Chapter 1

Ms. Delinquent and I

 

I

 


 

"Kim Taeyeon!! Hurry up! You'll be late for school!"

 

My mom's voice awakens me from my deep slumber. I reached for my alarm and I felt my world stopped... 7:45 and class starts at 8!! Oh no! I'm late! I hurriedly grabbed my bag, took whatever clothes were at my reach in my cabinet and ran to my bathroom.

After a few minutes I ran down. "Calm down, Taeng." My dad said as he looked over at me from top to bottom. "Sorry." I hurriedly grabbed a toast and made my way to the door. "Bye!!" I shouted as I closed the door.

 


 

 

Safe!! I made it! 7:59! Whoo! Record breaker!

"Whoa dude! What happened?! You got in a fight or something?!" My dear tanned friend Yuri asked me as I saw her by the entrance. "What? Why?" I also noticed some students look at me. Okay that is weird because I don’t really like attracting attention. I mean, I'm the school's 'nerd' well, I honestly prefer the word 'gifted one' than that so it’s really weird that their looking at me.

"You wanna go to the girl's room first? You look umm how should I put it?? Oh! You look like s**t." She said as she pointed at me.

"What the heck?!" This is one of the rare moments I hear Yuri say such words so it means one thing only... I really look like one!

 

 

 

I hurriedly ran to the girl's room I don’t care if I'm late anymore! This will be the first and last anyway. As I look at my reflection... Whoa! Yul is right! My shirt's not buttoned properly and it's so crumpled, my hairs in a mess, and what is this bruise at my arm? Oh must have got it when I hit my bathroom sink earlier.

I really look like someone who got into a big time fight. I took my glasses from my eyes... yes I wear one, it makes my 'gifted one' aura complete. I wiped it then wear it again.

As I was taking care of my messy self the door suddenly slammed open. An angry looking red-haired girl is glaring at me eyeing me from head to toe. She must have noticed my messy hair, crumpled shirt but her eyes seem to focus on one place only as she furrows her eyebrows. I looked at where she's looking. My bruise?! I hurriedly hid it and looked back at the mirror. She just stayed silent. I'm dead... why? Well, let me introduce her to you. My 'ex-best friend' yes, EX! Her name is Tiffany Hwang, the only daughter of one of the richest family here in Korea, well my family belongs to their inner circle too so yeah we have close families. We basically grew up together and she was the best friend I had until she changed. They went and lived in US for 4 years and when she came back I met the greatest bad girl/ delinquent of all times! She doesn't go to school, creates mess whenever she's here, always involved in fights between other schools and gangs, and the last I heard she beat up a police officer, a high ranking one but she got out because of her family. While me, I'm the good girl. The last trouble I got into was waking up late for school which is today! So basically none I'm shy, smart, calm and I always think first before making any actions and so we kinda drifted apart but there are times when we communicate. Whenever I get bullied she comes fast, and I thank her for that. Well, she's kinda nice to other 'gifted ones' like me so she's not that bad.

I suddenly felt an arm suddenly pulled me.

"Who did this?" She asked calmly not taking her eyes off my bruise. "N-no one..." darn! Why did I stutter?!

"You're lying. Who did this?!" She's now staring at me and she really is scary.

"I swear no one. I accidentally hit the sink earlier." She keeps on looking back at me then my bruise and again back at me.

"Is that true? You're not lying?"

She has a concerned look now which she shows me whenever she comes to my rescue...that look, a look full of pity, I hate it. I took her hand off my arm and again arrange my shirt and my hair. I grabbed my bag and was about to go to class when

"What are you going to do about that bruise?!" She asked me with her husky voice. "~sigh~ it will be gone later." I answered as I continue walking.

 

 


 

 

I arrived in class 15 minutes late and our teacher was surprised. It was my first time so I was only given a warning. I went to my seat and rested my head. I really hate it whenever I see that emotion in her eyes. I feel something crazy inside me and this is the first time I don’t understand something. This is a big question and it really ticks me off that I don’t know the answer to it.

As I was busy in my thoughts I didn't notice someone enter our room. Everyone became so quiet so I looked up and there I saw the primary reason for this uneasiness I'm feeling right now. Her badass aura is all over her so everyone was a little afraid. Even our teacher was rooted on his place. Yuri has this crazy smirk on her face. What's that about?

I saw her coming near to me. I almost fell on my seat because I was moving back away from her. She has this blank emotion written all over her face and she's holding on to some small container. She was now in front of me and I'm feeling so scared. What is she up to?

"Ms. Hwang, may I ask you to leave this room? You are not a part of this class anymore and sudden-"

"Shut up!"

Her voice silenced our teacher, pitiful man. She kneeled in front of me and grabs my arm. "Ouch!" It really hurts! She grabbed me harshly and it didn't help that the part that she was holding was where the bruise is. I notice her bit her lower lip as she focuses on my bruise. S-she's so cute! Ahh! This is not the right time to admire her cuteness.

"T-tiffany, what are you doing?" I whispered to her. She didn't answer instead she opens the small container she was holding and scooped a white jelly from inside and rubbed it on my bruise gently. It hurt at first and I twitched on my chair but she still continued not minding my hurt expression and quiet groans. I felt better seconds later and I focused my attention on her face. Why do they see her as a troublemaker anyway? She's still the same Tiffany from before only a little bolder. I was so focused on her face as she was on my arm that we didn't notice the other inhabitants of this room watching us, especially my best friend and a couple more enjoying the show.

 

After a few minutes she stands up and puts the container on my table. "Put some again later." She said. She diverted her attention to the others. "What?" She asked as she noticed their stares. They all went back to their books. She was about to go out when she faced our teacher who was obviously nervous. She bows her head then left. Seriously, she's really cute. I looked at the container. "Huh?"

 

'SM HIGH CLINIC PRIVATE PROPERTY'

 

Did she steal this or she threatened the school nurse again? Aish seriously that girl.

 

 



 

TIFFANY’S POV

 

"Tiffany, where were you? Don’t tell me you went to class?" My blonde friend, Jessica the ice princess, asked me.

I just got back on the school's rooftop where we usually hang out whenever we're too lazy to go to class. My other friends Lee Soonkyu or Sunny as she preferred to be called was also here and also Kim Hyoyeon our silent dancer. There's another one but seems like that choding is somewhere again.

"No, I didn't. It will just bore me to hell." I said as I lean on the railings. "She went to her damsel in distress again." Sunny teased me. I sent her a deadly glare to shut but she retorted with her annoying aegyo.

"What? it’s true~" she said. Aish disgusting!

"Where's Yoona by the way? I haven't seen that kid's shadow since this morning."

"Probably following your footsteps. She must be following that friend of your angel. Tiffany, how long will you stay as her freaking stalker?" Hyoyeon asked me as she throws a can of soda to me. "What do you expect me to do? Just go right in front of her and tell her Tae, I've loved you ever since we were kids and I was hoping if you could be my girlfriend despite my badass image and your angelic one?"

"Wow, that's one cute confession..." a voice from the door interrupted us. I was as nervous as hell but it all died down when I saw the intruder.

"You damn tanned monkey"

"Whoa there. You were all sweet earlier now you look like a killer. Taeyeon would be afraid if she sees you like that." She said as she raises her hands up as if she's surrendering. "Whatever. What are you doing here anyways? Don’t you have class? Taetae might be looking for you."

"Come on Tiff, she hardly noticed you when you enter our class. What made you think she'll notice me go when she's focused on her book? Besides I said I was going to the bathroom. I just wanna congratulate you for what you did earlier. Cool move. She was smiling like an idiot when you left."

"Really?!" Her words made a silly smile crept to my face and of course turned me into a freaking super red tomato. "Yep."

She turned her attention to our sleeping princess. She moves to her and covers her coat to the oblivious love of her life. Yes, Kwon Yuri is actually 'supposed' to be one of us, the bad kids, but I asked her, well beg her, to pretend to be a good girl and befriend Taeyeon.

When I was in US, I asked these friends of mine to look after Taeyeon while I'm gone but Yuri's the only one who managed to gain her trust and I'm glad about that. I wasn't really the goody good girl ever since I was young. I love fights and problems but since Taeyeon was with me I had to act sweet and all but behind her I always get in fight together with these five. I had to cover up so she won’t know. But it all changed when I got back. I was starting to come out in the US since Taetae wasn't with me to hold me back and control me. Since my father knew already what's the point of holding it in when I get back? He will just take it weird if I become all angelic in front of Taeyeon. And because of that she kinda avoided me. I'm just glad Yuri's with her to be my eye and protect her whenever her obsessed fan girls came torturing her like crazy.

 

As we were busy here just chatting and having slight drinks, Hyoyeon’s phone beeped. It was soon followed by Yuri's phone and I noticed their faces changed. They look so afraid and fear is all over their face. Yuri hurriedly stands up and leaves without even looking back at us.

"What's up with her?! Yuri!!"

My sleeping best friend suddenly woke up because of the name that escaped my lips

"Yuri was here?!" Ugh!

"Hyo, what's up here?!" I asked but received no response. Sunny and Jessica are also curious. "What the heck is wrong with you?!" I shouted completely losing my patience. "She's back..." she whispered.

"Who is back?!!"

 

"Kim Hyuna"

 

"Who the hell is Kim Hyuna?" Sunny asked. Before Hyoyeon can answer my phone suddenly rang. It's Dad.

"Dad? What's up?"

"I need you to come here this instant and if you're at school bring Taeyeon-ah with you."

"Taeyeon? Why?"

"Just do it!" His voice sounded so serious. "Okay, we'll be there in 15."

"And Tiffany"

"Yeah?"

"Don't ever take your eyes off her.”

 

"What? Wh-" but before I can finish he hang up. "Jeez." I turned my attention back to my friends. "I gotta go. You" I pointed at Hyoyeon. "We're not done yet." Then I left them.

 

 

 

"Now Kim Hyoyeon would you mind telling us who this Kim Hyuna is?" As Hyoyeon tells the two girls who Hyuna is their expressions slowly changed.

 

 

 

 


 

 

Tiffany just suddenly barged in like earlier but this time she noticed a huge change of atmosphere. It's very heavy. She also noticed that Yuri's not on her seat instead she's sitting right beside Taeyeon who has a strange expression. This is her first time seeing Taeyeon like this which breaks her heart. She hurriedly makes her way to Taeyeon and grabs her hand.

"Let's go." She said but it seemed like Taeyeon didn't notice.

"Kim Taeyeon"

This time Taeyeon looks up to her with a scared face. This made her blood boil. Why is Taeyeon afraid?! She looks at Yuri who’s focused on Taeyeon.

"Taeyeon get your up. My dad called me and he wants us to go to our place."

She didn't want anyone to know about their family relationship so she whispered it. This seemed to break Taeyeon's trance as she stands up but still with the same expression. Yuri also stands up and grabs Tiffany's hand that was wrapped around Taeyeon's 'go easy on her' she mouthed which confused Tiffany. She just nods her head and left with Taeyeon behind her. The teacher didn't even bother to scold her or call them which again was weird.

 

 



 

 

We were by the school's parking lot when I forgot that I left my keys to Jessica. I looked at Taeyeon. Leaving her for around 10 minutes won’t be bad, right?

 

"Uh, Taeyeon, I'm going to get something inside first and when I come back we'll leave. I'll be fast, okay?"

 

She just nods her head and smiled weakly at me. I don’t want to leave her alone, I feel something bad but if I won’t get the key we won’t be able to leave either. Aish! Why did I even let that princess drive us earlier?! I looked at Taeyeon before I left.

 

 

 


 

 

Taeyeon was just silently looking at the ground. Playing with her shoes and the dirt trying to make a word but she was taken aback when she noticed what she had made. 

'HYUNA' 

the name she feared the most, the name of the person who made her afraid of simple things, the name which made her doubt if the word 'trust' should even exist... the name of the person who almost took her life away.

 

"I didn't know you missed me that much." A familiar voice sent shiver down her spine. "H-Hyuna..." she never thought she'll say that name again... after almost 3 years she's back. Taeyeon is shaking badly and she can’t move nor say anything. 

'Where is Tiffany? Where is Yuri? Or anyone?! Help!' She shouted in her mind. The girl wearing a hood goes closer to her. She has a scary smirk on her face and Taeyeon fears that smirk the most. She tries to move back but her body is not listening to her. Taeyeon is so pale, sweating so much and even shaking non-stop.

"I missed you baby" the girl whispered. She was about to touch Taeyeon's face when a hand stopped her. A very tall girl is looking back and forth between Taeyeon and the hooded girl. "Don’t you dare touch her." She told the hooded girl and harshly throws her hands away from Taeyeon.

The hooded girl has a playful smirk on her face. "We'll see each other again, my love..." she said as she left. The tall girl turns to the pale Taeyeon. "Tae? Tae?! What's wrong?!" She shakes Taeyeon. "Taeyeon-ah!"

"S-soo? Sooyoung!" Taeyeon suddenly hugs her while crying.

"Taeng, what happened?"

But before Taeyeon could answer Sooyoung was suddenly pushed against the car with a very mad Tiffany grabbing her collar. "What the did you do, Choi Sooyoung?!" she looks so furious as if she's ready to kill any moment. "I did nothing Hwang!" Sooyoung answered calmly. "You b**ch then why is she crying?!" Taeyeon hurriedly grabs Tiffany's hands. "She did nothing Tiffany!" Taeyeon said while crying. Tiffany softened and let go of Sooyoung. She hurriedly cups Taeyeon's face. "W-why are you crying?" She asked worriedly. "Let's just go now..." Taeyeon said weakly. Tiffany just nodded as she holds Taeyeon's hand trying to insert the key to the car but she can’t. Her hands are shaking. Seeing Taeyeon in someone else's arms and even crying caused Tiffany to be so angry... so angry that her body felt like blowing up.

"Give me the key." Sooyoung said. Tiffany glares at her. "What? Or you want to kill the both of you if you drive while shaking like that? Besides" she looks at Taeyeon who seems so fragile. "She needs someone by her side. Or you want me to take that role instead?" She said with a smirk. Tiffany throws the key to her as she gently pulls Taeyeon to the backseat. Sooyoung then went to the driver's seat. "Where are we going?"

 

"My place." Tiffany said as she rests Taeyeon's head on her shoulder and wraps her arms around Taeyeon rubbing her arms gently, comforting the crying girl who is now about to sleep. Sooyoung smiles seeing this scene. 'You really can make anyone change Taeyeon-ah'