Chapter 7

A Winter Miracle

Well here chapter 7. 8) A little shorter than my previous chapters but I am starting to wind it down. I know I said maybe 2 chapters last time but seems I might extend it a bit while I gather my thoughts and make a good ending for this. 8)

Anyways enjoy!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A Winter Miracle – Chapter 7

 

Jiyong felt the onset of a headache quickly make itself known two hours into their guests’ visit. While the town’s people coddled Seunghyun with gifts and fresh made food and groceries to last the winter Jiyong grabbed his coat and headed outside. He sighed with relief at the blessed silence only broken with a short snuff from the horses that were tethered next to the porch, each with his own bucket of oats.

 

He approached and lightly ran his hand down the hair of the one closest to him. Such majestic animals, he thought as the horse sniffed his palm making him giggle “Searching for something sweet? Sorry big fella but I don’t have any sugar cubes or apples with me right now” he said apologetically as he continued to bond with the animal.

 

“That’s a shame, here, and he’s a she” Jiyong turned and looked warily at Michael as the man held out an apple to Jiyong. Taking it Jiyong turned and offered it to the horse that he now knew was a she. “What’s her name?” he asked as he smiled when she happily crunched on the apple he offered. “She’s my Faith” Michael reached out and brushed her hair “Faith?” Jiyong asked for clarification “Yeah, right sweetheart?” he cooed as made kissy faces at the horse.

 

“I swear he loves that horse more than me” Jiyong turned to see the same woman from the grocery store, standing by the door coat and scarf wrapped around her red hair while she gave Michael the stink eye. “Aww babe you know I love you” he walked over to his wife and giving her a kiss on the cheek as the rest of their entourage came out of the house.

 

“Don’t try to sweet talk me, you jerk” she slapped his arm and moved out of his hold. “Ugh Amy come on” he pouted as he moved to follow.

 

“Now lad leave her alone” the old man, Mr. Richardson, Jiyong recalled as he held unto Michael as he lectured him about the troubles of being married to a woman while his own wife slapped his arm.

 

Jiyong smiled when he felt Seungri wrap his arms around him as everyone said their goodbyes and promising to pass by on Christmas.

 

Shaking hands with everyone Jiyong smiled and nodded as everyone wished him a Merry Christmas.

 

“Oh Mark” one of the older ladies, Jiyong recognized her as the nurse, moved to Seunghyun and handed him a couple of folded sheets from her purse. “For your shoulder dear. You have to exercise it a bit everyday so it doesn’t grow stiff” she explained handing the sheets to him “Take care sweetheart, I won’t see you Christmas I’ll be working” she patted his cheek before walking to climb unto the sleigh with the rest of the ladies. While Michael and Amy flanked them on their own horses, waving as they followed.

 

“Well… I don’t suppose you want lunch do you?” Seunghyun asked with a sigh as he looked over at the pink haired man. “No thanks, I have a headache and I need to call my parents” Jiyong shook his head as he moved towards the door next to Seunghyun.

 

“Hyungs will you help with putting up the Christmas decorations on the tree?” Daesung asked as he dug through the box of ornaments and tree lights. Glitter going everywhere and nestling in his hair. “Sure” Seunghyun grinned as he closed the door after Jiyong walked into the house.

 

“Can I use your shower Seunghyun?” Jiyong asked as he opened his suitcase, collecting his toiletries.

 

“Sure, go ahead I’ll just be monitoring these little punks” Seunghyun nodded even though he felt that there was something different about Jiyong compared to this morning. He watched as the pink haired gathered some clothes and disappeared into the bathroom.

 

Shrugging he turned to the two boys who were currently digging through the box looking for the tree topper.

 

“Alright boys come on we need to start with the lights, then ornaments and then you can put the tree topper on the tree” he said as he helped them put the lights unto the small Christmas tree.

 

He owed Michael so much, the man had wrangled with the tree vendors for a tree almost free of charge. Sure it was relatively small compared to what his parents would get when he was younger but just seeing the tree had changed his brother’s and Seungri’s expression and he was just grateful that he would be able to give his brother a semblance of a Christmas.

 

Jiyong stepped out of the bathroom in a plume of steam, a towel draped over his head, wearing sweats and a shirt.

 

“Jiyong-hyung! You came out just in time!” Seungri yelled and ran over to the man and pulled him towards the living room where the tree was decorated except for the tree topper which Seunghyun was checking if the light worked. “Just in time” he nodded to Seungri and then plopped down on the couch as he watched Seunghyun move over the tree and with the ‘help’ of the two boys he placed it on the tree and then plugged it into an extension cord.

 

Jiyong clapped with a smile as the two boys cheered and danced around it in their excitement.

 

His work done Seunghyun sat next to Jiyong, this time without space “Are you feeling better?” he asked quietly. Jiyong smiled at Seunghyun pulling the towel from his head holding it his lap “Yeah, thanks for letting me use your shower.” “I’m sorry you’re stuck here” Seunghyun apologized “You could’ve been on your way to California to meet up with your family for the holidays.”

 

“It’s not your fault, you don’t need to apologize to me. I do though need to really apologize to you. If I hadn’t been such a—” “Jiyong stop. I think we’ve reached the limit of apologies for a lifetime” Seunghyun laid a hand on the man’s hand. “You’re right” Jiyong nodded with a smile “Do you want to shower? Or take a nap? You’re not in any pain?”

 

“I’m fine, I’m a bit stiff but I can deal. I don’t want to grow too dependent on the pain meds though” Seunghyun admitted and moved to make himself more comfortable as the boys migrated to the floor in front of the TV. Jiyong nodded in understanding and sat back into the couch.

 

He vaguely noticed Seunghyun leaving and then coming back. The smell of coffee tickled his nose but it wasn’t enough to pull him from the pull of sleep.

 

~*~

 

Jiyong awoke with a start, sitting up he blushed realizing that he had napped on Seunghyun’s lap “I’m sorry” he apologized as he ran his hands through his hair.

 

“It’s okay calm down. You falling asleep was a good idea, the boys are out right now, although, I should wake them up. I don’t want them to ruin their sleep patterns” Seunghyun said gesturing to the boys who had fallen asleep on the floor watching the cartoon version of Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas. “What time is it?” Jiyong wondered as he eyes moved over the wall where the clock was keeping time for them.

 

“Afternoon, the ladies brought plenty of food did you want to reheat some of it?” Seunghyun asked as he looked at Jiyong. He couldn’t help but think how cute the man looked with his pink hair fluffed up, it reminded him of cotton candy. Seeing it was around 4:30ish in the afternoon Jiyong nodded and yawned as he stretched his arms wide.

 

“Yeah we’ll just reheat. I’m tired, I don’t feel like cooking tonight” Jiyong smiled and plopped down on the couch once more taking the liberty to place his head on Seunghyun’s lap once more.

 

“I should wake up the boys” Seunghyun murmured as his hand moved to touch Jiyong’s fluffy pink hair. “You should” Jiyong agreed closing his eyes in relaxation, those fingers moving through his hair felt heavenly.

 

Neither moved Seunghyun enjoying running his fingers through the soft strands of colored hair and Jiyong enjoying the treatment almost lulling him back to sleep. Wanting to avoid falling asleep again Jiyong turned over and faced up to Seunghyun.

 

Seeing him from this angle was something truly breathtaking. Seunghyun jaw line and Adam’s apple stood out, as well as his collar bones which were peaking from under the layers of long sleeved shirts. “You’re beautiful Seunghyun” Jiyong spoke softly as he stared up at the man.

 

“You are too” Seunghyun lightly traced a finger down Jiyong’s face, caressing his cheek and neck.

 

Smiling at the compliment Jiyong felt the heat of a blush spread through his face and he sat up covering his face slightly. “Sweet talker” he murmured as he stood up.

 

“Come on let’s wake the kiddos up and then we’ll figure out what to do next” Jiyong said as he stood moved to shake the kids awake.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Comments would be awesome! Thank you!