Chapter 58: The new I-shine-E [idea by ShawolSone06]

Switching Channels, today: Dream Girl~

Happily you skip down the streets of your hometown. The weather could have been better for an august day, but you wouldn´t complain. Your feel were dry and you could feel the sun light on your face as it broke through the clouds from time to time.

Your mood was great and you felt like you already had everything you needed in your life as you passed the windows of the shops framing the streets (although your heart quickened a little about the cute stationary a couple of houses ago).

Or so you thought, as suddenly your feet stopped in front of a little electronics shop. Five, in your eyes, marvelous mobile phones were lined up waiting to be bought. You almost felt like they were singing your name.

Suddenly you got very giddy and excited. You just HAD to go in there! Even if you wouldn´t be able to afford any of the pieces. You wanted to see them close up and maybe even try to touch one or two of them.

A little bell announced you and you greeted whoever worked in the shop with a loud and cheerful "Hello".

The man in his mid-forties that seemed to run the shop returned the greeting and asked you if you needed any help. You quickly told him about your interest in those five phones.

His face changed into an apologetic expression and he filled you in that those were in fact rather new devices that would be available on the market very soon. They were a Korean brand, very unfamiliar to foreigners, and.. that was the main point, they were B class products. Items that had been wrongly handled in one of the processing steps. On the outside, they could easily compare to the A class mobiles but when you used them, they showed a few flaws.

"Flaws?" You inquired with big eyes.

"This one" he pointed to a dark blue one with small stripes, that reminded you of racing cars "for some reason it shows the results of any sports game that is being aired." You were in awe. "Worldwide." He added. "If it was only for that, I´d be able to sell it for lots of money BUT unfortunately -"

The man´s face fell "this is also a very biased little thing. If it´s favorite team doesn´t win it´ll just turn itself off. If it´s team wins, it´d play the national anthem of the team that won... for ten minutes...as loud as the volume allows it".

For some odd reason this didn´t disturb you as much as it should and you were more than eager to get to know the other phones´ flaws.

The next one, wouldn´t vibrate. No matter if you got an SMS or someone called you, it would blast a tune, that was not saved in the ringtones. Each time the melody was different, almost as if adlibbing.

Another one, on the other hand would ONLY vibrate, violently vibrate to be precise. The vibration usually was so strong, that the mobile would almost jump. If you received a call, the vibration would start to match its movement to the tune.

"This one, the pink one" the man went on ", you´d think it´s a girl´s dream but it orders the latest mobile phone accessories on its own! Isn´t that crazy!?" Although he added that this expensive feature had gotten him some quite good deals out of older devices, simply by "pimping" their exterior.

The range went from tunes to bags to stickers and other fancy phone stuff.

"What about the last one?"

He told you about the odd habit of the phone to send the owner a lame joke every morning. The guy rolled his eyes indicating the level of "funniness". "Also... it uses slap-sticky ringtones on its own accord." Your eyes looked a bit puzzled about that part.

" You know, sounds like in those really old slap-stick comedies. Some slipping on a banana, or a simple "BAM"."

You nodded in understatement and you knew as a matter of fact that you would have to buy one of them. No matter how quirky they were, to you, they were the most amazing thing in the world!

After another minute of pure staring you had made up your mind.

Determined you grabbed your personal favorite and as you brought the device closer to you, the screen lit up:

 

Hello you,

thanks for choosing me :D

 


A/N so which is your favorite? ^^

Sorry for not updating in so long :/ rest assured that I will never abandon this story though.

It was my first and it will always be dear to me. I hope you enjoyed reading this.

Credits go to ShawolSone06 for the idea. :3 I think it´s not exactly what you pictured. but I hope you still like it.

 

Don´t hesitate to leave your suggestions in the comment box.

Thank you all for staying with me! :)

19.08.2011