Chapter four

Do you like someone?

Hello again!! So, I'm not so sure about this chapter... I mean, it's a bit long and stuff and I think the end is quite rushed. Well, I'll try to edit it if I feel like i can do it >.< Thank you very much for reading!!!

 


 

 

                It was break. Finally.

                These days something was making the classes more boring than they should be. Like, it made Jinyoung rather throw himself out the window than stay one more minute inside that hell. He and all his classmates.

                He sighed heavily as he dropped himself on the bench next to Gongchan. The younger happily greeted Jinyoung before resuming his talk with Sandeul. The redhead just watched them and occasionally laughed along. But he wasn't actually listening to anything.

                He kept nervously looking around, fidgeting nonstop on his seat. His hands were continuously playing with whatever object in front of him without paying attention to what it was, twisting it between his fingers. Of course Gongchan and Sandeul noticed it. They looked at each other and made small signs to decide who was gonna start talking.

                Gongchan rolled his eyes at Sandeul's pout and reached to take a pointy fork off Jinyoung's hands, placing it aside. This got the redhead's attention.

                "Hyung, what's with you?", Gongchan asked. "You look scared of something. Did anything happen?"

                Jinyoung stared at him for a few seconds before giving a light smile and shaking his head.

                "Of course nothing happened. Why do you ask?"

                Before Gongchan could answer, a low voice reached Jinyoung's ears and he quickly whipped his head to look behind him. He sighed in relief when he realized the voice belonged to an unknown guy that was just walking by.

                "Huh, that's why I'm asking", said Gongchan while pointing at Jinyoung, who just blinked in response.

                "Let's be honest", Sandeul cut in making both heads turn to him "this is getting weird. Is it about Baro again?" Then he smiled widely. "Oh! Are you finally planning on confessing?"

                And then Jinyoung's expression fell. His shoulders tensed and he looked down at his lap.

                "Wha…? Hyung, what did you do?!", exclaimed Gongchan to Sandeul, who looked just as surprised as him.

                "I don't know! I didn't do anything!"

                "Of course you did! Look at him!"

                "It's not my fault!"

                At that moment Jinyoung chose to look behind his shoulder again, ignoring his friends' panicked shouts to each other. His heart seemed to stop for a second when he spotted a blonde head getting closer. In the blink of an eye he already slid off the bench and the other second he was nowhere to be seen.

                Sandeul and Gongchan were left there, confused, their small argument interrupted. They were about to ask about what the hell just happened when a voice greeted them from behind. Both turned at the same time.

                Baro was standing there, hands in his pockets. His eyes took a peek on the rest of the table, and then his whole face relaxed when no one else was in sight. Apparently Sandeul didn't notice it, but Gongchan certainly did. He scrunched his eyebrows slightly at the odd behavior, but didn't comment on it.

                "Hello", the youngest answered with a smile. Sandeul did the same.

                They were expecting Baro to sit down with them, but he just kept standing there. After some uncomfortable moments, Sandeul decided to break the silence.

                "Is something wrong? Aren't you gonna sit?"

                "Where is Jinyoung hyung?"

                Sandeul opened his mouth to answer ('he just disappeared, but you might wanna look for him'), when it suddenly clicked on Gongchan's head. He pinched Sandeul's arm before any word could slip his mouth — earning a squeal and a glare from the latter — and turned to Baro.

                "We haven't seen him around all day, hyung", he said innocently. "Do you need to talk to him? If we find him we can say you've been looking for him."

                Gongchan carefully watched Baro's reaction. The blonde's eyes lit up but at the same time he looked disappointed, then relieved, then worried, then back to his usual expression. The youngest quickly snapped back to his innocently-ignorant expression when the other's next words got to him.

                "No, no, don't need to. Thanks."

                "Oh, is that so? Okay then."

                "I'll get going. I promised the guys I would play soccer with them today." He made a face and Gongchan laughed. "See ya later."

                Gongchan nodded and waved to him. When he was out of sight, Sandeul angrily grabbed the younger's sleeve.

                "Why did you do that? It hurt!"

                "Aish, hyung, stop whining. Now I kinda get what's happening."

                Sandeul's scowl disappeared.

                "Yeah? So what's going on?"

                "Huh… okay, I still don't know for sure but I have an idea. Let's talk to CNU hyung later, he probably knows more than us."

                Sandeul muttered a 'yes, why not' before a head popped up from under a table about seven meters away.

                "Is he gone?", Jinyoung asked.

                "Yes", sighed Gongchan.

                Jinyoung crawled from his hiding place and shook off the dirt on his shirt, sitting again on the previous table. The subject of Jinyoung's unusual jumpiness wasn't touched again for the rest of the break, and the redhead was more than happy to comply with their lack of interest.

 

…                            …                            …

 

                Jinyoung spent the next three remaining class periods thinking. He almost told his friends about what was happening, but changed his mind in the last second. He did want to vent out about the enormous frustration in his life that was Cha Sunwoo, but he didn't want to make a drama out of it.

                It had been two weeks since Baro started ignoring him. The blonde kept cutting short any kind of conversation and kept giving him completely blank or moody looks. Jinyoung still had no idea of why the other was like this, but after giving it a time to see if it would go back to normal, he decided he was getting tired.

                I'll ask him today. Yeah, not like things could get worse. He dropped his head on his hands. He's already avoiding me. No big deal. But he knew that was a lie. Of course things could get worse, he just didn't want to believe that.

                As soon as the classes were over, Jinyoung hurried out of the door. Being the first to sprint out of the room, he had a relatively clean corridor in which he could run all he wanted to get to Baro's classroom — which luckily wasn't too far.

                He waited next to the classroom's door, eyes looking at each person that walked by to see if Baro was still inside. Some minutes after the wave of students stopped and no one else showed up, Jinyoung was about to give up and call it a failure when another person walked out.

                Jinyoung didn't waste time to grab a hold of Baro's shirt and pull to make him stop. The blonde almost fell, but got a hold of himself and looked up. His eyes immediately got cold and he took one step away.

                "What do you want?"

                "I want to speak to you for a moment", Jinyoung answered, his courage mustering up.

                "Can't. Busy."

                "It won't take long, really, just five minutes."

                "I already said I'm busy."

                Jinyoung's patience was starting to fly away.

                "And I already said it's gonna be quick. Jesus, Baro, stop being an ."

                A dry and short laugh escaped Baro.

                "As if you don't have anyone else to speak to. Whatever you want to say, you can say to Hyunjun, right?"

                "I… Wait, what?"

                Baro snorted, again not amused, and turned his back.

                "What does Hyunjun have to do with this?", Jinyoung asked a bit louder. "Hey, Baro!"

                "I have an assignment to do. It's important. I can't waste time here."

                For 's sake…

                "I don't care about your assignment! I just wanna know what's wrong!", Jinyoung shouted, grabbing Baro's arm. "Tell me!"

                "I DON'T WANT TO TALK TO YOU!"

                Jinyoung froze. His grip on the other's elbow weakened when their gazes locked, but only for a moment until Baro turned his head.

                "Just leave me alone. It's annoying."

                Baro shrugged the hand away and hurried to walk down the stairs, leaving a shocked Jinyoung behind. The latter bit his lower lip, trying to hold back a cry, but only managing to do so with the sobs — the tears started flowing freely across his cheeks.

                He could feel the cracks in his heart getting wider as his fingers clawed on his chest, with only the shirt stopping the skin from being damaged. A shaky breath left his lips and he regretted doing whatever he did to make Baro behave like that.

                "It's annoying." And it hurts…

 

…            …            …

 

                Dongwoo was lying on his bed, reading a book, when the door slowly opened and closed and silent steps made their way inside. He raised his head — quite uninterested, actually — to look at the intruder. His eyes widened when he saw the person coming in, immediately letting go of his book.

                "Jinyoung, what… Are you okay?"

                Jinyoung didn't answer. His eyes were red and he was shaking a little as he walked a few more steps. Dongwoo jumped up and helped his friend to his bed, sitting them both down.

                "Hey, what happened?", said Dongwoo, quietly as to not get any abrupt reactions.

                The redhead looked at him, his puffed fox-like eyes sparkling with more bitter tears.

                "I don't know…!"

                Jinyoung was sad. He wanted to scream. And he was desperately in need of a hug. So he did it.

                Dongwoo was startled when the younger suddenly encircled his arms around him — leaving him almost falling off the bed, his leg in an uncomfortable position, but like hell he would complain when it would only make things worse — and buried his face on his shirt.

                The next ten minutes were spent with Dongwoo awkwardly patting Jinyoung on the shoulder, not knowing what to say to calm him down. At this point there was a soaked stain of tears in his shirt, but he didn't care about it. He just kept silent.

                After some more sniffs, Jinyoung spilled out everything that happened the weeks before, his voice straining in several parts. Dongwoo was shocked to hear all that, but didn't comment. And then the redhead finally told him what happened earlier that day, and Dongwoo was even more shocked.

                "What the… but why would he say something like that?", he asked in an impulse.

                Jinyoung just shook his head, trembling, and his gaze dropped again. Dongwoo was about to say something else when suddenly there was a knock on the door.

                "Just a moment", he muttered.

                Jinyoung let go of the hug, his fingers wrapping around themselves in a weak imitation of a hug. He listened as Dongwoo opened the door, said something to the people outside and then walked back to where he was.

                "It's almost dinner time", Dongwoo said. "I'll bring you something to eat, okay? I'll be out for a bit of time, so just stay here and don't… don't do anything stupid."

                Dongwoo took the blanket that was neatly folded next to Jinyoung and put it around his friend.

                "I'll be right back."

                And like that, Dongwoo walked out of the door.

                Jinyoung stayed in that same position for some time before dropping his upper body on the bed. He was still feeling bad, but much better than before. It was like a big weight was lifted off his chest. He was feeling exhausted now, his body melting onto the warmth of the blanket. Closing my eyes for a minute or so won't hurt…

 

........................................

 

                The 'minute or so' turned into ten hours, as he noticed when he opened his eyes again and looked at his phone. But he didn't really want to get up. The bed was so warm…

                "Good morning."

                Jinyoung lazily raised his head. Dongwoo was putting his shoes on, apparently ready to go have breakfast. The redhead yawned a "good morning" and slowly sat up. He was about to jump off the bed when he remembered.

                "Today is Wednesday, right?" Dongwoo nodded. "No morning classes, then."

                And he allowed himself again to be a boneless piece of meat and fell on his pillow with a soft thud. But as soon as his head touched the mattress, he sat again and pushed the blankets aside.

                "Weren't you gonna sleep more?", asked Dongwoo.

                "Morning meeting, almost forgot." Another yawn. "We need to hand the new schedule to everyone. I don't like newbies, they always mess up whatever's already set. They better be good shooters."

                Jinyoung grabbed the first pants in sight, noticing with a cringe he slept in jeans.

                "We as in… you and Hyunjun?"

                Jinyoung turned his head to the older, raising his eyebrow at his hesitance and lack of the previous amusement.

                "Yeah. Why?", he answered.

                "No reason. Just curious. Wanna go eat together? I bet Sandeul's already at the refectory."

                "Not now. I'll go meet you guys later." Jinyoung looked suspicious — a sudden change of subject is never a good thing —, but decided not to ask any further.

                Dongwoo nodded again and walked out the room. The second the door closed, Jinyoung dropped the happily relaxed façade. Whoever said sleeping makes everything better was lying — his chest was still heavy. He took a deep breath and resumed changing clothes, passing his hand through his hair to settle it down before stepping out in the corridor.

                Actually all he wanted was to go have breakfast and drown his sadness with buttered pieces of bread (because who would actually be happy to walk around the whole school after the archery members at seven in the morning?), but being a captain has its responsibilities. It's at times like this that I regret ever applying to this position.

                He slided open the door that guided to the archery place, expecting to see a bored and moody Hyunjun drooling on the floor, but there was no one there. Confused, Jinyoung walked in further before deciding to go look in the lockers. He gave a half-hearted smile when he saw Hyunjun there, sitting on a wooden chair near the wall.

                "I was starting to think you were still sleeping in your room", Jinyoung joked as he walked closer.

                Hyunjun looked to the redhead

                "Your face is all swollen", he said absent-mindedly.

                "Yeah. Probably didn't sleep very well."

                "Don't worry, you still look ravishing."

                "Uh… What?"

                "I said you still look good."

                "Thanks…? I guess."

                'What's with the sudden voice one tone lower?', was what Jinyoung shrugged off his mind in order to focus on what he needed to do.

                "So, let's go?"

                Hyunjun directed his gaze to the papers in his hands.

                "I guess this can wait, can't it?", he said, throwing them to the side.     

                "Why? Do you need to do something else first?"

                Jinyoung took steps behind as the other got up and started to walk closer, getting unpleasant shivers from the weird look in his eyes. At that moment Hyunjun's height seemed like a very inconvenient thing from Jinyoung's view, because dude, it looked like a wall was growing in front of him.

              "What are you doing?", Jinyoung asked. He was starting to get scared because Hyunjun wouldn't stop getting closer.

                His answer was a hand on his shoulder and he was roughly pushed backwards. His head hit the tiled wall, making a numbing pain run all the way to his neck, but he was more worried about the shadow hovering over him than anything.

                Jinyoung finally looked to the other's face. His blood got cold when he noticed the hungry eyes looking back at him, slowly passing over each part of his body from head to toe. Hyunjun was getting closer and closer. He needed to run.

                As soon as the thought crossed his mind, a hand quickly put next to his head immediately crossed out any possibilities of easy escape. And the lips slammed on his own ruled out any escape.

                He was pressed against the wall, but not in a way he wanted to be — with sloppy kisses and declarations of love. No; at that exact moment Jinyoung was scared and he wanted to get away. A tongue was slipped in his mouth at the same time his hands flew to Hyunjun's shoulders, desperately trying to push him.

                Every nerve of his body trembled in apprehension at the none-too-gentle kiss that he didn't want to get. His eyes wandered to the door to see if he could, like, bite Hyunjun's tongue and run towards it. Then his mind completely froze. No, no, no…

                Baro.

                Disappointment. Anger. Shock (and something else he couldn't pinpoint). All was written on the blonde's face. And his loud footsteps, echoing as he ran and consequently fading into the distance, were enough to break Jinyoung off his daze of fear. Together with it now there was a boiling anger rising on the pit of his throat.

                He bit the tongue invading his mouth.

 

 


 

Oh, right! I've got a prevision of how many chapters there'll be. My plan for now is to make around... six or seven chapters? (Not counting with the prologue) So, yeah, you don't have to bear with me for too long hahaha