Introduction

Untwining The Thread

     Hi my name is Ae Sook last name I don't really have one since it changes from time to time, but it says on my birth certificate Hwa. I'm 14 almost 15. I'm an orphan, my story well it starts here. When I was little I've been in the orphanage since birth. I've been adopted a few times but I've never liked a family before, my first family was really crazy. They adopted me when I was 6 years old. It all started when I was at the orphanage playing with my best friend Eun Mi then all of a sudden one of the orphanage boys came running over to us. "Ae Sook, Eun Mi did you hear? There's going to be a family coming over to look for a child! Hurry you're going to want to clean up before we go." he said enthusiastically as he ran off to tell the others. Then our caretaker called us "Everyone come to the front office right now." Everyone was running, pushing, and shoving to get to the office while me and Eun Mi were just taking our time not wanting to get trampled by everyone. When we finally got there everyone was already lined up listening to our caretaker Mrs. Moon. "Everyone listen up we have a very big announcement to make." she said enthusiastically. "We are going to have a family coming over to our orphanage to adopt one of you. So we need you to be on your best behavior. Oh look here they come now." she said.

     “They look weird,” I stated causing Eun Mi to laugh which made me laugh. Then Mrs. Moon overheard us “Ae Sook, Eun Mi is there something you would like to share with us since you both are laughing?” “No ma’m.” I replied. “Is there anyone that catches your eye Mr. and Mrs. Park?” Mrs. Moon asked turning back to the parents. “Well take her,” they said as they pointed at me. “Are you sure you didn’t even look at the others,” Mrs. Moon said trying to convince them to choose someone else. “We want her,” they said again. “Alright then Ae Sook go pack your bags, you will be leaving tomorrow morning. Everyone else say goodbye to Ae Sook and go play. Mr. and Mrs. Park please follow me we’ll go fill out the forms.” Mrs. Moon directed. Everyone was then crowding me saying “Good luck” or “Congratulations” then they ran off. I was in the girls room packing my stuff with Eun Mi helping me. While we were packing Eun Mi pulled something out from under her pillow. “Here,” she said as she handed me a necklace. “It’s my prized possession I want you to have it so you can remember me. Promise that wherever you go you won’t forget me,” said to me. “I pinky promise that I’ll never forget you no matter where I go. Here you can keep my most precious bunny.” I say as I grab my sea foam green bunny off my bed and trade it with the necklace as we twine our pinkies together. “Good luck with your new family hopefully we’ll see each other again someday.” Eun Mi told me the next morning before I left.

     After just a few weeks of living with my new family not only were they weird looking but also crazy and that’s when I decided to run away for the first time. Ever since there hasn’t been one family that I liked but the good thing was that I learned that I have a real brother. But I don’t even know where he is.