Chapter 9

A Winter Miracle

Sorry? I know I took forever but... it's here. *sheepish*

Enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Winter Miracle – Chapter 9

 

Christmas Eve passed by in a blur to Jiyong. Once more people came over and made tons of noise that had his head spinning. At one point Michael had pulled Seunghyun aside and they had spoken and then gone outside for a bit. Jiyong had a good suspicion about what it was about.

 

When it was nearing the afternoon everyone was once again saying their goodbyes until a couple walked up the steps both angry.

 

“Lee Seunghyun!”

 

Jiyong raised an eyebrow when he looked at Seunghyun but was startled when Seungri dashed to him and hid behind his legs.

 

Seunghyun sighed “They’re Seungri’s parents. I guess they finally noticed their son was missing” he walked to greet them outside as everyone turned to look at the angry couple.

 

“Where are you keeping my son?!” the woman shrieked as she glared at Seunghyun. “He’s been here for two days. Maybe you should have called me to make sure he was okay. Oh wait… you were probably too drunk to notice” he icily hissed before turning to go back to his house.

 

“Come on Seungri” He said softly as he coaxed Seungri from behind Jiyong.

 

The boy started to cry as he let Seunghyun carry him.

 

“Can’t you do anything? You’re a cop” Jiyong turned to Michael “The boy obviously doesn’t want to go home with his parents, there’s obviously a problem.” Jiyong glared as he took Seungri from Seunghyun.

 

Michael sighed “I can’t do anything at this point in time neither have done anything that would warrant me to call the state to have the boy removed.” “Obviously not, they don’t hit him they neglect him” Jiyong hissed as he patted the boy who was clinging to him.  

 

Michael sighed he knew how broken the system was and especially when the child was not in immediate danger. “Come on kiddo I’ll go with you to your parents’” Michael carefully shouldered the sniffling boy.

 

“Does Seungri really need to go?” Daesung asked as he stood next to Seunghyun. His handing holding unto Seunghyun’s arm. “I’m sorry kiddo his mom and dad are here to get him” Michael ruffled Daesung’s hair before turning to leave.

 

“Bye Seungri, Merry Christmas, I’ll see you tomorrow?” Daesung called to his friend as they walked out unto the porch where Michael paused so Seungri could answer Daesung with a nod.

 

“This is stupid” Jiyong mumbled to himself as he watched as Michael loaded the couple into the SUV with chains on his tires. Sighing he plopped down on the step outside and heard through the door as Seunghyun asked Daesung what he wanted for dinner.

 

Laying back he shivered as the cold bled into his jacket. The weather had cleared up, no more ice, he though happily, but that meant that it would melt soon. The weather reporter had said that with a couple of days more major roads would be drivable again and Jiyong was pretty sure then he would be able to move his car from under the mountain of ice it was currently under.

 

“Hey, your phone was ringing” Seunghyun spoke as he opened the door, phone in hand. “Thanks” Jiyong smiled and took the offered device. “You want anything? Daesung went for the casserole want me to heat you up some?” Seunghyun asked as he watched Jiyong check his phone. “Sounds good, thank you”
 Jiyong nodded as he hit reply to the caller.

 

He spoke to Youngbae for a few minutes. He was glad the man was alright, he was currently staying in a hotel in Dallas since all flights were grounded. The man had offered to pick him up but Jiyong denied it by saying it was still dangerous to drive on the roads.

 

“You sound weird what wrong with you? Are you sick?”

 

“No I’m fine, a bit cold since I’m outside but I’m healthy” Jiyong denied.

 

“Take care of yourself. And I know something’s bothering you but you’ll tell me in time. This we were supposed to be back in LA by now. Oh well guess I’m spending Christmas with all these poor fools whose flights were also grounded.”

 

Jiyong laughed “I bet it’s gonna be awesome. Who knows you might actually meet the one in there somewhere or just someone who’s really good in bed.”

 

“Hey don’t tease me now. Sounds like an awesome idea though. I might go out and see who is hanging around and lonely.”

 

“Taeyang the heartbreaker”

 

“Whatever. I’ll see you soon alright? Don’t spend Christmas moping around now.”

 

“I know, I promise I won’t. Bye and be good don’t get in trouble with the law” Jiyong said as he smiled at the thought of his goody-two-shoes friend causing trouble.

 

They hung up and Jiyong went inside sighing in relief at the warmth inside.

 

“Hey glad you made it in time! Food is ready” Seunghyun grinned as he pulled a plate out of the microwave.

 

They ate in companionable silence, the casserole was delicious and Jiyong couldn’t help himself back from getting a second helping of it.

 

Without Seungri to make extra chatter Daesung fell asleep on the couch as he watched TV.

 

“He misses him” Seunghyun spoke softly as he sipped his coffee “I bet. He has a brother but having someone his own age around is important too” Jiyong agreed as he looked over at the TV. “Michael brought you something for him, right?”

 

“Yeah it’s in the shed outside I’ll get it when I put him to bed. Need to find some cookies in the mess of food Michael brought me” Seunghyun said as he peered into one of the bags still on the table.

 

“Come on, let’s clean up and sort through all this food and then we’ll watch a movie or something. It’s still early” Jiyong suggested as he grabbed all the plates and took them to the sink to wash.

 

Between the two of them they cleared the table and washed the dishes, before they went through all the bags of food Michael had brought. Finding delicious ginger cookies Jiyong stuffed on in his mouth and moaned as the sweet flavor invaded his taste buds.

 

“These are delicious! Santa is going to love them” he giggled as he grabbed another one and whined softly when Seunghyun took a bite of it. “They really are” he smirked before pecking Jiyong on the lips before walking away to put the rest of the food into the fridge.

 

Jiyong could feel his whole face heat up in embarrassment, he swore silently as he shook his head.

 

Waking up Daesung, Seunghyun ushered the boy to get his pj’s on and set the milk and cookies for Santa. The excitedly did as told and helped pour the milk into a cup and then set three cookies on a plate. The two adults watched as the boy moved the coffee table next to the tree then grabbed the glass and plate from the kitchen table setting on it. Standing with a satisfied smile on his lips he gasped and ran back into his room.

 

Jiyong watched as the boy dragged his backpack into the room and dug through it. And produced a paper key with and bag of glitter and oatmeal.

 

With the help of Seunghyun they hung the key on the doorknob and then sprinkled the glitter and oatmeal along the porch and some out on the ice in front of the porch.

 

“Alright kiddo time for bed. Come on Jiyong go get dressed for bed. Otherwise Santa isn’t going to come if we’re not asleep” Seunghyun ushered as he locked the door and went to turn off the lights in the kitchen.

 

With a laugh both Jiyong and Daesung went to get ready. The boy literally flew unto his bed, hugging a pillow as Seunghyun pulled the blankets from under him. “Now go to sleep and goodnight. I’ll see you tomorrow morning” Seunghyun sat next to Daesung and rubbed the boy’s back. “Night hyung.”

 

Jiyong walked away from the boy’s bedroom and went into the bathroom to put on his pajamas that he had left there that morning. Taking care of himself he left the bathroom and sat in the living room waiting for Seunghyun.

 

He messed on his phone for about half an hour before Seunghyun finally came back into the living room jacket and boots in hand.

 

“Where are you going?” Jiyong asked softly as he spotted the man.

 

“Well someone needs to alert Santa that the place is ready for him” Seunghyun winked as he dawned the heavy jacket and put his boots on.

 

Giggling softly Jiyong turned completely and watched as Seunghyun moved to the door.

 

“Do you need help?”

 

“No I’ll be good” Seunghyun shook his head as he grabbed the flashlight hanging next to the keys.

 

Jiyong watched as Seunghyun left through the door, sighing he stood and decided to make some tea. He grabbed the two bags of green tea and put them into two mugs as he poured the boiling liquid into each mug. He turned hearing the door and blinked in surprise as the man came in with a large bag in hand. Carefully setting the bag down he quickly went down the hall to peek into Daesung’s room.

 

Jiyong turned and poured honey into the two mugs before carrying them over the end table next to the couch. He opened the bag and smiled at the neatly wrapped presents inside. Taking them out he set them under the tree. The biggest one he noted was for Daesung, he chuckled truly wondering what it could be, for a minute he even wanted to shake it but he held himself back and just put it under the tree with the rest of the presents.

 

Seunghyun came in dressed in his sleep pants and shirt and smiled seeing the presents under the tree. “Thanks for putting them under the tree” he sat and gladly took the offered mug from Jiyong.

 

“How are you feeling? Your shoulder I mean” Jiyong asked as he sipped his tea glancing over at Seunghyun. “It’s fine, a little stiff but the arm exercises help a lot” Seunghyun said as he drank from his own tea enjoying the taste and warmth.

 

Nodding Jiyong leaned forward sat his tea down and stole a cookie from the plate next to the tree.

 

“Thief.”

 

“I’m pretty sure Santa wont mind” Jiyong smiled as he bit into the soft cookie enjoying the taste. “I’m sure he wont” Seunghyun agreed and leaned closer taking a bite smiling as he chewed on it. Setting the cookie on the plate Jiyong moved closer to Seunghyun.

 

Sitting next to the man he placed his head on the man’s shoulder. Jiyong closed his eyes and took in the silence only broken by the subtle tic-tock of the clock on the wall and warmth of the man sitting next to him.

 

Jiyong was somewhere between awake and asleep when the clock chimed midnight. Turning his head slowly he glanced at the clock and smiled seeing that sure enough the clock had struck twelve.

 

Moving Jiyong bodily turned and looked at Seunghyun’s face. The man was looking at him with shining dark eyes “Merry Christmas Jiyong.”

 

“Merry Christmas to you too” Jiyong whispered before moving forward laying his lips over the man’s own.

 

The kiss was soft and tender with a few swipes of their tongues before both pulled away a blush covering both of their cheeks. Both moved so they were more comfortable with Jiyong straddled over the man’s lap his arms wrapped around his neck fingers tangled into soft black hair.

 

Seunghyun smiled softly as he reached up and caressed a soft cheek with his fingers “The ice is going to melt soon.”

 

Jiyong closed his eyes and felt a tightness in his chest “I know.”

 

Opening his eyes once more Jiyong leaned in and kissed Seunghyun once more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments are love. :)