Working with the pros

Ill Desperations

Yuri peaked the corner again. There, in front of her, Yoona was was searching around for her. She has to be careful... this neighbourhood is dangerous... wait no. Why am I thinking of Yoona? I should just get going. It's her fault for following me.

Yuri turned around and hurried away from Yoona as quietly as she could. She quietly jogged around the corner, and ran towards her drug dealer. She kept turning her back in case Yoona was there. Her heart raced, her adrenaline levels up. She was really nervous. She did not want anyone to find out this soon that she had this secret. Maybe she'd have to move schools again if they found out.

She turned into a cold, dirty alleyway. She hurried, leaping over the puddles of dirty water. The bricks. They were stained. And cracked. The whole neighbourhood looked like this. Almost all of it looked as if it would fall apart anytime soon. No wonder why this was a good place for a drug dealer to live in. She could not help but notice this every single time she came.

She knocked on the door. The same panel moved and the same pair of eyes gazed at her. "Ah, Yuri. Here for the next dose, eh? I think the boss is feeling kind today. Just don't do anything to piss him off. He might reward you well."

She nodded as the door opened. She stepped inside and got escorted by the same two guards.


Yoona was confused. This neighbourhood was so new to her. She was not used to how bad the condition of the neighbourhood was in. She was shocked that Yuri would even want to come here. It seems prone to drug dealers and rapists... why would Yuri even want to come here?

The alleyways seemed like a maze to her. She didn't want to get lost. Luckily she had her phone on her, so she could view the GPS, and find her way out. She heard something quiet, and move in the shadows behind her. She looked in that direction. She could hear quiet footsteps creeping away from her. They seemed to be getting more far away. "Y-yuri? Is that you?" She muttered. Too scared to call out loud in case someone else heard her.

She decided to wait at the entrance to this neighbourhood where Yuri entered, to see when Yuri came out.
She sat down at the bus stop. Her thoughts were still running. What if she just lived here? She should be, right? Why do I feel that something isn't right?

They were talking in the toilets about a secret. That seems really suspicious. This could be her secret. But she might want to hide the fact that she lives here. Maybe. Ahh I'm confused. Maybe I could just wait a bit longer...


Yuri approached the boss, wondering what task she had to carry out.
"Ah, Yuri. Today is your lucky day. We have managed to get a warehouse full of the drugs that you need. Now that means we are stocked. So. In celebration of that. I would like to give you a bonus. If you could carry out this task, I will give you not one, but TEN doses of that. All you need to do is go to the local hospital and steal some . They'd have it stocked in their store room. I will send with you a hacker who will watch over you when you steal them. He will control the security cameras, and the alarm systems. Just make sure you can get in and out before anyone sees you." The boss said.

"Um...okay. I'm up for it." Yuri replied.

"So have you met BoA before? She is our best hacker. She will be able to hack into the hospital's systems easily. Just get in, and out. Simple." The boss introduced an older lady, who looked really gentle and elegant on the outside, but was actually really tough.

"Let's get this done kid, okay?" BoA led Yuri to her van. Yuri was too busy following BoA that she did not notice Yoona sitting out front, waiting for her.

"So, kid. How are they? Have they been nice to you?" BoA asked.
"Um...not really. They give me all these bizzare tasks. I just don't know how long I can handle this." Yuri replied.
"Well, I can't judge them as I don't rely on them myself. They pay me money, so of course I work for them."


Yoona heard the voices. She awoke from her thoughts and recognised one voice. Yuri's! She turned around and caught a glimpse of Yuri, walking towards a carpark with an older woman. Who could that be? Could she be her sister or something? But she called Yuri 'kid'...

She followed them quieltly, and watched as they hoppd into a black van and drove off. She decided to call it a day, and headed home. She could always come back later.


Yuri took a good look around the inside of the van. There was all this equipment inside. It looked too expensive to be the drug dealer's equipment.

"I know what you're thinking. I'm ex-military. This is all I have from the days of my service. Never knew I'd be using this against their hospitals." BoA answered.

Yuri nodded in realisation. "Did you resign? And if so, why?"

"Oh it's a long story. Well, I was working on hacking into a small terrorist group's network, when they were communicating to each other. If I was successful, I would pinpoint exactly where they were located. So I worked on it. But I overlooked something. The fact that they knew I was spying on them. They set up fake locations. So when I pinpointed them, the military sent squads in to infiltrate them. I basically put them into a time bomb. The building was full of explosives. When they all went inside, the building blew up. The military blamed me. I was fired. Which is why I hate them. So I decided to switch sides and try to work against them." BoA explained.

Yuri took in this story, and chose to believe it. She looked out the window, and realised that they had arrived at the hospital. It was night time, which meant that it was dark. This gave her the shadows to hide in. She had experience in this from countless fails.

"Okay, this is your earpiece. I will communicate with you through it. Listen to everyting I say, and everything will be fine." BoA placed a small earplug like device into Yuri's ear. It felt weird. It disrupted her hearing in her left ear a little bit.

"Okay, comms check. Can you hear me?" BoA said through the earpiece.
"I hear you. I will wait on your signal to go in." Yuri replied, as she hopped out of the van and waited in the shadows near the store room door.
She heard BoA typing commands into whatever gadget she had, and after a minute, she heard her speak. "Okay, you are clear. I have disabled the alarms at the store room. You can go in. I also have control of the security cameras. They will show an empty room. Your window is ten minutes, until they realise the alarm's not working. So you have to move quickly."

Yuri took a few deep breaths to calm her nerves, and sighed, as she walked into the store room. The room was dimly lit. She looked around. There were lots of shelves heavily packed withmedicines of all types. She wondered if medication she needed was in here. She discarded that thought.

"Okay, kid. The item is located near the far wall. Head over there, and looked in between the shelves labelled antibiotics and painkillers." BoA instructed her.

Yuri headed to the far wall, and spotted the shelves. She looked in between them, and searched around. Morphine... nope, that's not it... Oh here it is, .

She took all that she could find.
"Okay, now get out of there! There is a nurse approaching the store room."

Yuri ran for the door, but realised that she did not have enough time. She hid in the opposite corner an hoped the nurse did not need anything in that corner. The nurse walked in, holding a clipboard. She walked over to several shelves, and grabbed some medications. She then headed over to where the was stored...

"Hm? They asked for ten packets of , for the patients. How come there is only eight?" She sighed and looked around.
Yuri cursed quietly.

The nurse looked up in her direction. "Is there someone there?"
Yuri quietly reached to her side and found an injection, and some anaesthetics. Good...this could knock her out. She waited as the nurse approached her, and lashed out to her neck, when she injected the anaesthetics. She placed her other hand over the nurse's mouth to stop her from yelling for help. It was a silent knockdown. But as soon as the others found the nurse missing, they would idscover her here. She had to get out now.

She made sure she carried the , and ran out the store room door.
"Hurry, kid. They will be searching for the nurse soon and ring the alarms." BoA reported.

Yuri bolted to the van and hopped inside. The van immediately took off, as the hospital's alarms rang. "I have the goods."
"Great, I have my pay then." BoA just replied.

As the van was returning back to the run down neighbourhood, Yuri saw the speeding police cars, and heard their wailing sirens, as they rushed to the hospitals. This hospital must have been important. She could not believe that she had just puuled that off.

"Come on, we have to hurry, before they set up roadblocks." BoA muttered to herself. They returned to the hideout, and returned to the boss.
"Here are the goods." Yuri handed the bag in which the was stored in.
"Great. Good job. Here are your doses."

Yuri took the drugs happily, and was so happy to see the multiple doses in one bag. She could last for almost three weeks with this. That meant she did not have to do any tasks for three weeks, and could be a normal girl for that time.

BoA smiled as she saw Yuri's gratitude. When Yuri turned to walk out, BoA called out. "Hey kid!"
Yuri turned around.
"It was nice working with you. That takedown in there was good. I hope to work with you in the future? Will that be possible, sir?" BoA asked the drug dealer.
"Ah, I knew you two would make a good team. Sure, you two can work together. Now I'm sure that more tasks can be done."

Yuri smiled at BoA. She liked that woman. She seemed nice. Caring. Even though she was now a criminal. They all were.
She was a criminal, trapped by the expenses and difficulties of the world. Something that she could not help to be.


Badass Yuri! Sorry for the long wait. I was a bit busy in the past weeks on schoolwork. This chapter is extra long, to make up for it!
Hope you enjoyed! Thanks for the subs, comments, and upvotes especially! (:
 

~Chirpie~