Actually, they're just about to give me the video from the CCTV camera." He answered. She pursed her lips into a thin line. "When did you get here, exactly?" She asked. "About half an hour ago." He answered. "Jimin, you've been here for thirty minutes and you haven't been able to watch it yet!? Yah! What were you doing!?! Flirting with the jail wards?!" She hollered. Jimin glared at her. "Dré all the wards here are guys, I'm no gay!" He said flabbergasted. She chuckled and said, "Let's go see that vid."

They headed to the security department of the building, where they were entertained by Taehyung. On the video, a man was caught sneaking in. "Who is that?" Dré asked. Before Jimin could answer, the video went berserk. It got all static. "What's going on?" Jimin asked. "Somebody messed with the wirings...let me just fix it... there." Taehyung stated. The video came back and another man was caught, suspiciously walking away. ", are there no more footage?" Dré asked. Taehyung stayed silent. "So, our only leads are those two... I want you to know everything about them." Dré stated while Jimin nodded. They thanked Taehyung and went to check on the jail, where Jaewook was held. Investigators and other field agents surrounded the perimeter, taking pictures of the crime scene. "Did you find any clues here?" She asked, scanning the room. "None so far." He admitted. "Keep searching and inform me when you do." She told the rest of her team. Dré grimaced, she's not really impressed with their progress. The whole team of investigators searched high and low for clues, for anything that would give them any idea what to do next, but surprisingly there was none. NONE, at all. The room was clean there was no sign of him escaping at all. It was clear to them that Jaewook had escaped with a help from a friend, the only question was, who?

Dré went home, feeling restless. She didn't like the fact that they had no other leads other than the ones in the video, until Jimin could find out who they were, the whole operation is on standby. She knew very well who Jaewook was. He was a ruthless man who have been involved in murder, drugs and even smuggling of goods. Knowing a guy like that is walking freely at the streets of Seoul made her cringed. She wanted him to be found.....ASAP.