The New Girl

Ill Desperations

Yuri walked up to the gates of Jeon-Yong High, nervous about how it was. Were the students kind? Were the teachers kind? The gates were polished, and were a dull red colour. The walls which surroumded it were all in good condition.

There seems to be no graffiti so that seems okay... She thought.

Other students walked into the school in groups. Many in pairs, others in trios and some large groups.

"Ahh Yoona!" Someone called out from behing her. A black haired girl in front of her turn around. She had a pretty face.

"Ah Seo... Hurry up! We must meet the others!" Yoona replied to the person behind her. The girl behind her squealed as she fell. Yuri tuened around fast and caught her before she fell. The girl looked up and smiled, embarrassed.

"Th-thank you..." She muttered. "Ah no worries." Yuri replid. Yoona helped Seohyun up. "Oh. I haven't seen your face here before. Are you new?" "Ah yeah. Nice to meet you guys. I'm Yuri."

She introduced herself and held out a hand. Yoona smiled and shook it. "And I'm Yoona. This is Seohyun. Which grade are you in?"

"Oh 11th Grade." Yuri replied.

"Ooooh same! You know what. I can introduce you to the others later when they arrive! See ya later!" Yoona waved and walked into school laughing with Seohyun. "Such lively kids... Aish I wish I was like that." She muttered to herself as she walked inside.

Inside, the buildings were all tan coloured. The grass was all freshly chopped, and the paths were all neat and uncracked. Students mingled around everywhere, most just standing around talking. They were all delighted to see each other. After, it was the first day back from holidays. There were trees scattered around the school, refreshing the air in the school.

Yuri headed to the office. As she began to wall, she felt her chest tightened. There was a sharp pain in her chest, and it epwas growing. Her hands started to shake. She grunted, and headed towards the girls toilets. She locked herself in one of the cubicles and opened her backpack. Making sure she was silent she took out a white wrapped package and unwrapped it. There was a clear test tube shaped container with green liquid inside. She opened the cap and it all into . The taste was bitter and artificial, but she had grown used to it. She breathed deeply as her vision blurred for a moment. She closed her eyes as they focused again. Her hands were still trembling, and she was sweating. After half a minute, she calmed down and packed up everything. She wrapped up the container again and put it deep down in her bag.

She drank a mouthfull of water to wash down the rest of the liquid, and swallowed. Her mind now focused and she sighed. She put on her bag and walked out of the toilets, heading again to the office.

Inside, she grabbed her application forms and handed them to the person in the office. "You can go see the principal now. She's inthe  first door to the right."

"Thank you." Yuri bowed and headed to the principals office.

"Mm... Yuri, is it?" The principal stood up from his seat. "Nice to meet you. I am Principal Yeon." Yuri bowed.
"Please. Sit down." The principal gestured to the empty seat opposite his desk.

Yuri sat down. The principal did the same. "You look like the quiet type. Are you? Don't be nervous. I won't bite." The principal smiled as he opened a file which had her name on it.

"Here is your timetable, and your fees for textbooks." The principal handed the pieces of paper over. "Your homeroom teacher will be Teacher Min."
There was a knock on the door. "Ah, at the right time. Come in!"

A short, pretty young lady walked in and bowed to the principal. "Ah, it's nice to meet you, Yuri. I'm Teacher Min."
Yuri bowed and smiled. "Nice to meet you too, Teacher Min."
Just then, the bell rang for roll calls.

"Please. Show her to her room and introduce her to the class." The principal nodded.

Yuri followed Teacher Min out of the office, and headed towards a building which is marked by 'Block C'. The building was tan like the others, and was three storeys tall. This school was larger than her previous schools. Her other schools only had one large building, but this one had multiple buildings.

"We are in the classroom C13. It is a literatuture classroom, because I'm a literature teacher." Teacher Min explained.

They walked up a set of stairs and down a hallway. 10...11...12... Inside the classrooms, there were students all seated in their own seats. The desks are all arranged in a grid formation. They all chatted to each other, as they waited for their homeroom teacher.

Room C13 was no different. The students all chatted to each other. As soon as Yuri walked in, she noticed that Yoona and Seohyun were both in that class. She smiled as she followed Teacher Min to the front. Yoona and Seohyun were deep in conversation with 2 other girls.

"Good morning class!" Teacher Min said loudly. The students all stopped talking and looked to the front. "We have a new student today."

Yoona and Seoyung smirked at Yuri. Yuri smiled nervously. "Yuri, please introduce yourself."

"Um... As you know. I am Yuri. I hope you guys will treat me well, and nice to meet you all." Yuri bowed to the others as she finished.

"Yuri, your seat is over there." Teacher Min pointed to an empty seat towards the back of the classroom; the second row from the back. It was closest to the windows opposite to the door. Yuri walked straight to the seat and propped all her stuff down onto the table and sat in her seat. She noticed that at the front, there were a few girls writing notes from textbooks. They seemed to be the 'study-hard, nothing else matters as much as studying' group of students. 

To the side of her, the girls were all on their phones or sleeping. Not paying attention at all to Teacher Min.
"As you all know class, we will elect a class leader and deputy class leader. They will be collecting the roll for us and also announcing any important events happening. This will happen tomorrow. Make sure you choose wisely who you nominate to be class leader."

Shortly after, the bell rang for class. The students all bowed to the teacher and stood and headed to class.


"Yah! New student!" someone called as Yuri was in line to get her food. A group of girls headed towards her. They all looked like the y type. She sighed as she faced them.

"What do you want. I have a name you know." She replied sternly.

"Aish. Don't be so rude to us! Yah. This one is really stern." One of them told the others.

"O please." Yuri rolled her eyes.

"Yah! Stop messing with the new students!" A familiar voice called to them. They all turned to see Yoona with her group of friends. "Hah, what have you to do with our business."

"She's our friend. Go away!" They all pushed the girls away. The girls smirked and walked away.

"Ah don't worry about them, Yuri-ah. They think they have status just because they can sing well and are rich. They dream on becoming KPOP stars in the future. They already made a group name for themselves." Yoona explained.

"Hah really? What is it?" Yuri asked.

"They call themselves 2NE1. A very weird name, huh?" Yoona smirked.

"Ah they're nothing." Yuri arrived at the front of the line and grabbed a tray, and handed it to the chefs to put the food in it.

"Come! Sit with us! I'll introduce you to the others!" Yoona led yuri to the other girls who all sat at one table.


How is this for a first chapter? Hehe ~

I hope this will go well :3

~Chirpie~