o n e

S M f a m i l y
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Grandfather.

 

"You should find him, my dear." Grandpa told me silently. "Who, harabeoji?" I asked him, confused. He coughed and I patted his back worriedly, being extra careful because he is sick. "Oh, careful there, harabeoji."

"He's the only one you have now, Rim-ah. Find your uncle." 

"Eh? Who? And no, harabeoji, I always have you."  I said as I helped him sat up. Why do I feel like the only one left I have and trust in this world will leave me too?  I shook my head and erased the awful thought. 

"Yes, my Rim I know. He's your uncle. The information I have about him is in that small drawer, filed in a folder."

I hurriedly go and searched for the said folder. "Is this it?"

"Yes, that. And, just one thing.. He probably doesn't know you exist because it's been years since his last visit here. He's the one who supported us through all these years ever since that tragic accident. He's a really busy, rich man working on one of the Seoul's biggest entertainment company. I don't have much contact on him since then, he must be really busy so I'm sorry for the little info I have." He paused, catching his breath. "Go to Seoul, find him and tell him about my condition... about our condition." I nodded, noting every words he said.

"Tomorrow, I'll let you by yourself from then on, hmm? Take care, my Hyunrim. Old grandpa can't take care of his adorable Hyunrim anymore, mianhae." What is my grandpa saying? Is he really leaving me now? Well maybe not now, maybe sooner...

"How about you here, harabeoji? Will you be fine?" I asked him. He nodded and smiled at me, "Of course, Seojun will take care of me while you're gone. I've talked to her about this already." I just nodded silently and hugged him tightly savoring the moment. "Saranghae, harabeoji. Thank you for everything." He smiled and with that he slumbered back to sleep, feeling tired as ever.

"Take a really good care, arabeoji." 

 

 

 

"Ahhh~" I puffed my cheeks and heavied a tired sigh as I came out of the bus. "What a long ride~" I stretched my arms and feel the air hit my face. "Oh Seoul, you are wonderful." A smile slowly formed on my face.

I spotted a bench and decided to take a short rest-- when suddenly, someone from the back grabbed my shoulder bag - real fast. A shriek escaped my mouth and I came stumbling forward the thief.

Nervousness has taken over me and I shouted, "Thief, thief! Omo! Help!" I slowed down, feeling hard to breath.  I suddenly bumped hard onto someone, making both of us fall on the ground. I heard the man groaned, but he is not my focuse now.

Ahhh! I can't loose the thief! I have all the important things there! Money, cellphone, the information! I'm doomed! I immediately stand up, but a sudden stabbing pain hit through my chest and I can't help but fall down on my knees.

Mumbling something, I pointed to the now-far-running thief infront of me. "Help, please... My things are there..." I clasped onto my chest, feeling the air slowly make their way out of my lungs. Not this time, please... was the last thing I thought and the darkness consumed me.

 

 

 

I stirred in my sleep because I felt someone poked my cheeks many times. Then someone poked me again. On my nose, cheeks and forehead. Aiiish, can't they see, I'm sleeping. Then it suddenly hit me, the reality. Sitting up straight, I flew my eyes open - finding 1, 2, 3, 4 and the count goes on until 12 - looking at me with shocked expressions.

"Oh! You woke her up!"

"Yah, maknaes, how can you poke her many times!"

"Her cheeks seems to be so fluffy!"

"Yeah, I tried hard not to poke it too."

"She should be having her rest, you punk, why d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter