Dirty Work

Ill Desperations


Yuri followed Yoona towards the other girls. As she walked towards them, she looked around the cafeteria. The smell of food was desirable. The cafeteria itself was clean, with no signs of any recent food fights. The walls were all bare white, which matched the tiled floor. there were rectangle tables in lines, which could fit 10 people on each one. They went to a table at the end of the cafeteria hall. The other girls all smiled and waved. "Hey, Yuri! Yoona has told us about you, how you saved our Seo." They laughed as Seohyun blushed, embarrassed.

She smiled. Aish... why do they have such happy lives?
She went and sat down with the others at the table. There were 6 others, other than Yoona and Seohyun.

"I'm assuming you would want us to introduce ourselves, eh?" Yoona exclaimed. She seemed very excited to introduce her friends to Yuri. "So this is Taeyeon." She pointed to the oldest looking girl in the group, who was also the shortest. "She is the oldest out of us, and the shortest too.... hehe."

"Yah! That's mean! It's not my fault I'm short..." Taeyeon protested.

"This is Jessica. She's the laziest one out of us." Yoona pointed to the blond haired girl. "She also hates cucumbers." She giggleiid.
"Stop insulting us yah!" She lightly slapped Yoona on the shoulder.

"Aish...fine. This is Sooyoung, Sunny, Hyoyeon and Tiffany." Yoona introduced. They all greeted her.

"Ahh today's dish is not that good. The chefs must still be on holiday..." Yoona whined.

"At least it's food..." Yuri muttered. She ate her lunch quietly, only half-listening to the others speaking.

"Yah Yuri! Are you listening?" Yoona whined.
"Huh?"

"Aish... We were just asking if you wanted to come with us to the local mall after school to shop." Yoona replied.

"Oh... sorry I can't go after school. I'm kind of busy." Yuri replied. Her phone vibrated. She looked at the phone. There was a text message. "Um I need to go to the toilets. Excuse me." She got up from her seat and jogged to the toilets. Once again she locked herself in a cubicle.


Sender: Supplier

So you have taken your dose for today right? You're gonna need more?
Come over to us today. We have a job for you to do so you can go earn another one. Make sure you come alone.

It's better if you came today than tomorrow as, what if you suddenly need it tomorrow, instead of every two days?


She sighed as she deleted the text message.
She wondered what they wanted from her this time. Even though she was used to it, she still dreaded the fact that she had to do a job for them every time she needed another dose.

She walked back to the others, just as the bell for the end of lunch rang.

"Ah, see you guys later!" Yuri went to her locker and grabbed her books for her next classes. Ahhh... History. I at it.


The after school bell rang. Yuri walked out of school by herself, with earphones plugged in. Subconciously, her head rocked in the timing of the beat in the song. She got startled when there was a tap on her shoulder. She turned around to see Yoon smirking behind her. She took out an earpone out of one of her ears. "Oh hi there."

"You sure you don't want to come with us to the mall? It will be fun!" Yoona beckoned.

"Yes, I'm really, really, really sure. I'll catch you later then." Yuri turned around and walked away from Yoona, her right arm raised as she waved to Yoona without turning around.

Ahh... she seems pretty cool. Yoona giggled at the thought and walked back to the others. "She's sure she can't come. Come on! Let's go!"

Yuri waited at the bus stop. Many students took the school buses home. But she needed to take a public bus in order to meet up with her suppliers. The afternoon air felt calm as it passed over her skin. She closed her eyes and breathed deeply to take in more of the fresh air, only to smell the familiar smell of the fumes from a bus. She opened her eyes and signalled the bus to stop. She hopped on and scanned her travel card into the scanner, and sat down at the back of the bus.

The bus was empty, except for two other people. One of them an elderly woman. The other a male young adult, maybe in his middle 20s. He was on his phone, probrably texting someone. She smiled. She prefered a bus without too many people as she can have personal space and can relax. 

It was dirty and run down where she got off. The buildings were all full of graffiti. Yuri sighed as she began to walk to the end of the alleyway where she knocked on the door. A small panel moved and a pair of eyes looked at her. "Ahh you're here for your next dose,Yuri?" 

"Uh...yeah." Yuri replied.

"Come on in then." The door opened to a set of stairs which led down. She was escorted by two large men, who smelt of cigarettes. They wore rags and spat attche ground with no sense of hygene. The stairs gave way to a shabby looking room. They all walked through the first door at the left of them. Inside was a man, aged in his 30s. He wore a dirty tuxedo and grinned when she walked in.

"Ah, you're here!" He stood up.

"What do I have to do now?" Yuri asked.

"Woah woah woah. Slow down. How have you been lately, sweety?" The man approached her and her hair.

She tried not to react, and sighed. "What do I do??" 

"You know, I was gonna be kind to you and make you just steal some supplies from the stores, but since you are soooo rude today, I will make you do two hours with two of my clients." He snickered. "It will teach you how to be respectful, to your 'oppa'."

She sighed. "So... where are they?"

"In the room upstairs. My men will you there." 

She walked up the stairs and opened the door. "Well well well, he has surely sent us an angel, hasn't he?"

"Yeah, I agree. We will make you feel soooo good you'll be asking for more..."


Yuri grunted as she arrived back home. She panted. Her body was all really sore. She found it hard to walk into the bathroom to take a shower. Once in the shower she the water and sat there for a while as she rested. Gahh... if these men treat me this roughly again, I don't think I can handle it...

When she came out of the shower, she dialed her phone. "D-dad? When are you coming home?" 

"Oh... don't worry. I have money to survive. I hope you come back soon though. I miss you." Yuri hung up. God. When will he just come back!? Ever since mum left us...


Tragic life for her so far right?

I tried my hardest not to make this a chapter as i did not intend to rate this story M. Thanks for undestandiny.

~Chirpie~