Chapter 2

Ms. Delinquent and I

II


 

 

“Choi, thanks for driving us.” Tiffany said with a low voice. Taeyeon is already sleeping on her shoulder and this makes Tiffany calmer than earlier. Seeing the love of her life so fragile like that can turn her into the deadliest devil of all time thankfully Taeyeon was there so she had to control herself.

“No problem. Taeyeon-ah is my dear friend so I wouldn't let anything happen to her. That was my first time seeing her like that. And you... it’s been a while since I saw you that furious.”

“You've been at the peaceful side for so long, Choi. You must be missing me and my anger.” Sooyoung just scoffed at what Tiffany said.

Sooyoung was once a troublemaker like Tiffany. She was one of Tiffany's enemies from other schools before Tiffany left for US. They would always get in a fight whenever their paths meet wherever they are but she changed when she entered SM High 2 years ago, there she met Kim Taeyeon. Taeyeon treated her like a good person while everyone else treated her like . She also learned about Tiffany and Taeyeon from Yuri, who never failed to threaten her about hurting Taeyeon which she never planned to do. How and why would she do that when she even wanted to protect the innocent angel who saved her from hell?

“Why not go to the good side Hwang? Taeyeon would be happy if you'll be her sweet best friend again rather than seeing you crack other people's bones.”

“I don’t want to pretend anymore, Choi. Besides there's no way I'd let Taetae see all those mess. I have to protect her innocence. I'd rather have her hearing things than seeing them herself.” Tiffany caressed Taeyeon's hair as the latter snuggles closer to her feeling the comfortable warmth Tiffany gives off. “Tsk, hearing you call her Taetae makes me puke.”

“Shut up and continue to drive. Hey Choi, what really happened earlier?”

“I told you. I was on my way to school, well not actually since I wasn't really planning to come just spend some time on the cafeteria or something, when I saw Taeyeon-ah by the parking lot. I thought she was with you since I saw your car beside her. I was about to shrug it off and continue on my way when I noticed her super pale. Taeyeon's really white but her color earlier was something and it made me nervous so I hurriedly ran to her and there I saw a hooded girl trying to touch her and obviously Taeng didn't want to but fear seemed to have overcome her so I made a move.”

“Who is that b**ch? Another one of her creepy fan girls?”

“Yah! Be careful with your words! I don’t want Taengoo's innocent mind be corrupted with your words.”

“Just continue with your story.”

“Tsk. I don’t know that girl. I haven't seen her before so I bet she's not from our school. Taeyeon is naturally kind to her fan girls which causes her to attract more and that girl was different. I don’t know her but I sensed one thing from her, trouble. Deep sh*t trouble, Hwang. She even had the guts to call Taeyeon love”

“What?! She called my Taetae what?!” Tiffany's loud voice caused Taeyeon to stir on her sleep but it didn't wake her up. “Aish! Lower your voice Hwang. Jeez, that girl called your Taetae love. But I'm sure that didn't mean anything or the same to Taengoo so calm down. Jeez”

“I'm going to kill her once I saw her. I'll make sure she'll suffer first before that happens.” Tiffany said with a very scary smirk. “You creep me out.”

“Yah, you were like me before so shut up. By the way Choi, Kim Hyuna, do you know her?”

“Nah. Never heard of her.”

“Useless.”

“What?! How dare you call me useless?”

“What? You want to stop somewhere and fight me?”

“Stop tempting me, Hwang. I don’t want Taengoo to see that side of mine. She knew that I got in some sort of trouble before I came to SM but she has no clue about our cute history. And I bet you wouldn't want her to know either right? You wouldn't want her to know that while she was busy practicing her piano to show you or busy baking cookies for you, you were out somewhere kicking people's and trying to get a fist land on my face. You and your friends.”

“I'll make sure she won’t know. I'm fine with her thinking that US taught me that. If she'll know I was like that even before US I bet she'll feel betrayed and deceived she'll surely stay away from me more.” Tiffany said as she looks at Taeyeon's peaceful face. “You really love her, huh?”

“More than anything...” Sooyoung just smiled seeing Tiffany like this. The girl she used to fight with is just like a normal girl so in love with someone, and she too care for that someone.

 

 

 

 

Minutes later they arrived in Tiffany's place. Sooyoung helped Tiffany take Taeyeon out of the car and carry her bridal style on Tiffany's arms. “Your key”

“Drive it to your home”

“Huh?”

“I don’t want you to get in some trouble on the road walking so take it with you for tonight. I don’t want Taetae to get angry at me. Just take care of my baby or I'll peel you alive if I see a single scratch from it.” And with that Tiffany walks towards their home.

“Tsk, you're not a badass Hwang. Stop acting like one.”

 

 


 

 

 

“Taeyeon-ah!!” Mrs. Kim hurriedly ran to Taeyeon. “Miyoung-ah, what happened?!” She asked Tiffany. “I'll explain everything later. I want Taeyeon to get some proper rest on a bed first.” She told the lady with a smile on her face which the lady reciprocated. “Thank you, Miyoung-ah...”

 

 

 

Tiffany brought Taeyeon not to the guest room but to her room, on her bed. She made sure that Taeyeon's tucked in properly, the temperature perfect and the light won’t disturb her even a bit. She caressed Taeyeon's hair as she watched her sleep so peacefully. “I'd always watch over you...” she let her hand roam on Taeyeon's silky smooth face, memorizing every single trait of her love's face.

“I'll always protect you no matter what... I love you... so much.” She then kissed the tip of Taeyeon's nose then her forehead.

 

 

 


 

 

 

“Miyoung, what happened?” Mr. Hwang asked her daughter. “I-I left her for a while and when I came back she was crying in our friend's arms.” Tiffany said looking down. “What?! Didn't I tell you to look after her and not take your eyes off her even for a bit?!” Mr. Hwang looks so angry. Mrs. Kim went to calm him down meanwhile Mr. Kim goes to Tiffany and smiles warmly at her. “Thank you for being there for Taeyeon. I know you didn't mean that to happen. You still came, right? You still ran to her side.” He said softly. These words made Tiffany's defense down. Tears fell from her eyes as Mr. Kim hugs her. “There there. I know how much you love our child, Tiffany and I'm so thankful and happy for that.”

“I'm so sorry...” Tiffany said. Mrs. Kim goes to hug her too. “No, it’s no one's fault...” she said.

Seeing his tough daughter break down like this breaks Mr. Hwang's heart. The last time he saw her daughter like this was when her mother died and the day he told Tiffany they'll be moving to US. He cleared his throat as he goes to hug her daughter. He knows how much Tiffany loves Taeyeon, more than a friend. Yes, he knows. He also knew about Tiffany's true nature ever since she was a kid and he noticed Tiffany's change whenever Taeyeon’s with her and right at that moment he accepted Tiffany and her real self... that's how much he loves his only princess.

“I'm sorry Princess... I'm not angry and trust me Taeyeon-ah will be just fine...” he said.

 

 

 

 

They are all settled on the Mr. Hwang's study area. “~sigh~ Tiffany, are you sure you didn't see that girl who approached Taeyeon?” Mr. Hwang asked. “No dad. Our friend said she was wearing a hood so she didn't see either. W-what's wrong? Is there something you're not telling me?” She asked the three. “There's a possibility that it is her. We can’t ask Taeyeon about this since it will be a sensitive matter for her.”

“Dad, who is this person?” The three looked at each other. They're contemplating whether to tell Tiffany or not. It might cause more trouble if ever.

“Dad who is that freaking girl who hurt Taeyeon?!”

“Kim Hyuna...” Mrs. Kim said. “Kim Hyuna? Who is this Kim Hyuna?!”

“Kim Hyuna... she... she tried to... kill Taeyeon before.”

This news made Tiffany's world stop. Someone threatened Taeyeon's life before but how come no one told her?! Not even her father or even her friends?! “When?” She managed to ask. “When you were in US.” They noticed the deadly aura coming from Tiffany right now. “Tell me more...”

“Kim Hyuna, well, she's... she's one of the girls who became obsessed with Taeyeon, so obsessed with her. She befriended Taeyeon a month after you left. Taeyeon even introduced her to us as a friend. But their friendship took a big turn months after. Hyuna was so obsessed with Taeyeon that she took our child as her own property. She prohibited Taeyeon from talking to others or even a simple communication wasn't allowed. She would hurt Taeyeon whenever she broke their agreement. Taeyeon used to go home with bruises all over her body and our cheerful child turned into a sad one. She preferred being alone all the time if Hyuna wasn't with her. But I think a time came when Taeyeon fought already and that almost caused her life. W-we just saw her on the hospital bed. She has bruises all over her body. Her white skin was covered with violet and blue colors all over. She was covered with bandages and she cannot move nor speak. She stayed there for almost 3 months. And it really broke our hearts...”

Tiffany was left speechless. Her heart was slowly torn apart, so torn.

“But Kim Hyuna left Seoul after that. After two years of complete hell with Hyuna, Taeyeon was slowly able to move on. But now we received a message that Hyuna is now back here in Seoul...”

“Why didn't you tell me?!! Two years?! Two freaking years! I had no idea what was happening to Taeyeon!”

“She was the one who asked us not to tell you! She didn't want to bother you so she asked us to be quiet. She even begged us not to tell the police about Hyuna. We won’t be able to do anything anyway since Hyuna belongs to the family who owns SM High... she belongs to one of the most influential family in the world, even higher than us maybe that's why Taeyeon wants us to not do anything. She was also protecting us.”

“F**k that! She tried to kill Taeyeon and we can’t even do a thing?! What, were just going to let her bother Taeyeon again?! No way! I won’t let her touch even the tip of Taeyeon's hair!” The three looked at each other, meaningful looks.

“What? What's wrong?!”

“T-their family... t-they want an arranged marriage... between Taeyeon and Hyuna...” Mr. Hwang said. “A-arranged marriage? No! They'll have to get through me first before they get to Taeyeon!”

“T-tiffany... we don’t know what to do too. We don’t want to agree but they threaten us. They want a proper reason and if we fail to give one they will bring us down unless we give Taeyeon to them.”

“Having a lunatic as Taeyeon's future wife isn't enough for them?!” These words gave an idea to the two men. They gave meaningful looks at each other. “Tiffany... we have an idea but will you agree?”

 

 


 

 

 

Tiffany is on the couch inside her room carefully staring at Taeyeon. “Will you like the idea of being with me? Or accept it even? Will you choose to be with me than that Hyuna, Taetae? Will you be angry and hate being paired up with the school delinquent?” Tiffany whispered. She sat down beside the bed and rests her head in front of Taeyeon. She reached for the latter's hand and squeezed it gently. She also placed a soft peck on it. “I will do everything to protect you...”

“Hmm...” Taeyeon slowly opens her eyes and they were both stunned seeing each other's face just inches away. Tiffany immediately blushed and moved away.

“C-crap... my heart...” she whispered as she holds on to her chest.

“Tiffany...” Taeyeon called her. “Y-yeah?” She answered without looking back. “Am I on your bed?” Taeyeon asked as she sat up and leans her back on the head board. “Yeah...” Tiffany gets up and goes to the couch. “It's been a while since I slept on your bed.”

“Y-yeah...” Tiffany's not looking at her. “Did I do something?”

“Huh? Why did you ask?”

“Why are you not looking at me?” Despite her red face she looked at Taeyeon shyly. “S-sorry...” Taeyeon just smiled at her. “I'm hungry... you?” Tiffany's mind has been occupied by other things that she forgot about eating. “Kinda...” she answered. “Let's go?” She offered her hand to Tiffany and the latter grabs it happily.

 

 

 

 

There were no more foods available and there were no on else in the kitchen or downstairs so Taeyeon offered to make some for them. Since Tiffany was pretty much useless in the kitchen she just sat down by the table watching Taeyeon move around and prepare everything. Taeyeon looks so seriously cute while preparing their food. “Tiffany...”

“Hmm?”

“What happened in the US?” Taeyeon asked her seriously. It’s been a year since she came back but this is the first time Taeyeon asked her something relating to her change. “Umm, Dad was always busy, Taeyeon. I met new friends and they kinda taught me how to be like this.” She answered hoping that Taeyeon won’t ask anymore. “Are you happy?”

“... Yeah.” Taeyeon just nods her head. “Are you... disgusted?”

“What? What kind of question is that? You are, well were, my friend and I will always accept you no matter what you are “

Were huh?”

“You were the one who avoided me.”

“I was just taking care of your image”

“There's no image to take care of.”

“Tae... umm this Kim Hyuna-” Taeyeon accidentally dropped the plate she was holding good thing it didn't break. “H-how did you know about her?”

“She was the girl earlier right? Why didn't you let them tell me?”

“Because it doesn't concern you.” Taeyeon answered without looking at Tiffany. “Why? Because I'm not your friend anymore?”

“~sigh~ Tiffany, let's not talk about her anymore. My mind is in a complete mess right now and I just want to eat.” Tiffany just turned quiet.

Taeyeon placed the food she prepared on the table. They were eating in silence when the parents came to them.

“Taeyeon-ah, you're awake.” Mr. Hwang said. “Good, you two are together now we can talk about the plan easily” Mr. Kim said.

 

 

 

“Taeyeon-ah you'll be engaged to Tiffany.”