Chapter two

Do you like someone?

Some things before we start: first, there's a random OC here that just has a name because it'd be weird to write him as "person 1" (and he won't really appear more than in here, I just needed someone to write a scene). Two, I'm in my way on watching some reality shows with them so I can write more In Character situations, so for now they'll be a bit confusing as I'm doing what I can with what they say in magazine interviews (and my lame skills) ^^" Three, thanks A WHOLE BUNCH to the people who subscribed!! I squealed in happiness when I saw those notifications~ Thaaaanks!!!!!!

 


 

 

                A part of Jinyoung's brain already accepted 'stalk' long ago, but the other part — the stubborn one, which was noisy but really small — liked 'take care from afar' much better. It was the same part that led the whole denial thing and made his life a complete .

                But he could care less about all this as he mindlessly strummed his guitar, watching Baro play soccer with a bunch of irrelevant people. Jinyoung could say that these moments were the ones he liked the most: sitting on the grass, comfortably leaning against a tree, with his guitar in hands and his mind nowhere near study and school. And the fact that a happy and hardworking Baro often popped up in the soccer field near said tree made everything a hundred times better.

                Jinyoung liked to play random chords — whatever came to his head — as his fox-like eyes followed Baro. Lyrics that he never wrote anywhere fell into his lips as if begging to be pronounced, but their wish was never accomplished. Jinyoung was afraid to stick too much to them and forget the main goal of being there.

                Would it be too sad to say that I'm only here to convince myself that I still have some hope? Sometimes even Jinyoung himself forgot he and Baro were friends (good friends, nonetheless), that hung out with their maybe-small-not-so-small group every now and then to eat together or simply talk.

                He was glad by the huge plants that separated the place he was sitting from the field. He could see them, but they couldn't see him. It gave him an indescribable comfortable feeling — one that he would gladly part with Baro anytime.

                His fingers were halfway of changing positions when they suddenly stopped. For some reason Jinyoung felt his thoughts connecting to reality and his happy, personal heaven slipped away. He sighed and stood up, passing his free hand through his jeans to shake off the grass and put his guitar on the case.

                He hanged the case on his shoulder and was about to turn, when something white and round rolled right in front of him. He didn't have time to think when a shout came from the field:

                "It's okay! I'll go get it!"

                Jinyoung froze for a moment, but quickly kneeled behind a bush on the next second. Next thing he knew, a sweaty and panting Baro was making his way into the tress. A lump formed in his throat as the blond skillfully used his feet to throw the ball up in the air and catch it with his hands.

                The redhead put his hand on his chest, which reverberated crazily with his heartbeats. Maybe he elbowed the bush with the movement and made some noise, because Baro looked at the direction of the place he was, a confused expression writing its place on his face.

                Shaking his head, Baro ran back to the field. And Jinyoung couldn't to the same, as his legs were completely stuck in that kneeling position — in which he remained in, replaying the short minute in his head over and over, for the next two hours — until he remembered that he had archery training.

                And, oh, dear, was he late.

                He started running as fast as he could, bumping into some people here and there. It's okay, I can get there only with a five-minutes delay. I think I can…!

                His thoughts were cut short when someone grabbed him by the arm and hastily pulled him away from his path. Jinyoung almost fell on the ground, but the person helped him to recover his balance. He looked up. And then he wanted to cry.

                Sandeul was there, looking at him as if he was a rare specimen of any kind. Making him late. Very late. And annoyed. His grip on the older's arm didn't falter, as he knew Jinyoung would run away at the first chance.

                "What do you want?", asked Jinyoung without much patience. "I'm kinda in a hurry right now."

                The other didn't answer at first, his mouth slightly agape. He scrutinized Jinyoung's face so attentively that the latter started to become uncomfortable.

                "Oh, my God… you're so in love", was the first thing he said, still not closing his mouth.

                "Huh… sorry?" The anger vanished. He was confused.

                "It's written all over your face."

                Sandeul's eyes passed through Jinyoung's forehead as if he was actually reading something, and that made the redhead's eyes go wide.

                "What? Is there something on my face?"

                "Poor you, poor you…"

                "Is there?"

                "You're so hopeless. If you're so desperate you could have just asked my help."

                "Sandeul!"

                "So listen well, I thought up a way for you to confess." His lips opened in an excited smile. "It's so brilliant he won't even think of refusing. You'll have to…"

                Jinyoung opened his mouth to tell him to shut up when a faint song started to play. Sandeul immediately reached to his pocket and put the phone (new phone, mind you) to his ear.

                "Hey, hyung! Do you need something?"

                Jinyoung watched as Sandeul nodded to what was said to him and after a minute or so, released his arm.

                "Don't go anywhere", said Sandeul. "I just need to finish here real quickly and then we'll resume talking, ok?"

                Jinyoung nodded with a serious expression and Sandeul smiled. As soon as the younger turned around to reach for the bag in his back, Jinyoung spun on his heels and sprinted in the archery place's direction. But all the way there, he passed his fingers on his forehead.

                He arrived, panting and sweaty and tired as hell, but not too late. He greeted the other members of the club, which were already waiting for him, and went to change clothes. In the changing room — that was a serious pain in the to get, as no one wanted to give it up for the archery team — there was still one person. And that was the vice-captain, Hyunjun.

                There are some things everyone should know about him beforehand: he could be very friendly if he wanted or if he was in a good mood, but if you piss him off he'll literally throw you at some trashcan; his skills should never be doubted (or at least don't let him know about that), as his pride is too big for his little, stone-made head; and he's never on time.

                There wasn't a day on the training that the ridiculously tall fella actually got there on time. So thus he always got the locker all to himself, excepting the only day ever that Jinyoung was late. Which unluckily was that one, and, Jesus, Hyunjun was in a hell of a bad mood.

                "Hey", Jinyoung said, and got a grunt as an answer.

                Some seconds of silence passed as Jinyoung took his clothes out of a locker. Then he turned to Hyunjun.

                "Do I have something written on my face?"

                Hyunjun turned to him as if he was an idiot.

                "Why are you asking me that?"

                "Well, we don't have any mirrors in here."

                "…No, you don't."

                Jinyoung didn't seem too convinced — Hyunjun's glare told him that he could care less even if there was a spider crawling its way up the redhead's neck — but didn't press it for the moment. He finished changing and went with the vice-captain to the place where the other's were gathered.

              "Sorry for the delay", said Jinyoung, sitting side-to-side with Hyunjun. "So I have some things to say before we start. First…"

                Knock-knock-knock.

                Confused, people looked at the door. Jinyoung stopped talking.

                Knock-knock-knock.

                "Sorry, that's my phone", apologized Jinyoung, blushing slightly in embarrassment. "I forgot to turn it off. I'll see it later. So…"

                Knock-knock-knock.

                Knock-knock-knock.

                Knock-knock-knock.

                Knock-knock-knock.

                Pause.

                Knock-knock-knock.

                "SHUT UP!", yelled Jinyoung whilst turning to his phone on the other side of the room, startling a few of the others. "Sorry, I'll see what it is. Just a moment."

                Hyunjun rolled his eyes when Jinyoung got up and walked to his phone, unlocking it and reading the messages.

 

 

                -I'm going to a party now on the other dorm. Wanna go?

 

                -Oh wait you have archery stuff now, i forgot

 

                -But if u decide to go

 

                -Pressed 'send' by accident srr

 

                -But if u decide to go the party goes till late, so i think there'll be time

 

                -I think gongchan and sandeul will come too idk

 

                -It's in the room next to sandeul's

 

                -If you dont go dont lock the door, i forgot my keys

 

 

                Jinyoung let out a frustrated exclamation. I'm gonna kill CNU when he comes back from the dammed party. But answered a simple "ok". He would deal with it later.

                He breathed deeply and made his way back to his seat, receiving a few strange looks from the other members. He finally finished what he need to say, they did whatever tradition called for and started training. As they aligned themselves to the targets, bows in hand, Jinyoung stood next to Hyunjun a little far away.

                They watched the members shoot for about ten minutes, until Jinyoung leaned slightly to the taller and muttered:

                "Isn't there really anything on my face?"

                Only to receive a punch upside the head.

                "There will be my ing fist on your ing face if you don't shut up!"

                Some of the ones who were actually training turned their heads startled to the two "bosses".

                "I think they finally went crazy",  whispered a girl to another boy, who just nodded and sighed and went back to practice.

 

 


 

I know, it's not a real good chapter ;w; next one (I think) will be better. I'll try to update sooner, but I can't promise much haha Thank yoou for reading!!