Chapter 4

Ms. Delinquent and I

 

 

"What do you mean they came to class?" Taeyeon asked as she rubs her eyes. She just woke up from her sleep when the class ended and now she's walking with Yuri and Sooyoung to the parking lot where Yuri's car is waiting. She always drives Sooyoung and Taeyeon home whenever they're together.

"They were. You were just so busy having fun in your dreamland that you didn't notice." Sooyoung said.

"Hwang couldn't even keep her eyes off-" she wasn't able to continue when Yuri nudged her.

"What?" Taeyeon asked. "Nothing. I was just mumbling about some food I ate earlier." She said as she glares at Yuri and rubs her hurt side.

"So, Taeng, umm I've been hearing some rumors lately." Yuri started. "What rumors?"

"Umm... t-that... Sooyoung's in love with... umm Soonkyu!"

"What?!" The two shouted together.

"What the he-" Yuri hurriedly covered Sooyoung's mouth. 'Play with me' Yuri whispered to her.

"Soo, is it true?" Taeyeon asked.

"Huh? Uh..." Yuri's making signs behind Taeyeon. 'Please just this once!' Yuri keeps on mouthing as she makes begging signs. Sooyoung just sighed. "... yeah, kinda."

"Wow! I never thought she was your type... you guys are complete opposite." Taeyeon said as they continue their walk.

"Yeah... you know, opposites attract." Sooyoung said as she grits her teeth and makes 'You're dead' signs to Yuri which the latter answers with a 'Thanks, I owe you one'.

Yuri then places her arms around Taeyeon's shoulder. "So Taeng, since our shikshin here became honest with us, could you do the same?"

"What do you mean, Yuri?"

"Do you perhaps, like someone?" Sooyoung made an 'oh' after Yuri asked. "Yeah Taeng, you know it would be UNFAIR for me if I'm the only one to confess." Sooyoung purposely emphasized the word 'unfair' since they know how much Taeyeon hates it.

"Hmm..."

Yuri and Sooyoung made a high five behind Taeyeon. "So Taeng?"

"Actually I dont know if you can call this love yet. Infatuation may seem fit for it though."

"Infatuation? Not love?"

 

 

 

TAEYEON'S POV

 

"Yes, infatuation..."

I can’t tell them it’s love. I mean I might have blurted out that word with Tiffany but I wasn't sure yet that time. Disappointment and irritation kinda took over me. How could she just agree?! It's marriage for Pete’s sake! It's not just something you can play with! Does she pity me that much?! It hurts and kinda annoying! What if she gets tired of that little game? She'll just leave? I don't want to tie her up with something she doesn't really want. We may not be the same best friends anymore but I still care for her. This is unfair on her part... and mine too, considering that I'm having these weird feelings whenever she's around.

"Are you really sure?" Yuri asked me. "Yeah, why?"

"Nothing. So umm who is this lucky guy? ... or girl?"

"It's a girl actually..."

"Really?!"

They both seem excited. Well this is the first time I opened up about my 'love feelings' with them.

"I really can't tell you guys, Mianhae"

"That's unfair!"

"At least give us a clue, Taeng."

"I want name Yul!"

"Yah! We'll find her easy. So?"

"Umm you guys know her?"

I kinda made it sound like a question. Well they know her, everyone does. "O...kay? Umm what else?"

"That's all for now!" I said as I run away from them.

"Yah Taeng!" They shouted at me but I just meronged them as I continues running. "Taeyeon stop!" Huh?

It was too late when I looked in front of me, I accidentally bumped to someone. "Ahh!"

"Oh! Sorry!" I told her as I tried to help her up but she just shakes her head. She was wearing a blue hoodie and a cap, also sunglasses? In the afternoon?

"I-I'm sorry..." I said. I just saw a smile from her a very familiar smile.

"Taeng, you okay?" I nod my head without taking my gaze off this stranger. She hands me my eyeglasses I must have dropped them when I bumped to her. "Thanks." As I get it from her our hands brushed against each other and it sent me a weird feeling... it made me shiver... with fear and I can't understand. She was still smiling when she left me. 'Who is she?'

 

"We were trying to stop you but you still continued" Sooyoung said as we walked outside. "Hmm" I just answered. I'm still having this weird feeling from earlier.

 

 

 

 

 

Tiffany's on the parking lot leaning on her car waiting for someone. Her gang left already so she's alone. "Where is she?" She mumbled.

"Excuse me.." a voice called out behind her.

Tiffany turned around and sees a girl wearing a hoodie with big nerd eyeglasses covering her eyes. "Yeah?" Tiffany answered. "Do you... umm know where the dean's office is?" She asked shyly.

"Inside that building." Tiffany pointed at the school building without looking at the girl.

"Where specifically?"

"~sigh~ second floor, west wing. Just go inside." She answered coldly. "Thanks, Tiffany-ssi..." the girl said turning around.

"What? Hey! How did you know me?"

"You're pretty popular everywhere." The girl answered still her back facing Tiffany. "Hmm..."

"Thanks again... please say hi to Kim Taeyeon for me... tell her it’s from her Hyuna..." this made Tiffany stunned. She was about to run to the girl when "Tiffany?" An angelic voice stopped her. "T-Taeyeon..."

"Hwang, you look pale." Sooyoung said. Tiffany tries to look for the girl but she's nowhere to be seen. The three girls are staring at her curiously. "What's wrong, Tiffany?" Yuri asked feeling the weird aura from Tiffany. "Nothing..."

"Why are you still here, Tiffany?" Taeyeon asked as she makes her way to Yuri's car. "I'm here to take you home."

"What? And why would you do that? Yuri always drives us home." Taeyeon looks annoyed. "You are my fiancée so I will drive us home and no one else." Tiffany said sternly. "No, I'm going with Yuri."

Tiffany grabs Taeyeon's bag and hand then she pushes the poor girl inside her car.

"Yah!" Sooyoung was about to stop Tiffany when Yuri holds her hand. "What?!"

" let them be."

"She's forcing Taeyeon.."

 "That's between them."

"You have to tell me what's going on."

"I will inside the car. Let's go."

"Yuri! You'll leave me?" Taeyeon asked softly.

"Leave Kwon" Tiffany said seriously. "See you tomorrow, Taengoo!"

“Yuri-ah!!”

 

 

 

 

"Taeyeon, I'm sorry about earlier. I'm just doing what I’m supposed to do." Tiffany said while focused on driving. "Yeah, and what was that? Force me into something I dont like?"

"You hate me that much, huh?" Tiffany asked which made Taeyeon a bit guilty and shift her attention outside.

"I dont hate you."

"But you said it yourself. You'd rather be with that Hyuna than me, right?" Taeyeon took a deep breath as she continues looking outside.

"Hyuna... she's not who you think she is."

"What do you mean?"

"... you dont know me yet either. You left for a long time, Tiffany."

Tiffany suddenly stops the car and turns to Taeyeon. "What do you mean? I know you!"

"No..." Taeyeon looks at Tiffany she leans her back comfortably at her seat. "You dont..."

They were just staring at each other. Tiffany was about to say something when the cars behind them started honking nonstop. "Argh!"

 Tiffany then starts driving again. "We’re not yet done talking!" She shouted as she focused on driving. "We are..." Taeyeon whispered as she closed her eyes, her mind flying somewhere... somewhere she tried to forget... badly.

 

 

They arrived at the Kim Residence. "Taeyeon, we're here..." Tiffany said she turns to Taeyeon and saw one of her most loved sights... Taeyeon, sleeping innocently like a little child. "Taeyeon-ah..." she said as she reach for Taeyeon's face.

"How could she hurt an angel like you?"

She continued looking at Taeyeon's sleeping face not minding the time or the fact that they arrived at their destination already.

 

 

 

Taeyeon slowly opens her eyes. She feels a bit uncomfortable on her position, sitting. She noticed that she's not in her room; she's still in the car. "What the? Why am I still here?"

She looks around her. It's already dark outside and the time, 7 pm.

"How long have I been here?"

She looks at the front and was shocked at what she saw.

"T-Tiffany?" She whispered.

The girl she mentioned is sleeping on the driver's seat but her position looks so so uncomfortable since she is facing Taeyeon's direction. "Tiffany..." she tucked the lost strand of Tiffany's hair behind her ear.

 "You're the real angel, Tiffany not me, not even a bit."

She said with sad eyes.

She looked outside. "We're here already, huh?" She then opens the door and stretched her body. She then opens Tiffany's door and adjusted the latter so she can then rest comfortably on Taeyeon's arms as she carried Tiffany bridal style to their home.

 

 

 

"Hmm..." Tiffany slowly wakes up smelling the comfortable scent surrounding her in her sleep. "Hmm, Taetae..." she unconsciously mumbled as she grabs the pillow beside her and hugs it tightly.

"Taetae..." she mumbled against the pillow as she inhaled the addicting scent she missed so much.

"Still clingy, huh?" A voice interrupted her peace as she hurriedly sat up and looks at the owner of the voice. "T-Taeyeon?!"

Taeyeon chuckles seeing her reaction. "What? You seemed shock seeing me in MY own room."

"Your room?!" Tiffany then looks around. "That explains the scent..." she whispered.

"What?"

"Nothing. Why am I here?"

"We both fell asleep in the car and I woke up first so I brought you here."

"W-what time is it? I should leave now" Tiffany was about to stand up but Taeyeon stops her. "You really think I'd let you leave this late?"

"I'll be fine, Taeyeon. I can handle myself. And I dont want anyone to know I stayed in your house for a night." Taeyeon scoffs at her. "You drove me home and I'm sure so many eyes saw that. No need to be careful about my image anymore. Besides if Hyuna really will attend our school, she needs to know about you and me. And I'm pretty sure news will spread fast." Taeyeon moves closer to Tiffany. She sat on her bed and looks straight at Tiffany. "You already fine with the fiancée thing?" Tiffany asked Taeyeon. "Yes... for now. But promise me one thing."

 "What is it?"

"If a time will come that i will ask you to leave or not to touch me, do as I say."

"What? Dont touch you? Touch... like?"

"Like this touch..." Taeyeon then touched Tiffany's cheek ad caressed it gently.

"That touch..." Tiffany whispered as she felt her face turn red and then she slowly nods her head. Taeyeon giggles seeing Tiffany's face.

"I really can’t believe they fear you, Fany-ah."

"F-Fany-ah?"

"You just called me Taetae earlier so I think its fine calling you back to Fany-ah, right?"

"Y-you heard me?"

"I didn't mean to. I was just about to get my pajamas and sleep in the guest room when I heard you mumbling some words in your sleep."

Tiffany's face is so so red right now.

"Dont worry I won’t tease you about it."

"... You're not mad at me anymore?"

"I was never mad at you... just... a bit disappointed."

"Why?"

"Because I care for you. I dont want you to just do what they want just because you want to protect me. I dont want you to pity me... I dont want you to get involved with this."

"Taeyeon, I dont pity you. Please dont think that way. You are important to me, very important. I can’t accept the fact that someone hurt you before and I wasn't there to protect you. I didn't even know..."

Tiffany's now tearing up.

"She did horrible things to you and I wasn’t there to stop her... I'm so useless."

Taeyeon pulls her to a hug.

"Tiffany... it was my entire fault. Hyuna... she has a reason. I deserved that."

"What? You deserved to be killed? To be beaten up like there's no tomorrow?!"

"... Yes. She was actually doing all that for my sake."

"Stop protecting her!" Tiffany pulls away from the hug. "I am not protecting her..."

"Then stop saying things that doesn't even make sense! No one deserves to be treated like that. You might have done something to her but it's not enough reason for her to kill you!" Taeyeon was about to say something when a knock on the door interrupted them.

"Ms. Taeyeon, your father said dinner is ready. He also asks you to bring Ms. Hwang with you." A maid said.

"We'll be down in a minute." Taeyeon answered.

"Let's go down first. It’s time to eat." Tiffany nods at her.

"Fany-ah..."

She wipes Tiffany's tears.

"I'll explain everything to you someday. I'll tell you everything about me and Hyuna, arasso?"

Tiffany didn't want them to fight again so she just agreed... but she'll make sure that Hyuna won’t disturb Taeyeon anymore, won’t disturb them anymore.

 

I've decided to change the plot a bit but I won't reveal the changes... yet ^^ hehe

Please don't forget to comment ^^ THANKS!!