Chapter one

Do you like someone?

Okay, so a real cute reader told me to continue this story, so I got happy and decided to do it as fast as possible! I'm still very insecure about how much I grasped their personalities, which is close to zero, but please tell me what I can do to make the story better ^^ I appreciate it. And I'm not used to write fanfictions, so please don't be too disappointed if the plot turns out to be too much of simple crap. So thank you Jinyoungie- for the support!

 


 

 

            Jinyoung only stopped at the floor above the one he was before —the one where he left Baro. He was slightly breathless as he leaned against a wall. His right hand raised to his burning face partly covering it, memories splashing through him and making his heart race yet again. His knees felt weak and he slowly dropped to the ground.

            Why — why, oh God — did he think jumping at Baro to try and recover his phone was a good idea? Even more when there were so many things on the way. Like… furniture and shoes and air. And not to mention he tripped over all of them. And he ended up almost…

            The other hand joined in the job of hiding his red face. Did the blonde notice his fast and hard heart beatings? His blushing cheeks? Jinyoung probably looked like an idiot. He let out a small cry.

            "Hyung? What are  you doing? The classes finished half an hour ago. Hey, are you crying?"

            Jinyoung jumped in surprise and looked up. Gongchan was looking confused at him, quite worried, and widened his eyes.

            "You look really red!", he exclaimed. "Are you sick? C'mon, hyung, let's go to the infirmary."

            "No, no, I'm okay." Jinyoung weakly pulled his arm from the gentle grip, as the younger helped him up. "I'm seriously okay. Don't need to worry."

            Gongchan looked once at Jinyoung's eyes and sighed.

            "Okay, I'm not gonna force you to go there", he said. "But that's just because I know you're going to your room now and CNU hyung is there, so you won't die. I gotta go, hyung, need to take some papers to the teacher."

            "Right. Bye."

            "Bye."

            Gongchan looked once more to the other before nodding and walking away, waving once and turned the corridor. Jinyoung narrowed his eyes as soon as he disappeared at the corner. What do you mean Dongwoo was at the dorm at this time? He was never there before the afternoon classes.

            "Right…", he repeated prolonging the last letter.

 

...........................................

 

            He arrived at the dorm he shared with Dongwoo in ten minutes. He closed the door and turned and the first thing he saw was his roommate, standing not even a meter away from him. Dongwoo's arms were crossed against his chest and his expression was blank.

            "What?", Jinyoung asked after some seconds of silence.

            Dongwoo only walked further into the room, sat in his bed and looked to Jinyoung.

            "Sit", he said motioning with his head to the place next to him.

            Jinyoung swallowed nervously — Dongwoo looked like he just killed someone, it was terrifying — and did as he was told. He waited about two minutes for the other to say something, but the silence wasn't interrupted. He coughed.

            "So?"

            Immediately Dongwoo raised a folded paper.

            "What is that?", said Jinyoung after no explanation.

            "How did  your test turn like this? I know it's not a real test, but you didn't have to make it in a so half-assed way."

            "What…?"

            "Okay, I'll be more direct. How did Sunwoo's name manage to mix in the 'Plans for the future' question?"

            …

            What?

            "What?"

            Dongwoo shoved the paper on Jinyoung's face. He watched the younger's face slowly getting red and his mouth hanging open even wider.

            "You're lucky I was the one who corrected it", Dongwoo continued, ignoring the way Jinyoung looked at him and back at the paper. "Or else millions of questions would have raised. 'Captain of the archery team…'"

            "Okay, okay, I got it! I got it! Are you blaming me for being distracted?"

            "No. I'm blaming you for taking this overboard."

            "Taking what overboard?"

            "You know what I'm talking about."

            "What are you talking about?"

            "Your stupid crush."

            "I don't have a stupid crush."

            "Stupid or not, it's a crush and all this lovey-dovey-go-don't-go thing is annoying me."

            "I don't have a crush!"

            "Whatever. The point is…"

            "I DON'T HAVE A CRUSH!"

            "…you should confess", Dongwoo continued, ignoring the interruption.

            The blood, opposing to before, drained from Jinyoung's face. He stopped destroying the paper in his hands — it was one question (only one) where he had to relate the character's plans for the future to his owns, so why did it happen? How?! — and instead gripped the sheets on the bed.

            "No way." His voice shook a bit.

            "Weren't you saying just now you don't have a crush?"

            "I can't say it."

            "Why not?"

            "I just can't. How do you know, anyways?"

            "How wouldn't I know? Everyone knows. Except for the people who don't give themselves the trouble to even look. And Sunwoo. He's as dense as a wall."

            "What do you mean everyone knows?!"

            "You're not really subtle, ya know. You're the only one who keeps staring at him during the soccer matches even when he's not with the ball. You got all nervous that time a girl asked him out right in front of you that you looked like you were going to kill her. You're always scolding him for everything he does. You…"

            "How did you get 'liking him' from 'scolding him'?"

            "You can see the difference between real scolding and scolding-because-I-want-to-get-his-attention."

            "I don't want to get his attention."

            "Deny all you want, it's true. And this has been going on for really long, but that" he pointed at the paper in between Jinyoung's fingers "was the last drop. Now just go and tell him."

            An obviously fake laugh made its way out of Jinyoung's mouth and he got up.

            "No way", he said before another hysterical laugh. "You must be hallucinating if you think I'll ask him out. Not in a lifetime!"

            "See, you're even going crazy!", exclaimed a now exasperate Dongwoo, getting up as well. "Keeping it in like this isn't doing you any good. And not doing me any good either, since you just can't stop his name every single night and I haven't gotten a proper sleep for ages."

            "I don't moan his name", Jinyoung pouted with a slight blush.

            "Stop denying it, okay? It's getting tiring. Look, I have classes now, but this isn't over here. I'm serious about putting an end to this madness. And this includes locking you two in a room and waiting for you to make out. So" he raised his voice when Jinyoung started to protest yet again "I'll be going. See you later."

            Jinyoung watched as Dongwoo took his bag and quickly got out of the room. He took several minutes to move again, and when he did he threw himself on the bed behind him (which wasn't his by the way) and pressed his face against the pillow.

            I can't believe this is happening. No, no, no. He won't make me tell Baro anything. I rather die than tell. Actually I should choke myself right now.

            Jinyoung stayed in the same position for a long time, and he was still breathing by the end of it. Why am I still breathing? No! I'm sure Sandeul knows about this whole thing as well. He will try to make me confess. He won't win! I won't fall for anything he says!

            He whimpered when it clicked that, yes, he would fall. And yes, he would die of shame. And it would probably make Sandeul so, so happy. So happy he will never let me be happy again.

            Jinyoung was still lying in the same way when someone knocked at the door (after some screams, muffled by the pillow), ten minutes later. Maybe it was Gongchan, to see if he really got back there? Or maybe Sandeul, to talk about the same thing Dongwoo had? Most probably the second. Yeah. Jinyoung wondered why he was still friends with them.

            More knocks later and Jinyoung saw himself getting up to answer the door.

            "Look, Sandeul, I know what you want but…", he started saying as he opened the door, but his voice died when he looked up.

            "Huh, I'm not Sandeul."

            Jinyoung's throat dried at Baro's sheepish smile. His eyes briefly wandered through Baro's jeans, his dark shirt, the headphones on his neck and the cap on his head, and he inwardly cursed how weird his own face must be. Yes, he was good looking, but no one looks very good after half an hour of intense pillow-on-face therapy.

            He wanted to say something intelligent — after all, he was somewhat the leader of their "gang" — but instead what went past his lips was a:

            "What are you doing here?" With an extra voice crack at the end. How wonderful. Say again when puberty decided to come back? Oh, right, probably around the same time love decided to sit on his face with its big, fat .

            "Your phone", answered Baro raising said object. "You made all that fuss for it but in the end you stormed out without it. Here."

            Jinyoung took it hesitantly and put it in his back pocket.

            "And I'm sorry for before", Baro continued while scratching the back of his neck. "I guess I shouldn't have done that. I mean, it's not nice to steal people's phones."

            At that moment Jinyoung knew he should say "It's okay, don't worry. No one got hurt, right?" but instead he slammed the door shut. His cheeks felt really hot when the memory of the feeling of Baro's breath against his lips came back to life and he didn't want the other to see him like that. You can say it was an emergency protocol.

            His eyes widened when he noticed what he'd done. Slowly, with trembling hands, he opened the door again. Baro was still there, looking a bit embarrassed, with his hands in his pockets.

            "Sorry", Jinyoung managed to mutter before shutting the door again.

            His ear stayed pressed against the wood of the surface until Baro's footsteps faded, and then he allowed himself to relax. Thank Lord he's go…

            BLAM!

            "OUCH! What did you do that for?!"

            Jinyoung fell right on his , passing his fingers where the door hit his face.

            "Oh, sorry", Dongwoo apologized and helped him up. "I forgot my notebook here. What happened to Sunwoo, by the way? He looked a bit weird. Did he come here?"

            …I'll die if I tell him.

            "Yes! I mean, no. He didn't come here. You want your notebook, right? Here it is. Now go, go! You can't be late. Bye!"

            "What? But I think…"

            "You don't think anything, four-eyes. Out."          

            "But…"

            "Out!"

            Dongwoo blinked, confused, as the door shut behind him.

            "Did you get it, hyung?", Gongchan, who was waiting outside the door, asked. "What was Jinyoung hyung yelling for?"

            "I don't know, but I have a guess. Doesn't matter now. Let's go, or else we'll be dead late."