Chapter 14 ~~~

Is it possible for a happy ending ??
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Please le them be okay”, Kris silently prayed at the waiting room.

It was a nightmare for him when he saw blood on Ling’s skirt. He was afraid to lose the baby. And the most important one was he was afraid of losing Ling.

Kris took Ling in the car and then he drove away to the hospital. The nurse assured him that everyhting will be okay.

Minutes by minutes passed. And then, the doctor came up to meet Kris.

“Doctor, how is my wife ? Is she alright ?”

The doctor gave him a bitter smile. “I can assure you that Mrs. Wu is fine right now, Sir”.

“And the baby ? How is the baby ?”

“The baby is also fine, but we almost lost him. Mrs. Wu seems having so much stress. That’s why it all happened. I hope that she could get bed rest for the rest of her pregnancy. We don’t want anything to happen. She shouldn’t think too much.”

“I got it. Thank you, Doctor. Can I see her ?”

“Yes, you can. But she is asleep right now”. Then the doctor walked away.

 

“The baby is also fine, but we almost lost him. Mrs. Wu seems having so much stress. That’s why it all happened.”

The doctor’s voice still played in Kris’ head. He went inside Ling’s room.

She was asleep. Her face looked pale. He could see that she has gained a little weight on her since they met each other. But, it was still unusual weight for the pregnant woman.

Kris walked toward the bed. He held Ling’s hand carefully like she was a porcelain doll.

“Is it because of me that you become like this Ling-ah ?”

He put his hand on her belly and try to feel his son there.

“Baby, you should hang on in there. Daddy really want to see you. Please be strong.”

 

The sunlight came into the room and woke Ling up. The white ceiling and a medicine smell made her confuse. Where was she ? Then, she remembered the blood on her skirt last night. Panick came into her. She tried to feel her belly. She felt a bump there. She was still pregnant. Was the baby okay ?

A light snore made Ling turned her head toward the source of the snore. Kris was sleeping on the sofa. His big body couldn’t fit the small sofa.

“K-kris”, she softly called Kris.

Slowly he lifted his eyes. When he hears Ling’s voice, he came toward her.

“Ling-ah.. What happen ? Are you okay ?”

She nodded slowly. “I’m .. thirsty”, she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter