Chapter three

Do you like someone?

Hello! Hyunjun wasn't really gonna appear again, but he fit more the role than anyone else. I know this chapter isn't really funny, but it's hard for me to write amusing things just because I'm not a funny person ^^" I apologize for the many mistakes that I know are there. And thank you for reading~

 


 

 

                Jinyoung was so tired he felt as if he could faint right there. Like, hell, that class was just too boring. The heat that spread through the room the room didn't help. Why was so hot?! It wasn't even summer! And it was almost night already, for 's sake.

                The redhead groaned and started doodling on his blank sheet of paper. Luckily it's the last class of the day. And thank God I canceled today's training… I don't remember why I did that but whatever. He found himself looking at the clock every two seconds, anxiety growing in his stomach.

                "C'mon, c'mon, two more minutes…", he muttered to himself. "Go faster. Just a little faster…"

                He let out a relieved sigh when the bell ringed, signalizing the end of the classes. Immediately he started put his books inside his bag, but before he could close it a voice called him.

                "Jung Jinyoung?"

                He raised his head. A young woman wearing a skirt to the knees and a blazer was standing by the door, blocking the way to some students who were still inside. Jinyoung recognized her as one of the people that worked in the administrative office. What was her name again? Oh, well, doesn't really matter.

                "May I speak to you for a moment?", she asked, finally stepping inside.

                "Of course." What else would he say? 'No, you , get out of my face'?

                "There are some students who have interest in joining the archery club." Team, Jinyoung corrected in his mind. "I have a list of their names here and their schedules. You will need it, right?"

                "Hm? Oh, yes, I will. Thanks."

                She handed him some neatly folded papers and walked away without another word. Jinyoung found that quite rude, but didn't say anything about it. He unfolded the papers. Five people, huh? I hope they aren't a bunch of lazy jerks.

                Sighing, he stuffed them in the middle of some books inside his bag and swinged it on his shoulder. What should he do now? Of course he couldn't rest like he dreamt about the whole afternoon — no, someone just had to give him more work exactly when he didn't need it —, so where would he go?

                He needed to organize the training schedules according to the new members' free time. Damn newbies. He would make them pay if their shooting wasn't anywhere near perfect, oh he would.

                So he decided. Hyunjun, that is. No way he would have that headache alone. The vice captain has to have responsibilities too. Jinyoung made his way to Hyunjun's dorm, which (fortunately) wasn't too far from where he was. He almost walked past the door, but stopped right on time. He knocked.

                After five minutes knocking he started to punch the door. It was quite loud, so some people from the dorms around opened their doors to see if there was someone who wasn't supposed to be there, but when they recognized Jinyoung they simply rolled their eyes and went back inside.

                Jinyoung was almost giving up — ready to kick the door in anger — when someone tapped him on the shoulder. He turned. And he exclaimed:

                "Hyunjun, you idiot, where were you?"

                The other tall guy simply shrugged his shoulders.

                "Was in a party. Dongwoo hyung was there too, by the way."

                "What? Really? But why are you back so early then?"

                "In fifteen minutes everybody was already drunk as and some people caused some problems, ya know, started picking fights for no reason. So the owner of the room just kicked everyone out. It's the shortest party I've ever been to."

                Jinyoung huffed with a hint of amusement. He raised the newbies' files so the other could see.

                "And that is…?", asked Hyunjun with a rather exaggerate move of hands.

                "My job as a responsible for the team.  And of course you'll help me with this."

                "Yeah? What's that?"

                "Headache. C'mon, open this door and let's start work."

                "What the will we have to do?"

                "Oh, my…" Jinyoung wrinkled his nose. "Don't open your mouth so much, you reek of alcohol. Were you one of the drunks?"

                "Not really." A loud laugh and Jinyoung turned his head to the side, avoiding the beer breath. "I only get a bit tipsy with some cans."

                "Well, I don't care. Drunk or not, you'll help me."

                Hyunjun groaned, but even so opened the door and muttered a "come in" before stepping inside his room. Jinyoung followed, taking in the clothes scattered all over the ground and made a mental note to never let his dorm get to that point. Hyunjun motioned to a chair and Jinyoung sat.

                "So what is that?", asked Hyunjun, throwing himself on his bed. "No crap, just tell me."

                "You'll help me rearrange the training schedule according to these guys here."

                "Yeah, right, whatever. You can use that desk over there to write."

                Jinyoung nodded and both soon started to do the monotonous work. Actually it was more like Jinyoung did the work and Hyunjun complained that it was too complicated and boring. But boredom somehow made time pass fast, and soon it was almost midnight.

                Hyunjun was starting to blink, tired, as he looked at the printed paper on his hand. He scribbled some random lines with a pen before deciding to finally call it a night. He threw the objects to the side and walked to Jinyoung, who was still sitting in front of the desk.

                "Hey." He tapped the redhead's shoulder.

                No response.

                "Hey", he said louder, tapping again.

                Again, no response.

                Rolling his eyes he took a look at Jinyoung's face, only to see him in deep sleep, arms supporting his head. Hyunjun decided to not wake him up — Jinyoung was a heavy sleeper, and everyone knew that it took trumpets of heaven to drag him from his slumber.

                Instead, he raised Jinyoung from the chair and carefully (as carefully as his slightly drunken mind could manage) laid him on his own bed, taking hold of the covers to pull it up. But stopped himself.

                Jinyoung's shirt rode up a bit, revealing some of the milky skin of his stomach. Hyunjun stared for a moment, before a smirk made its way to his face and a dangerous glint appeared in his eyes. His hand left the covers to reach for the exposed flesh, his fingers curling against the skinny waist when he touched it.

                His smirk widened as he slowly guided his hand along the other's torso, tracing the hipbones and going up. Jinyoung did as much as move a bit to the side, sleeping like he'd never done that before as hungry hands explored his body. Hyunjun reached his chest and was about to touch the rosy s — which were hidden but he was sure looked delicious — when a sudden music got to his ears.

                He was a bit startled as he looked around. Jinyoung's phone was still on the desk, ringing happily. With an impatient grunt, Hyunjun backed up from the sleeping body and walked to the phone. On the screen it was written "Baro", right up the "incoming call" thing. Hyunjun's eyebrow twitched with annoyance.

                Hyunjun let the phone ring for some more seconds before denying the call and setting the object aside. He looked at Jinyoung and sighed tiredly, finally covering him up. But before he made his way to the other bed of the room (Hyunjun's roommate rarely spend the nights in there anyways), he let his nails scrape lightly on the redhead's neck.

                Resisting his urge to mark it, he (quite reluctantly) pulled away and lied down, not caring about the light he forgot to turn off and quickly slept as well.

 

...........................................

 

                Fox-like eyes slowly opened up, aching when they took the light in. The sight of the yellowish painted ceiling was still hazed, and they blinked. And again. And again. And… Wait, my ceiling isn't yellow.

                Jinyoung immediately sat up, but regretted his actions when his vision started rotating inside his head and he leaned his shoulder on the wall. He was still confused and sleepy, but the memories came back when a "good morning" came from his right.

                "Good morning", he greeted back with a yawn, without looking at Hyunjun.

                If he had raised his eyes, Jinyoung would've caught the same dangerous glint as the night before on the vice-captain's eyes, eyeing the undergarments he could see when the redhead sat. Jinyoung was too busy wiping his eyes to notice anything.

                "I'm so sorry…" Yawn "…to have stayed here without asking." He received an unintelligible mutter as an answer.

                Jinyoung swinged his legs out of the bed, about to get up, and then there was a knock at the door. Hyunjun went to answer it.

                "Dongwoo hyung, hello", he said, full of formalities which no one seemed to mind. "Do you need something?"

                "Hey", the glasses boy said with a smile. "Jinyoung's here, right?" He peeked inside the room. Jinyoung waved lazily and Dongwoo waved back. "I thought so, since he wasn't at Sunwoo's or Gongchan's."

                "Yeah, I'm here. What time is it, by the way?"

                "Almost eleven, I think."

                Jinyoung's eyes widened and he jumped from the bed.

                "What?! Oh, my God, I lost my morning classes!", he said while looking around for his bag.

                "Hey…", Dongwoo tried to say, but his quiet voice was ignore in the midst of Jinyoung's desperate exclamations of "I'm so screwed!" and "What am I gonna do?!" while pacing around.

                "Jin…", tried Dongwoo again. This time he was interrupted by Hyunjun, who lost his patience and yelled:

                "Shut up, it's Saturday!"

                The redhead stopped and finally looked to the two guys by the door. He smiled in relief.

                "Really? Oh, that's great. I was panicking for a second." He giggled. "But I think I'm gonna go, anyway. You probably want to punch me for staying over without asking, so I'll go before you really do it."

                He got his school bag and walked out of the bedroom.

                "I'm heading to the dorm." Jinyoung looked to Dongwoo. "Are you coming too?"

                "No, I'm going to meet with Sandeul in a few minutes to help him with his homework. I just came to check on you."

                Jinyoung nodded, bid goodbye to Hyunjun as well and started to walk. He was still sleepy and he might have accidentally stepped on some people's feet along the way, but it wasn't important. He was in the middle of yawning again when he bumped into someone.

                "Oh, I'm so… Baro?"

                Jinyoung immediately stiffed and a smile — more like a nervous attempt of a smile, but failing miserably… okay, a smile — appeared on his face. His hand tightened around the edge of his shirt.

                "Hi", he said with a slightly trembling voice and a dreamy (No, not dreamy, just sleepy.) expression. Wow, that was just… awkward. Way to go, idiot. "I… I… I'm sorry. I didn't… I mean, I wasn't paying attention."

                Baro didn't look amused with his stuttering. Actually, he didn't look amused at all. He had a heavy look on his face and his eyes barely turned to Jinyoung's face. No, it wasn't sadness, but Jinyoung couldn't put his finger on what it was.

                "It's okay", he grumbled before turning and walking away.

                Jinyoung could just stare, a bit shocked, as Baro's back disappeared on the corner of the building. He bit his lower lip, resisting the urge to cry — what? He was a man, despite everything (maybe not the bravest and most macho man, but still a man). He felt small and weak after Baro's cold tone. Maybe something happened? Or did I… did I do something wrong?

 

 


 

Yeah, Baro didn't appear much on this one '-' Sorry… I hope it wasn't too disappointing…? Haha