Wake Up

Untwining The Thread

Day of the Paintball~~~

On Saturday I woke up and did my normal routine. Then I got some breakfast. After that I had to wake the others up since it was the weekend so I grabbed a pan and a ladle from the kitchen. I first went into Sungjong and Hoya’s room. “Hoya, Sungjong wake up!” I yelled while banging on the pan. “Uh,” Hoya moaned. “Wake up,” I screeched. “What time is it?” Sungjong asked. “It’s 7am so wake up, we have to meet Hansol and Yeojin at 9:30am sharp.” “It’s too early. We’ll be going back to bed,” Hoya said. “Good night Ae Sook,” “Wake up,” I said as I banged on the pan even louder. “Fine you want to play it the hard way, I’ll just wake both of you one by one,” I warned them.

So I grabbed one of Hoya’s pillows and started hitting him with it. “I’m up,” he moaned. But since his eyes were still closed I kept hitting him. “I’m up,” he moaned again. But his eyes were still closed so I kept on hitting him “I. AM. UP,” he roared.

One down four more to go, “Sungjong wake up!” I yelled. “No it’s too early,” he moaned. “Fine then you leave me no choice but to use the secret weapon,” I warned him. “Haha there is no weapon you’re just bluffing,” he said and went back to sleep. I then went to the bathroom and got a cup of cold water, I then went back to his room.

“Sungjong I’m giving you one last chance to wake up before I use my secret weapon,” I told him. But he just grunted. So I went to the edge of his bed and started to pour the cup of water. “Ah,” he screamed as he shot up from the bed. “What was that for?” he questioned. “I told you to wake up before I was going to use my secret weapon. Now get ready to go paintballing,” I commanded. “Yes ma’am,” he saluted.

The next room I went to was Sungyeol, L, and Dongwoo’s room. I first went to Sungyeol since he was the one who usually wakes me up so that has to mean that he’s a light sleeper right? “Sungyeol wake up we have to go meet Yeojin and Hansol to practice paintballing,” I tried waking him up. “No it’s too early,” he replied. “But you usually wake me up for school,” I told him. “That’s on week days,” he said then fell back asleep. Then I thought of a devious way to wake him up. I went to the side of his bed and started rocking it. “Sungyeol there’s an earthquake help me!” I pretended to plead.

“What?! Earthquake!” he yelled then grabbed me and swung me onto his shoulders while yelling at Myungsoo and Dongwoo to wake up. But them being the heavy sleepers they are didn’t hear a thing. Sungyeol then took me into the bathroom and placed me under the sink. “We’ll just stay here until the earthquake’s over,” he assured me.

“Sungyeol come here,” I said while motioning him to come closer so I could tell him something. “What is it?” he questioned as he got closer.

“You’re an idiot. Did you really think there was an earthquake when the ground isn’t shaking?” I said as I hit him on the back of his head. “I only said that so you could wake up. Now get ready we’re going to practice paintballing with Yeojin and Hansol,” I said.

I then went back into Sungyeol, L, and Dongwoo’s room. “L wake up,” I said while trying to shake him awake. “No,” he grunted. “Fine then,” I said then went back into my room looking for something that I could use to wake him up. Then I finally found it so I went back into his room. “L you have to wake up the cops are coming after me. They found me and think that we don’t have papers. I think I hear their car,” then I rang the siren microphone toy I had. “Huh quick Ae Sook go stall them I’ll go get the papers,” L said panicking and getting up rushing and looking everywhere. “Haha. You’d think that cops would be after me. When you first signed the contracts it went into my records so there wouldn’t be any confusion. Haha. You should have seen your face,” I laughed. He just stood there with a shocked expression.

As I was just about to exit the room he stopped me. “Wait aren’t you going to wake up Dongwoo?” he asked. “Nah. He’s not going to go paintballing with us so no,” I replied and with that Dongwoo shot up straight from the bed. “I heard the word paintballing can I still go with you?” Dongwoo asked. “No you’re going to go run errands with Sunggyu,” I replied as I walked off.

The next room I went to was Sunggyu and Woohyun’s room. I went to Woohyun’s bed and tried shaking him to wake up.

“Woohyun wake up!” I screamed. “No,” he replied. “Fine then. Have you ever heard of the English singer Adele? She has this song called Set Fire to the Rain. It goes ‘I set fire to the rain. Watch it pour as I touch your face’  my favorite version of the song is ‘I set fire to your Snsd cds. Watch it flame as you sleep’ I will burn your cds if you don’t wake up in five. Four. Three. Two,” I warned him. “You wouldn’t,” he growled. “Watch me,” I said as I got a cd and a lighter. With that he shot up from his bed and ran to the bathroom.

“Everyone going paintballing come to eat breakfast in ten minutes!” I ordered when I got to the living room. The first one to come was Sungyeol followed by Hoya and Sungjong. “What do you want for breakfast?” Sungyeol asked me. “I already made panckes,” I told him as I took out a plate of pancakes off the counter top. “What do you like on your pancakes?” Sungjong asked me as he was looking in the fridge for toppings.

“Nutella!” I screamed. “What’s that?” they all asked me with a blank stare.

“Gasp. You never heard of Nutella?” I asked. “No. Is that bad?” Sungyeol asked. “Yes that’s bad. How is it that all you do is eat but don’t know what Nutella is?” I asked while standing on my tipy toes and looking up at Sungyeol. He looked down at me and said “We can go buy Nutella later now what do you want on your pancake?” “Fine then. I want blueberry syrup,  whip cream, and strawberries,” I declared. “We have regular syrup and that’s it,” Sungjong said as he pulled out a bottle of syrup from the fridge. “What’s wrong with you people not having food?” I barked. “Well before we would just eat what we have for breakfast,” Hoya stated.

“Aish what’s all this ruckus?” A sleepy Dongwoo asked as he came into the room scratching his head. “These nitwits don’t know what Nutella is and all we have to put on our pancakes is regular syrup,” I replied. “I’m finished washing up what are we having for breakfast?” Woohyun sang as he walked into the room with his arms wide open as if he was expecting a hug. “Oh Hyung you’re up. What do you want for breakfast?” he asked Dongwoo. “Some sleep. Be more quiet before Sunggyu Hyung wakes up and gets mad,” Dongwoo stammered. “Too late,” Sunggyu growled as he crossed his arms and looked down at us making an evil aura come off of him.

“Sunggyu you’re up what’s the matter?” I asked trying to be cute. “It’s too loud to sleep. What are you arguing about?” he growled. “Well you see, I-I made pancakes for breakfast and we don’t have anything that goes with them other than syrup,” I stuttered. “Aw you made us pancakes,” Woohyun said as he pulled me into a hug as I tried punching him for him to let go.

“Then eat it with the syrup for now and later on when you come home you can go to the store to buy whatever you want that goes with pancakes. Understood?” Sunggyu barked. “Y-yes,” I squeaked. “Now be quiet so I can sleep,” he then stormed back into his room with Dongwoo to sleep. We then got our pancakes onto our plates and sat down just then it felt as we were missing something.

“Where’s L?” I asked. “Last time I saw him he was going to the bathroom,” Sungyeol told me. “Don’t tell me he’s still in there,” I said as I got up to go cheek on him. When I got to the bathroom closer to L’s room I knocked on the door. “L if you’re still in there hurry up we’re going to leave after we eat,” I told him but there was no reply. So I went to the kitchen where the rest where eating and dragged Sungyeol to the bathroom. “Go in there and see if L is in there. If he is tell him to hurry up,” I commanded as Sungyeol opened the door and went in. Then I heard laughing on the other side of the door. Then Sungyeol had burst through the door laughing. “Hahahaha he’s asleep while brushing his teeth!” When I looked through the door L was just standing still with a toothbrush in his mouth while his eyes were closed. “Wake him up and make sure he gets ready,” I told Sungyeol as I headed off to eat my pancakes.

As I was finishing my pancakes and putting my dish in the sink Sungyeol came out with a sleepy L. “I got him to get dressed and ready,” Sungyeol said exhausted. “Good now let’s go,” I said as I put on my shoes. “Wait but I didn’t even get to finish my pancakes,” Sungyeol wailed. “Too bad now let’s go before we miss the subway,” I said as I was about to go out the door. “Ah wait for me,” Sungjong called as he put on his coat. I started walking towards the subway station as the others were rushing out the door. When we finally got to the subway station we bought our tickets and entered the subway when it came. During the whole entire ride Sungyeol was pouting like a little kid and complaining how he didn’t get to finish his pancakes. Throughout all of that complaining from Sungyeol, L was able to sleep through it all. When it was our turn to get off the subway L was still sleeping. “Sungyeol wake up L so we can go,” I told him. “L wake up. We’re leaving the subway now,” Sungyeol tried calling him. But he was still sleeping. “He’s not waking up. What do we do?” Sungyeol asked. “Just carry him on your back until we get there,” I said. We made it out of the subway station but on our way there Sungyeol started complaining.

“Can someone else carry L. I’m getting tired and I think he’s choking me,” Sungyeol huffed. “Just carry him a little longer we’re almost there anyway,” I told Sungyeol. Then Sungyeol landed on the ground sprawled out as if he was in a position of someone parachuting and hitting the ground but with L on top of him still asleep.

“Help him up,” I commanded Sungjong, Woohyun, and Hoya as I kept walking. “Wait for us,” Woohyun yelled. “Uh why are they so heavy,” Sungjong complained. “Help me fast he’s squishing me and I can’t breathe,” Sungyeol said barley above a whisper as he was turning red.

I waited for them for about a minute then started walking again. When they finally got up it was Hoya that was now carrying L. Just as I was turning a corner I bumped into someone. “Hmp,” I stumbled on to the ground falling on to my . “Yah watch where you’re going!” I screamed to the person. Then when I looked up I saw a smirking Zelo. “Even out of school you’re still the shortest person,” he said. “Yah help me up,” I yelled at him. He then reached out a hand. “Are you on your way paintballing right now?” he asked me. “No I’m going to the land of unicorns,” I said in a sarcastic tone. “Of course I’m going paintballing where else can I be going?” I asked him. “Well then hop on,” he said as he got back onto his skateboard. So I turned back and saw the others still going slow so I did as Zelo told me too.

“Yah, Ae Sook where are you going?” Hoya yelled. “Paintballing,” I yelled back at Hoya. “Zelo hurry up please,” I rushed Zelo. “Why are they chasing you?” he asked me as he skateboarded faster. “No,” I stated blankly. “Then why-“ Zelo was about to say something but got interrupted by someone yelling. “Yah Zelo wait for us,” when I turned around to see where the voice was coming from brown haired boy with a mask. “Oh Hyung I’m going bye,” Zelo yelled back and waved an innocent smile. “Yah Choi Junhong listen to your Hyung!” he called again.

“Who was that?” I asked as soon as we got to a far distance. “Oh that was Daehyun Hyung,” Zelo replied as if it was nothing. “If he was one of your Hyungs then why did you run away from him?” I asked. “Because he was too slow,” Zelo groaned. I was about to ask Zelo some more questions but he stopped abruptly causing me to hold on to him even tighter. “We’re here,” he announced. I took one look around. “What do you mean we’re here this isn’t even the paintball place it’s a convince store,” I scolded him. “I meant we’re here to get a snack,” he said calmly. “Fine,” I muttered as we went in. I was just following Zelo as he was taking snacks off the shelves and putting it into the basket after putting chocolate pepero, strawberry pepero, some lollipops and a few pieces of candy into the basket he stopped at the milk section.

“Which one should I get?” he murmured to himself. I grabbed a banana milk and shoved it into the basket while he wasn’t looking. Then when he finally made his decision on chocolate milk he started walking through the aisles again looking for more snacks. He got a slice of vanilla bread and bread with red bean paste in the middle. Then he came to the ice cream section, he got an ice cream sandwich and I got a vanilla ice cream cone and snuck it into the basket while he wasn’t looking. When we finally got to the cash register the lady was scanning every item while I was staring off into space. “That will be 15,000 won,” the lady said. I was expecting Zelo to pay but all he did was stare at me. “Aren’t you going to pay?” I asked him. “No because you are,” he replied. I was then pulling out some money from a mini coin purse I had in my pocket. “You’re just lucky that I brought some money,” I murmured as I handed the cashier the money.