Chapter 3

Ms. Delinquent and I

III


 

“Yoh Taengoo! Good mor...ning? What's up with your face?” Sooyoung asked as she points at Taeyeon's panda eyes. “~sigh~ nothing. Morning” Taeyeon said lazily as she goes to her seat.

“What's up with her?” Sooyoung whispered while scratching the back of her neck. “Hey Tae, where's the black pearl?”

 

 

 

 

 

“Ugh!” Yuri's slammed against the door of the rooftop.

“Why didn't you tell me?! I told you to be my eyes right?!” Tiffany asked angrily as she hold on to Yuri's collar. “Answer me Kwon!”

“Tiff, stop it” her other friends are trying to stop her even Yoona's present this time.

“Tiffany let us explain properly” Hyoyeon said.

“You, don’t get me started with you too!” Tiffany said pointing at Hyoyeon. “Now answer me, Kwon!” Yuri pushed Tiffany. “How will I do that when you're trying to kill me?! Jeez...”

“Just answer my freaking question!”

“Kim Hyuna, that creep was able to become Taeyeon's friend first before me. It was so hard to talk to Taeng with that girl always around her following her as if Taeyeon was her property. I actually had no idea about what was happening to Taeyeon because she never opened up to me. But one time I saw a bruise by her arm I thought it was just nothing so I didn't bother asking her again and again but everything changed when I saw them by the mini forest behind the school.” Yuri bit her lip as she tries to recall the horror that she saw. “Continue Kwon...” Tiffany said impatiently, her blood is boiling inside already. “I saw Hyuna... beating up Taeyeon... s-she was holding a bat as she kept on hitting Taeyeon... It really was terrible. I called Hyo that time as I made my way to them to stop her. I thought I will be able to protect Taeyeon alone but I was wrong. She was so strong and fast, what made things worst was when her gang came out of nowhere. I was badly beaten up and Taeyeon was crying all the time. Hyo came and I thought we'll be saved but... again I was wrong. None of you was around that time. You and Sica were in the US, Sunny in their province and so was Yoona. Hyo and I weren't able to fight 7 strong people while trying not to blow our cover and protecting Taeyeon.”

Hyoyeon also looked down. She still can’t forget that nightmare they went through because of Hyuna.

“We tried to protect her Tiff. We always make sure to interfere whenever Hyuna tries to hurt Taeyeon again. We wanted to tell you but...” Hyoyeon looks at Yuri. “We were stopped. Hyuna... threatened us. She said she'll tell Taeyeon about us, about you and she even promised to make Taeyeon's life more miserable. She knew about you.” Tiffany was shocked. She doesn't know Hyuna, her name doesn't ring a bell. “You followed her just because of that stupid reason?!”

“Shut up Hwang! That was the only way we could protect Taeyeon that time! We were powerless and weaker compared to Hyuna and her friends. If we could lessen Taeyeon's suffering even a little we'll do it! ! Because of your cowardice to tell Taeyeon the truth we had to act like we don’t know you in front of her! We had to protect you too!”

“Ahh!!” Tiffany shouted. “I am so killing that b*tch!”

“Wait unnie you said gang? What gang?” Yoona asked. “She leads the black Soshi gang...” they all turned quiet after Yuri said it.

“Now you see why we couldn't tell you more? Or even any of you?” Hyoyeon asked. “We won’t survive if we fight those killers that time... they won’t hesitate to plunge a knife inside you. Thankfully Taeyeon would always try to save us. We’re so sorry Tiffany, we tried our best.” Yuri said, tears dropping from her eyes already. Tiffany just leaned her back on the wall by the door. “Sorry...” she said.

“I just can’t accept the fact that someone dared to do that to Taeyeon and I wasn't able to do anything. ~sigh~ she hates me more now and I'm a mess”

“What do you mean unnie? Taeyeon-unnie won’t hate you.” Yoona said. “She does now. Our parents set us up in marriage”

“What?!”                                                                        

 

 


 

FLASHBACK

 

“What do you mean Appa? Me and Tiffany?” Taeyeon asked. “Yes...” Mr. Kim said. “And why would you do that?”

“This is the only way to protect you from Hyuna and her family. No matter how ruthless they are, they respect every promise and vows. If we tell them that this marriage was planned even before Taeyeon met Hyuna they will respect it and stop bothering us. We will tell them that this is a promise between our families. We are willing to show them evidences if they'll ask, just leave that to us. We just need your approval.”

Taeyeon is staring at them with a blank face. She then turned to Tiffany. “You knew?” She asked. “Yeah... and I agreed.”

“This is stupid. You will just let them do that?”

Taeyeon looks angry and Tiffany was scared, yes scared, ever since they were kids she had never seen Taeyeon angry or mad or let out any strong emotions and this if ever will be the first. She hates the idea that much? 

”I want to help you”

“Tiffany, this is marriage! Not just a simple thing! You will surrender your freedom! Do you not get that?!”

“Then what?! You'd rather have that creep marry you?! You'd rather have her torture you and control your life again?! You'll be her ing pet and slave again?!” It was too late when Tiffany realized what she just said. “Tae, I-”

“Maybe I'd rather choose that than have someone who doesn't understand me as my partner forever.”

“Understand you?!” Again Tiffany's anger took her. “What do you mean by that?! How should I understand when it's simple?!”

“... We are different. You're free, I'm not. I'm in love... you're not.” Taeyeon's face looks sad as she said those words. “... In love? You love h-her?”

“If only I could ask my heart to choose who to love I would have done that.” Taeyeon said as she makes her way to the stairs. When she was on the first step she turned back to Tiffany. “And it's not Hyuna whom my heart longs for...” then she left leaving the others thinking.

'Who does Taeyeon love?'

 

 

 

END OF FLASHBACK


 

 

“That's... impossible! I've been with Taeyeon for years now and I never noticed her liking someone or if there really was I bet she'll tell me.” Yuri said. “Do you have any idea, unnie?” Yoona asked Tiffany. “Yoong, it's been 5 years since we last had a proper conversation or any interaction at all so how will I know? Ugh! This is frustrating!”

“Why not just ask her?” Jessica suggested. “And how will I do that? She's mad at me remember?” Tiffany answered annoyed. “Of course I know that. I didn't mean you, I mean Yuri. Maybe Taeyeon was just shy. If Yul will ask her, if she really trusts her, she will give Yul an answer, right?” Jessica said proud of her suggestion. They looked at Yuri. “Fine... I will try my best. This is the least I can do for you to forgive us.” She told Tiffany. “Thanks, Yul.”

“But...” Sunny butted in. “Think about it. Who else is close to Taeyeon?” She asked. “Yuri?”

“Nah! Taeyeon doesn't treat me like I'm special” Yuri said waving her hand. “Then... Sooyoung?” Hyoyeon asked. “That's impossible! No one would like that tall shikshin!” Sunny shouted. “So? Anyone else?” They all looked at Yoona. “What?”

“Seo Joohyun...”

“No way! Hyunnie is too young for her!” Yoona said. They all turned to Yuri. “I told you I-”

“It's not Yuri so stop your stares or I'll take your eyes!” Jessica said and a very cold atmosphere surrounded them. Even Yuri shivered in fear.

 ~ring ring~

“Oh...” Yuri answers her phone. “Yo Taeng!” Everyone looked at her. “Oh uh... I just went somewhere... I'm on my way back, you missed me that much? Taeng? Hello, Taengoo?!” She closed her phone and pouted. “She hang up on me...” Tiffany scoffed and looked happy. “You deserve it...”

“See? It can’t be her...” Jessica said. “I got to go now. See you guys around. And please try going to class. You're all wasting time here...”

“Just go, Kwon...” Sunny said.

Minutes after Yuri left, Jessica picked up her bag. “Where are you going Jess?”

“Class...” they all looked at her.

“What the- are you serious? This is your nap time.”

“I'm not sleepy. Bye!” But before Jessica can leave Tiffany pulled her bag. “What the heck, Tiff let me go!” Tiffany turned to the others.

 

 

 


 

 

Inside Taeyeon's class the teacher is busy writing on the board. The students don’t seem interested, Yuri's dozing off, Sooyoung's munching some snacks while reading a manhwa (manga) even the attentive Taeyeon finds it hard to focus, she's sleepy. How could she sleep last night if that news about her and Tiffany keeps on bothering her? She almost hit her head on the desk when the slam of the door interrupted them all.

Four girls entered the class. They just continued walking taking the seats at the back not minding the stares being thrown at them. Tiffany just waved at the teacher telling him to continue. Yuri's secretly laughing at her friends while Sooyoung continues eating but glances at the four girls who entered. Meanwhile Taeyeon didn't seem to notice. After the door opened earlier her head slowly landed on her desk and she drifted off to her dreamland.

Tiffany just smiled seeing the sleeping girl. She stands up and goes in front of Taeyeon's chair. She just stared at Taeyeon's seatmate and the poor student hurriedly left his chair. Tiffany gladly took it and watches the sleeping 'soon-to-be fiancée' of her.

Yuri then moved from her seat to Tiffany's previous chair, beside her princess who is obviously happy and blushing because of Yuri's move.

Sunny then took her previous chair, beside Sooyoung. Sooyoung just looked down at the blond girl now seated beside her. Sunny then showed her palm to Sooyoung and without a word the latter placed some chips on Sunny's hands. They both just stayed quiet and continued eating while reading their own manhwas.

“~sigh~ this is boring.” Hyoyeon mumbled. “I shouldn't have followed Miyoung...”

“U-umm, y-you're Kim Hyoyeon-ssi right?” A cute girl beside her asked. “Yeah” Hyoyeon answered lazily. “I'm Nicole Jung...” she offers her hand but Hyoyeon just ignored her. “Actually... I'm a big fan of yours.” Nicole said shyly. “What, you love fights and troubles?” Hyoyeon asked with an arrogant smirk. “No... I love to dance” and this completely stole Hyoyeon’s attention.

 


 

 

“Y-Yoona-unnie...” a cute tall girl was surprised seeing 'The Im Yoona' outside their room.

“O-oh Hyu- I mean Seohyun-ah, hello...”

“What are you doing here, unnie?”

“...”

“Are you... planning to enter our class?” Seohyun asked with a smile. “I knew this wasn't a good idea.” Yoona was about to leave when Seohyun grabbed her hand and pulls her inside. Everyone's staring at them especially to the girl behind Seohyun. Seohyun bows to the teacher and Yoona followed her move. They took the vacant seats at the back.

“I'm happy you came, Unnie.” Seohyun said with a very charming smile which made the doe-eyed troublemaker smile and blush.

'Thank you Unnies!!' She shouted in her mind.