What's gotten into her?

Ill Desperations

"Tae, here's my money. Go get my lunch okay? I forgot to do something." Yoona handed her lunch money to a surprised Taeyeon and followed Yuri.

Taeyeon's stare followed Yoona. Where on Earth is she going now? She hasn't done this before.
Yoona tried to keep up with Yuri without alerting her. Where is she going?

Yuri walked up flights of stairs. She was heading to the roof. She stumbled on a few stairs along the way. She was still in shock from Seyoung's appearance and her 'greetings' to Yuri. Yuri shoved the roof door open and stumbled outside into the warm sun. The breeze was gentle. It was nice up here. She just noticed it. She brushed her fringe away from her face and leened over a wall on the roof. She peered down. The school fields were rich and green from up here. The concrete reflecting the sun's midday rays of light.


There she was. On a rooftop. A different one. Seyoung. Her long hair blowing gently in the breeze. She looked elegant then and there. Her eyes staring into the distance at the sun. There she was. In a different uniform.

Yuri approached Seyoung from afar. She did not want to disrupt Seyoung from enjoying the view. How she looked when leening over the school's rooftop wall was beautiful. Her unique scent caught in the breeze, and inhaled by Yuri. "S-seyoung..."


Yuri shook her head in dismay. She could not believe how just standing on the roof, gathering her thoughts, could make her think of that day...
But the memories kept coming.


"Seyoung." Yuri called again. She walked beside Seyoung and also leened over the roof.

"Hey Yuri." Seyoung smiled. "Whats up?"

"Ah not much... Just tired of working all the time after school. I don't think I should try at school." Yuri explained. She spat at the ground, and counted the seconds it took to land on the ground.

"Yuri... You know you make me very worried working like that at this age. I should be helping you as my friend. I cry thinking that I can't do anything to help. Come. give me a hug Yuri-ah..." Seyoung opened her arms for Yuri. They embraced, holding each other tightly. "Yuri, remember I'm here for you..."


"Yuri!" A voice called.

She shook her head again and looked up, to see Yoona walking towards her. She was confused on how Yoona found her up on the roof. Maybe she comes here as well? I should change my thoughts gathering place.

Yuri wiped her eyes with the back of her hand and sighed. "What do you want, Yoona." She said under her breath.
"Hey hey. Why are you so different all of a sudden. You're... cold. Is it because of Seyoung?" Yoona asked.

Yuri glared at Yoona. "Yah! Who do you think you are? Asking me that. Just. get out! Go away!"

"Yuri. Please. Let me help you. What's wrong? Today, I heard you and Seyoung talk in the toilets..." Yoona started.

Yuri gasped, eye widened. "What do you know. You do know it's not nice to overhear other's talking!"
Yoona felt Yuri's palm slap across her face, and fell over. She stared at Yuri with disbelief, and rubbed the area where she got slapped. "Why are you getting so worked up over this? I gues I'll leave you alone then..." She got up and walked through the door, slamming it shut. She hurridly walked down the stairs away from Yuri. She did not notice Seyoung sitting in the shadows, as she watched the whole thing from afar, and smiled.

Her old, fighting self is back... I can't believe she's gotten so soft over the years. I guess without me, she is nothing. No wonder she begs for my friendship again.

She then walked down the stairs, leaving Yuri again.

Yuri leened on the rooftop wall again, and breathed deeply. She examined her hand. She had not hurt anyone with one blow that much over the years. Why Yoona?

She realised that her old self has returned. All because of Seyoung. She sparked the dying embers in Yuri's body. Yuri never felt more alive in many years. Maybe I can impress Seyoung...


Yoona never felt that much pain in her life before. Physically and mentally. Her newest friend rejectin her help just like that. she hated Seyoung. She hated how Seyoung ruined their relationship. And how she has made Yuri turn to her like a dog turning to its master.

"Yoona! Why is your cheek red?" Taeyeon called when Yoona arrrived.

"Well... uh, I fell and landed on my cheek..." Yoona lied.
"O my gosh! Are you okay girl? You bleeding?" Tiffany ran over and escorted Yoona to their table.
"Nah... just. It. Hurts." This time she didn't lie. She did not believe that Yuri had that much strength in her. Like a male adult.


Yoona sent her mother a text after school finished, saying that she was going to the library to study and would not arrive home for dinner. Afterwards, she spotted Yuri walking out of the school to a public busstop. She followed her, making sure Yuri didn't spot her. After Yuri got on her bus, Yoona hailed a taxi.

"Sir, can you follow that bus until I tell you to stop? Thanks." Yoona sat down at the back as the taxi followed the bus.

Seyoung saw Yoona hop into a taxi and knew what she was up to. Yuri is so stupid sometimes...
She took out her phone.

To: You are stupid

Message: Someone is following you. How stupid can you get? No wonder why I have feelings that you won't make it through high school without your secret out.

Yuri recieved the message, and took out her vibrating phone. She sighed. It must be Seyoung herself. She sighed and put her phone away. She didn't mind Seyoung following. It meant she still cared for Yuri. She can follow me if she wants. At least I can get help.

When her bus arrived, she got off, and waited for Seyoung to arrive. Instead, a taxi arrived. She tried to see who was inside. Y-yoona? What the heck is she doing here? Ahh...she must be the one following me. Yuri, Seyoung doesn't care about you THAT much...

She immediately hid behind a corner and peered to spy on what Yoona's next move was.
Yoona looked around after she exited her taxi. Hm? Where did Yuri go? Ahh I can't lose her now...


Yuri's mistake. Yoona's curiosity. And Seyoung may be trying to win Yuri to her side again... in a weird way. Ahh what's going on.

Hoped you enjoy!

~Chirpie~