Chapter 6

A Winter Miracle

So did this take forever or what? I'm so sorry but being a double major is really kicking my right now. I finally got around to actually updating this. I am sensing that it'll probably end in a chapter or two we'll. 8) Anyways I hope you all enjoy this.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A Winter Miracle – Chapter 6

 

Jiyong awoke suddenly when he felt someone small climb into the bed with him. The sound of crying further pulled him from sleep. He opened his eyes and saw that Daesung was kneeling next to him with tears streaking down his face.

 

“Hey… what’s wrong?” Jiyong asked his voice rough with sleep.

 

“Hyung… where’s my hyung?” the boy asked in a broken whisper as his dark eyes looked at him.

 

“Oh sweetheart, he’s in the other room” Jiyong sat up “Come here.” Jiyong gathered the crying boy and carried him to where Seunghyun was sleeping.

 

“Thank you” Daesung murmured before carefully moving closer to Seunghyun his small arm wrapped around the other and closing his eyes.

 

Seeing the boy happy Jiyong left to go back to sleep.

 

~

 

It felt like he had only been asleep for a few minutes when he felt another small body climb on top of him. Opening his eyes he saw the teary eyes of Seungri looking at him.

 

“What’s wrong Seungri?” he asked as he blinked the heavy sleep from his eyes.

 

“Hyung” Seungri whimpered “Daesung’s gone. I can’t find him. He’s not under the bed or the bathroom. What if someone took his hyung?”

 

“Shhh It’s okay. He’s not gone, he’s sleeping with Seunghyun” Jiyong shushed the boy as he wiped the boy’s tears with the bed sheets. Standing once more with a boy wrapped around him he made his way to the room where Seunghyun and Daesung were sleeping.

 

Entering the room he couldn’t but smile seeing the brothers peacefully asleep. Walking to the other side he pulled the blankets back and laid the boy next to Daesung.

 

“There you go. Sweet dreams” Jiyong whispered as he covered the boy up with the blanket. “Hyung sleep with us” Seungri wrapped his fingers around Jiyong’s arm. “I can’t kiddo, now go to sleep” Jiyong whispered as he gently uncurled the boy’s fingers from his arm.

 

“Just for a little bit? Please?” Seungri pleaded his hands grabbing unto Jiyong’s arm.

 

Jiyong didn’t have the heart to deny the poor kid, who looked like he was about to start crying.

 

“Okay only for a little bit though” Jiyong murmured as he once more pulled back the blankets on the bed. Settling himself down on the edge of the bed, Jiyong glanced at Seunghyun, who was deeply asleep, probably the effects of the painkillers he thought. Laying down he couldn’t help smiling when he felt the boy curl up against him.

 

I’ll get up when he falls back asleep, Jiyong thought but even as the thought came into his mind, the warmth surrounding him lulled him to sleep.

 

~

 

The next time he awoke, Jiyong knew it was morning considering how light filtered through the floral curtain on the window. The weight of a body over his body made him slightly uncomfortable and overly warm. Shifting slightly he smiled hearing the boy on his chest grumble. Turning his head he was startled seeing Seunghyun’s dark eyes looking at him.

 

The man held up a finger to his lips and then pointed to the door. Jiyong watched as the man carefully sat up and stood subtly stretching. Seunghyun turned and smiled as Jiyong struggled to get out of Seungri’s koala hold.

 

Jiyong sighed quietly as he rolled unto his side, Seungri tightening his hold on him. With tenderness he removed the boy’s arms from around him and quickly stuffed a pillow between them so the boy could latch unto it. Safely latched onto the pillow, Seungri stopped whining and snuggled the soft fabric.

 

Yawning Jiyong stood and walked around the bed to the door where Seunghyun stood a grin on his handsome face.

 

“Morning” Jiyong whispered as he stood to the side as Seunghyun pulled the door to the bedroom closed. “Mornin’ you were out. Officer Brown called a few minutes ago” Seunghyun spoke “the phone rang for quite a bit.”

 

“I’m sorry, I guess I was really tired” Jiyong apologized as he ran his fingers through his hair. “Can I use your bathroom and maybe an extra toothbrush if you have one?” Jiyong asked quietly. “Yeah sure” Seunghyun nodded as he walked into the bathroom and opened drawer by the sink and ruffled through it. He sighed as he found a brand new still-in-it’s-package toothbrush. “Here you go” he handed it to Jiyong as left the bathroom.

 

Taking care of business and washing his face and then brushing his teeth Jiyong felt refreshed as he walked out of the bathroom.

 

“So… I didn’t mean to fall asleep in the bed. Seungri asked me to stay with him” Jiyong stood by the counter. “I figured, he really likes you. I could tell from the moment he laid eyes on you” Seunghyun smiled “You’re his first crush.” “Shut up, that’s a little boy” Jiyong crossed his arms as he watched Seunghyun move to set up the coffee maker.

 

“I know, I know but it’s still cute seeing him like that” Seunghyun said as the air filled with the aroma of coffee. “Glad it makes you feel better” Jiyong pouted but thank the man when he was handed a cup of the black liquid. “Not sure how you like it so… you can fix it” Seunghyun smiled as he went and sat at the table.

 

“So you said Officer Brown called, what he say?” Jiyong asked as he stood and dressed up his coffee. “Yeah he said that the roads are as icy and under snow as ever… ‘never seen so much white stuff in all my years’ his words, but he told me that Mr. Richardson finished his sled so they’ll be making a trip up here to see us and to drop off your things since you left them at the inn” Seunghyun spoke softly as he sipped his coffee savoring the rich taste of the hot liquid.

 

Sitting at the table next to Seunghyun, Jiyong turned his attention to him “So… tell me about you. Seems like we’ll be roommates for a while. Where you’d go to high school? You’re parents? Any past relationships?” Jiyong asked in rapid fire succession. Seunghyun snorted softly as he heard the last question “I’ve been a parent I don’t have time for relationships.”

 

“Oh don’t be like that” Jiyong said into his coffee “Come on at least tell me about your last girlfriend or boyfriend as the case may be.” “What is this? It feels like one of those fifteen minute dates where you find everything you can about your date” Seunghyun chuckled as he shook his head turning his dark eyes to the pink haired man who was looking at him. “Then let’s act like it is, let’s make it a coffee date” Jiyong grinned as he leaned in closer.

 

Seunghyun couldn’t help the stirring of attraction go through him at having such a pretty face so close to his own and this time he was not under the influence of medication to deny it.

 

“Come on Seunghyun indulge me yeah? It’s been so long since I’ve been on a date with someone as good looking as you” Jiyong gushed as he grinned at Seunghyun his eyes turning up at the corners making his features all the more so prettier.

 

Seunghyun was saved by two energetic boys that burst into the room.

 

“Hyungs!”

 

“Hyungs!”

 

Seunghyun smiled and greeted his brother hugged him carefully and he could help but chuckle as Seungri gravitated towards Jiyong who gladly held the younger boy.

 

“Good morning, what’s for breakfast?” Daesung asked with a smile as he turned to his brother and then looked over at Jiyong who was sipping his coffee with one hand and holding Seungri with the other. “Not sure yet. I take a look in your kitchen then I’ll decide” Jiyong winked at the two beaming kids. “You two go wash your faces and brush your teeth then watch some TV we’ll call you when it’s time for breakfast” Jiyong shooed the two kids from the room.

 

“You take charge so easily” Seunghyun pointed out as Jiyong stood with his cup in hand flittered around the other’s kitchen. “It’s how you get things done Seunghyun, so what do you have in here for breakfast other than cereal and milk?” Jiyong answered as he opened up a cupboard and looked inside. “I should have some instant pancake mix in the cupboard next to the fridge and I think I have some sausages in the fridge or they could be in the freezer” Seunghyun answered as he stayed seated as he watched Jiyong fetch the unopened box of pancake mix.

 

The two kids noisily moved from the bathroom to the living room where they the TV. Sufficiently distracting Seunghyun from staring at Jiyong as he once again moved around his kitchen like it was his own.

 

Moving from the table to the living room he sat with the two boys who were deciding rather seriously whether watching cartoon network or nickelodeon was more important. He sipped his coffee as he let himself think about this man that just landed in his house like some kind of…curse? … Blessing?...

 

Pancakes. The aroma of pancakes filled his nostrils and he couldn’t help thinking about his mother. He smiled sadly to himself as he remembered how his mother every Sunday would make pancakes, eggs and bacon served with orange juice or milk, before they would as a family go to church.

 

“Come on boys, food is ready” Jiyong called from the kitchen. The two rascals literally ran into the kitchen raised voices cheering at the awesome breakfast. Seunghyun walked into the kitchen and watched as Jiyong served each boy a pancake and two links of sausages at the table before he served them two cups of milk.

 

“You hungry Seunghyun?” Jiyong asked as he poured himself more coffee and dressed it up, with sugar and milk. “Yeah sure” he nodded as he also poured himself the remaining coffee in the pot and went to sit as Jiyong served him a plate.

 

The four ate quietly, savoring every last bite of fluffy pancake.

 

“Can we go outside and play for a bit hyung?” Daesung asked Seunghyun who was still chewing methodically. “Wait until we’re so we can go with you. Sometimes this white stuff can be dangerous” he answered as he scooped another forkful of pancake smothered in syrup.

 

“Yay!” the two kids left the table to get the winter gear on. “Wash your hands, they’re sticky!” Jiyong called after the two and watched as they quickly detoured into the bathroom.

 

“You’re good with them” Seunghyun said as he finished up eating and finished his coffee. “What I just told them to wash their hands. That has nothing to do with being good with kids” Jiyong shrugged as he stood collecting the kids’ plates and his own taking them to the sink. “Either way, you have brothers or sisters?” Seunghyun asked as he stood and placed his own plate and coffee mug in the sink as Jiyong gathered the rest of the dirty cups and utensils from the table.

 

“Yeah, I have an older sister, Dami” Jiyong answered as he ran the water and began washing the dishes “She lives with my parents in L.A. I saw them last month for Thanksgiving. Which reminds me can I borrow your phone and call them later? I’ll pay you the long distance fee, it’s just with all that’s going on I won’t be able to join them for Christmas. It’s the day after tomorrow already.” Seunghyun nodded as he helped with rinsing and drying the dishes, and putting them back in the cupboards “Sure no problem.”

 

Jiyong smiled and the two finished doing the dishes in record time and then Seunghyun left to get dressed so he could watch the kids while they played outside.

 

Jiyong leaned against the kitchen counter and couldn’t help but smile to himself. He’s never felt like this before, so carefree. It felt so nice to finally be able to slow down, literally, and just enjoy life. Drying his hands he went to the living room and turned off the TV and then moved to where he had left his things in Seunghyun’s bedroom the night before.

 

He walked into something he wasn’t expecting and he bit his lips seeing the man’s legs displayed to him. They were quickly covered by a pair of jeans in which he could see that Seunghyun breathed in rather sharply to pull up. He must still be in pain Jiyong thought with a frown. He watched as Seunghyun struggled with pulling off his shirt.

 

“Need help?” he asked quietly, ready to receive the rejecting answer.

 

Seunghyun breathed in deeply swallowing his pride since he knew his shoulder was much too sore “Please?” Jiyong approached and helped the man take his shirt off before helping him put on a warm array of warm sweaters and flannels, after checking that his bandage was tightly wrapped around his torso.

 

Moving to grab the man’s big hunting jacket he bit his lip and raised his eyes to look up into Seunghyun’s eyes. “You know-”

 

“Hyung are you ready yet?!”

 

The two small whirlwinds rushed into the room breaking the rising tense cloud.

 

Jiyong really liked the kids but at this point he really did want to just grab to the two and throw them out so he could talk to Seunghyun. With the help of the two kids Seunghyun was dressed and ready to go out into the cold.

 

With a sigh Jiyong decided to get his clothing on too. Donning on his winter coat he wrapped his scarf around his neck and half his face before also heading outside.

 

Jiyong sighed in relief seeing Seunghyun sitting on the steps of the porch watching the kids play with the soft white fluff “It’s cold.”

 

Seunghyun glance up and smiled at the bundled up pink haired man. “Yeah it ain’t too bad though” Seunghyun gestured next to him so Jiyong could sit. “Luckily” Jiyong muttered before he sat and wrapped his arms around his legs.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“Sorry for what?”

 

“For coming onto you like I did earlier” Jiyong elaborated as his gloved finger moved some snow around.

 

Sighing Seunghyun shook his head “Don’t apologize, it has been a while since I had someone show interest in me… and I don’t know I guess I just wasn’t ready? …” the man trailed off awkwardly as he also moved his foot to move some of the snow under his foot.

 

An awkward silence fell between them occasionally being broken by the shouts of glee from the two kids playing out in the snow.

 

“If it brings you any type of comfort I truly believe you are handsome, probably the most handsome man I’ve run into that has ever truly captured my attention” Jiyong finally spoke as he faced the man in question.

 

“I… thank you” he murmured ducking his head slightly as he felt the flush of pleasure rise up onto his face.

 

“Hyung look!”

 

The men looked away from each other to see what the boys were yelling. A horse tethered to a sleigh was slowly moving towards them with two more horses bearing riders on either side.

 

“Looks like out visitors are here” Seunghyun spoke softly as he placed a gloved hand on Jiyong’s shoulder before standing.      

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Comments are always welcome and awesome to have. ;) Thank you for reading. 8D