Thoughts and Depression

Ill Desperations

Her bedroom was small. Her bed took up half the room, and her working table took up another quarter. This left a quarter for her to walk around. But she had the house to herself, so she could store all her stuff in other rooms. The walls are bare white. She did the best she could to keep the room as clean as it could be.

Yuri sighed. The night sky was all dark, except for the moon. There were no stars. Was that a bad omen? She her table lamp and took out her homework. Her mind was not in focus at all. She was still in shock of what just happened. Tears started to roll down her cheeks. I-I can't do this... Ah stuff this homework.

Her hands trembled as she stuffed her untouched homework in her bag. Maybe I could sleep this off?

She crept over to her bed and lay down, pulling the quilt up to her neck, and closed her eyes. But the pain was unbearable. In her groin area, in her chest. She was also starting to get a headache. She started panting. Massaging her sore areas. Trying to calm herself down, and ease the pain. She suddenly burst into tears. Why does life so much for me!? I didn't do anything wrong...

She remembered walking home in the dark, tripping over so many times. She remembered the pain with each movement of her body. She continued crying, tears streaming down her cheeks. She remembered how all she could think of was giving up in her life. What is the point of living anymore?

Then she paused. And gasped.
"What ever happens, don't give up! Please, it's for your future. I believe in you! Fighting!" Her best friend had said that. She was the only other person who knew about her condition. She was the person Yuri kept living for.

I wonder how she is now? She has not seen that person for four years, ever since middle school. She had moved from another city after her mum passed away. She regretted not being able to say goodbye to her friend... I hope she still doesn't hate me for what I did...


The heavy rain poured down onto the two girls who stood face to face in an alley. "P-please Seyoung, can we not do this?" Yuri begged.

"Who was it who made me have to give up my dream, huh? You don't deserve to be forgiven!" Seyoung replied. She slapped Yuri's face.
"I shouldn't have gotten involved with your life, Yuri. I ALWAYS had your back."

Yuri clenched her fists tightly. She felt Seyoung's foot strike her thigh. She gasped in surprise and clutched her thigh, as she wavered, trying to stay standing. Seyoung then grabbed Yuri's wrist holding her thigh, and pulled it away and kicked her in the stomach. Yuri then got more blows from Seyoung, but the kick in the stomach was what she remembered the most. After a few minutes of hitting her as hard as she could, Seyoung kicked her once more in the stomach, and walked away, not looking back once. Yuri lay there, blood staining her clothes from her injuries. She still clutched her stomach, and panted. Her tears were not visible in the rain...


Yuri clutched her stomach. She could still feel the pain. Emotional pain. Should I have said sorry to her? I really should have told her I was leaving, instead of running away...

Yuri closed her eyes once more. The eerie quietness drove her insane. She could still hear her screams and pleas when she was being handled by those two men that day. She breathed deeply, trying to calm herself. I just need to learn to like it... wait, no! I shouldn't! Aish stop being so senseless, Yuri.

Her mind then wondered off to her father. When will he just come back! Is he leaving me? Why... He knows I'm scared alone.
She remembered the happy days when he used to sing her songs to put her to sleep. No wonder why the silence drove her insane. She also remembered her father on the phone that night...


Yuri crept into the room, hearing her dad shout on the phone. "Are you joking!? Seious? Omo... How can this happen..." He then hung up.
She heard him weep. Quietly. She feared what had happened to him. Usually he was a strong man. Why is he like this now? She then smelt wine. He wants to get drunk!? Aish.

"D-dad? Is there anything wrong? I heard you shout on the phone and I was worried..." Yuri started. She stopped when she saw her father's state. His tie was hanging loosely. His hair was messy. Tears rolling down his cheeks. A bottle of wine on his table.

"Yuri-ah, please. can I have some alone time?" He asked quietly.
"Dad, what happened?" Yuri asked again.

"Yuri, please." He reassured her.
"Dad, are you okay? Please! Tell me, I'm not a little girl anymore." Yuri begged.

He sighed. "You really want to know? YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW, YURI? FINE. YOUR MOTHER HAS- she. Left us. Some, bastard hit her car, a-and it hit a tree. She's gone. J-just like that... Cheers." He poured himself another glass and gulped it down. "Please, now leave."

Yuri stood there. Shocked. What did I just hear!?
Tears filled up her eyes. She walked out of the room and back into her own room. And sat there, remembering the good times she had with her mother. She wondered how her father would be like after this.


Yuri took deep breaths. She could not control all these thoughts racing through her mind. I just wished I could live a happy life. Not one where I'm being controlled over. But I just can't do it! Not after I lost Seyoung...

Her father was now a drunk. He lost his job after he hit his boss because he was drunk. He did not get one since. Yuri wondered if he got a job. Could he be in prison!? Aish... She did not want to have to worry about her own dad. She was in school. She was still young. At least I have four part time jobs I work every other day I don't do work for my suppliers... They give me enough money to survive.

Her open window brought in the breeze. It was soothing to her. Calm. Finally, her eyelids felt heavy, and she drifted to sleep.


Don't you feel sorry for Yuri ):

~Chirpie~