Chapter 2

A Winter Miracle

HERE IT IS!

Not much to address here so enjoy! =D

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A Winter Miracle – Chapter 2

 

“Oh my god I’m so sorry!”

 

Seunghyun could hear the voice shout. Oh his side hurt like no tomorrow, the last time he had been in this much pain was when he was still small and he had broken his arm while swinging from a tree.

 

“Hey I called an ambulance” the guy said as he came into his vision once more. Seunghyun blinked was this man an angel? A pink haired angel? “Are you an angel?”

 

The beautiful man smiled slightly as he brushed some of his dark hair from his face “You must have hit your head pretty hard.” Seunghyun groaned softly that insistent darkness was starting to creep in. “Hey don’t, don’t fall asleep now. Come on I can hear the ambulance already stay with me until they get here” the man lightly tapped his cheek. “Good news is you’re not bleeding anywhere. Hey… what’s your name? Tell me about yourself.”

 

Seunghyun blinked his eyes open to the man “Seunghyun… Seunghyun Choi” he paused as he blinked away the spots invading his field of vision. “I… my brother… crap… I need to go get him” he murmured as he tried to stay awake.

 

“Your brother? Who is he?” the man asked “Daesung… he’s my brother and Seungri… he’s our neighbor… he’s like a brother to me. !” Seunghyun cursed as a wave of pain invaded his senses, radiating for his shoulder. “Hey it’s okay come on stay with me” the man said as he lay a hand on his forehead.

 

“I’m the worst brother ever…” Seunghyun murmured as the tears cascaded down his cheeks.

 

The man moved away as the paramedics finally reached them and started to work on Seunghyun. The pink haired man looked around and for the first time noticed the bag of spilled food and the small crowd of people that had gathered. He noticed a particularly motherly woman who was drying her tears on her apron. He walked towards her feeling that she might know the man.

 

“Ma’am… I… do you know him?” he asked gesturing to Seunghyun who was being put unto a gurney. “Why yes. Such a sweetheart too, Mark is one truly innocent child not a single mean bone in his body. Why did this have to happen to him?” she murmured as she shook her head and headed back into her diner.

 

Sighing Jiyong walked over to the remaining paramedics and police who were observing the scene. He was questioned and then asked to come to the police station with them.

 

~

 


“Kwon Jiyong was it?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“So explain again what happened?”

 

Jiyong sighed as he raked a hand through his disheveled hair and glanced at the clock on the wall.

 

“I was driving through here since my GPS got all haywire and I wasn’t paying attention to the road closely as much as I should have. I… I saw him but by the time I hit the brakes it was too late. He was also in the wrong I did have the green light” Jiyong spoke again this the man nodded as he wrote everything down on the paper that Jiyong had signed to proof that he had been read his rights.

 

“At this point in time we can’t do anything since Mr. Choi is still unconscious at this point in time you are only being fined with speeding. Now if Mr. Choi wakes up and wants to press charges that will have to be matter that’ll be taken to court. For now I have to ask that you stay in town” the officer said as he put away the paper into a file and move to stand.

 

“Wait but… I can’t stay” Jiyong said as he stood following the man “I have a meeting in Dallas tomorrow morning.” “Well I’m mighty sorry about that sir but until things are resolved here you won’t be going anywhere and if you do decide to leave please be aware that we will issue a warrant for your arrest” the officer said.

 

Sighing Jiyong wanted to bash his head into the nearest wall but walked out and checked out with the nice woman at the front who handed him his personal things.

 

“You have a nice day young man. And have a Merry Christmas” she said cheerfully in her thick Texas accent. “You too” he tried to smile as he grabbed his things, keys firmly in hand. Stepping outside he shivered slightly at the cold weather. The snow was beginning to fall again and he could see people walking with their shopping in hand.

 

He reflected that it seemed like something straight out of a country Christmas movie or something. As he was debating what to do his thoughts turned to the pour guy he had almost killed that day. ‘I should probably go see if he’s awake’ he thought ‘maybe he’ll get me off the hook. After all everyone seemed to know him’ he mused as he remembered the diner lady speaking about him.

 

Turning around he walked into the station once again and asked around is someone knew Seunghyun.

 

“Oh you mean Mark?”

 

“Mark?” Jiyong asked eyebrows knitting together. The guy was one of the younger officers by the name of Michael Richardson, had nodded “Yeah Mark, we’ve called him that since forever basically. Can’t pronounce his name” he said sheepishly with a slight blush. “I went to school with him we played football together and worked together at Momo’s Grocer during the summer. Sung – hyang?” he tried to pronounce his name before getting flustered and shaking his head. “Yeah my sweetheart called me, told me he woke up and is doing fine. I can take you if you want?”

 

Jiyong nodded in gratitude.

 

~

 

Jiyong had never stepped into a hospital this small in his life. He couldn’t really call this a hospital at all actually more like an urgent clinic. Judging from the staff. He followed Michael to the only room that was curtained off.

 

“Hyung I’m so sorry!”

 

Jiyong paused hearing the Korean endearment from a child. That must be his brother he thought as he walked in.

 

“I’m fine kiddo I’m not going anywhere, understand?” Seunghyun spoke using his good hand to the fine black hair of his younger brother. “But…” “Shhh… that’s enough” Seunghyun pulled him so he could lay next to him.

 

“Thank you for bringing him Martha. I don’t think I can thank you enough” Seunghyun turned his attention to the woman and the police officer “Hey Mike.” “Mark.”

 

“Oh nonsense. You two are almost as precious as my own little rascal” the older woman smiled as she reached over and patted Michael’s arm “Who’s not so little anymore.” “MOM!”

 

Seunghyun couldn’t help chuckling before the new person caught his attention. “Oh?”

 

“Here Ma let’s let them talk out their problem” Michael led his mother out of the room.

 

“I… umm…. How are you feeling?” Jiyong asked as tried to really look at the other man. “I’m fine. Dislocated shoulder and couple of fractured ribs. Nothing I can’t handle” Seunghyun nodded he continued to his brother’s hair.

 

“I…” Jiyong paused in his next thought, he didn’t want to sound like an insensitive jerk but he did need to get to Dallas for his meeting the next day. “I was at the station earlier and one of the officers said that I had to stay until you woke up and decided what to do… you know like pressing charges or whatever.”

 

Seunghyun leaned back and studied the pink haired man. He was dressed smart, dress pants, nice shoes and a nice button up with a nice coat on top of it all, and all probably worth more than he made in a month of working his off. “You can go. I wasn’t paying attention so it was technically my fault.”

 

“Thank you” Jiyong said and awkwardly bowed before moving forward and shaking the man’s non-injured hand. “I’m Jiyong Kwon if you’re ever out in Las Vegas you should look me up and I really am sorry.”

 

Nodding Seunghyun watched as the pink haired dude walked out of his room.

 

Looking down at the mop of black hair he wondered what was going to happen now. There was no way he’ll be able to do any kind of menial work now and without being able to work he wouldn’t be able to support his family.

 

“. I’m sorry Dae-Dae I failed you” he whispered as tears began to swim in his eyes.   

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I promise things will get more intersting and stuff will develop. 8)

Comment yeah? I like comments makes me feel good. =D