VII

Say No To Love {HIATUS}
Please log in to read the full chapter

VII

Chanyeol wanted to just open the door and let Sojin be on her way. She was too difficult, and he was never really a fan of the chase – he didn’t like rejection. But he couldn't do that.
No, you have to get her, he thought determinedly.

He saw her reach for the doorknob once more and he quickly grabbed her hand to stop her, pulling her back. “Geez, your hands are so cold.”

She frowned. “And whose fault is that?”

He gave her a sheepish smile. “Mine,” he admitted. “… So let me make it up to you!”

She raised her eyebrow. “No thanks. I’d like to spend less time with you if possible – not more.”

“Come on, don’t be like that,” he persuaded.
His eyes widened in surprise as he saw her lips curve into a cute smile. She seemed to lean in closer, as if she was about to embrace him. Her hands cupped his face suddenly and his heart jumped to his throat. For the first time, he was not ready for the kiss that was coming. It was all too-fast, too sudden, and he felt unprepared and nervous. But if there was one thing he was good at, it was kissing.
So he puckered his lips instinctively without a second thought.

 

Sojin smirked and just as her lips were inches away, she flung his face away to the side with a flick of her arms and bolted out the door.
“Finally… Thought I was never getting out of there,” she mumbled to herself, patting down her hair. She felt a little frazzled from being so up close and personal, but pretending like she was going to plant her lips on his had definitely caught him off guard.

She walked down the hallway, rubbing her arms even though it wasn’t cold. Something was bothering her – Chanyeol had been ready to kiss her back. A few jitters arose in the pit of her stomach. It’s just ‘cause he’s desperate, she reminded herself. He would kiss anyone.

 

 

Chanyeol stood awkwardly in his room, registering what had just happened. He chuckled, half-amused and half-ashamed. But there was another emotion creeping up… and that was fear.
Jeon Sojin had made his heart thump harder than any girl had ever been able to.
It’s just cause she’s hot, he reassured himself. Besides her appearance, there was nothing to like about her. She was stuck up, self-righteous, and most importantly – she was constantly rejecting him.

 

A knock on the door interrupted his thoughts, and immediately the door flung open to reveal Baekhyun.
“Thanks for barging in,” Chanyeol joked.

“This is practically my room anyway.” Baekhyun plopped himself down comfortably on Chanyeol’s bed, taking YamYam into his arms. “So, how was your date?”

“Hm? What?”

Baekhyun raised an eyebrow. “Your date? With Hwayeon?... Did you forget already?” He scanned the room up and down, looking for some signs of a messy ual escapade. “Did you even get laid tonight?”
Chanyeol frowned, immediately alerting him that the answer was ‘no.’ 
“Eh? Why? Wasn’t she into you?”

Chanyeol shuddered. “A little too into me…”

“You were never a fan of hard-to-get,”

Please log in to read the full chapter