Chapter 7 ~~~

Is it possible for a happy ending ??
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her heart shattered when she saw the view before her. Kris has promised to go home early but at that moment, she found out that he ditched her to have some drinks with Amy.

“Hi Ling”, Amy smiled to her. “I’m sorry I told him not to drink too much. But he seems to have some problems. I couldn’t let him drive”.

Ling walked toward them immediately. She held Kris’ body. She really hate the smell of alcohol beside him. Kris knew about it, that’s why he tried to avoid alcohol since they made up.

“Thanks taking care of him. It’s already night, go home safely. I’ll take care of him for now on”, Ling said and then walked away with Kris.

She stumbled while holding Kris to the bedroom. When they reached the bedroom, she put Kris on the bed and helped him change his clothes.

“Why did you do this to me ?”, Kris mumbled.

“What happen Kris ?”

“You look like my wife, Ling”, he managed to say and laughed. “You know what I loved her so much, but he make me mad. I hate her”.

His words hurt her. But she tried to think positively that he just in his drunken state. Maybe he has a lot of problems.

“K-kris. You’re drunk. Just go to sleep”, she said.

“I’m not. And I don’t want to sleep. I want to kill that bastard ! Who is he ?”

“who is who ? I don’t understand what you’re talking about.”

Kris pulled her body and she fell on the bed beside him. He held her tightly and then snuggled closer toward her. “I love you, Ling”, he mumbled in his sleep while a tear dropped from his eyes. Ling didn’t know what happen with him. She wanted to ask him what happen but she heard him snoring softly. She decided to get some sleep. Soon the blackness welcomed her.

 

When she awoke in the morning, she found herself alone on the bed. Kris was gone, and she heard waters dripping from the shower. She knew Kris was in the shower. But she felt strange. He usually tried to wake her up by kissing her gently every morning. That morning was different. She didn’t know why. When the door opened, she managed to greet him a good morning but he just gave her a cold stare then he walked away.

She felt something was not right. Kris never missed his goodbye kiss every morning whenever he went to the office, but somehow he forgot about her and just went straight to the car.

Kris knew he made Ling hurt, but he also felt hurt. He didn’t know what to do. He loved her but he couldn’t stand to see her with another man. He felt furious. Later, he decided to hire an investigator to follow his wife everywhere. He wanted to make sure that she didn’t cheat on him.

Ling decided she need some fresh air. She went to the park nearby and watched some kids playing there. She wanted kids in her life. She saw the way Mei Xiang’s eyes sparkled when Lay announced that she was pregnant. Suddenly she remembered the way Kris treated her on that morning. She felt hurt but she knew he must be have some problems with work.

“Penny for your thought ?”, she heard someone talked to her. She turned toward the man beside her and surprised to see Jaemin there.

“Hey, what are you doing in this neighborhood ?”

“I just visited my friend and walked around. Then I spotted you”, he smiled at her.

“Oh”, she smiled back and didn’t know what to say since she didn’t expect someone accompany her at that moment. She wanted to be alone for a while.

“So, what are you doing here alone ?”

“Just need some fresh air and I thought this place is a right place for me. Kids running around. This place felt good”.

“You love kids ?”

“Of course, they’re just like angels”.

He was surprised to see her smile. She has a face like angel. He wondered what kind of fault she made to make his best friend, Amy to held a grudge toward her. He remembered a week ago Amy called him need some help. She said the woman before him stole her man.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter