two; meeting

The Wedding Planner

C H A P T E R  T W O
meeting
 

 

Ring! Ring! Ring!

Yoona heard the phone ring and she sighed. She was already loaded with paperwork, fabric samplings, business cards and whatnot, and then the telephone was so far away.

"Sehun-ah! Can you answer the phone for me please?" Yoona called.

Sehun is Yoona's flatmate since their college years and eventually became the occasional helper in her business, particularly on days when Yoona had a heavy workload and Sehun was doing nothing.

Sehun did as he was told and Yoona smiled as she fixed the papers on her desk. Today was a stressful day. Well actually stressful is just describing the day kindly. It was an absolute uproar because the couple whose wedding she was planning moved the date of the wedding in an impromptu way and Yoona had no option but to rush the companies in charge of the catering, decoration and whatsoever.

Sehun put on his businessman voice as he answered the call in a professional manner, but it seemed that this manner disappeared after a few seconds within the call. The person on the other side was probably intimidating.

"I'm sorry sir but we are in a rush-" Sehun said.

"I don't care if you're in a rush. I need a wedding planner immediately, and this is what my fiancee and various people have recommended me. I trust that you can make room for the future CEO of Lu Telecommunications?" Luhan told the person on the other side of the receiver.

He was running out of patience for this man. Clearly this person did not realize the importance of a person like him. If he needed to use his title as inheritor to garner a position for a wedding planner who has a tight schedule then so be it. He needed one, and fast.

"E-Excuse me?" Sehun stuttered.

"You heard me correctly." Luhan said.

"L-Let me put you through my senior." Sehun covered the phone and said,

"Noona! A important person for you!"

"What could possibly be more important than this wedding that was moved without telling me prior? If this ended up a failure-"

"Noona, the person on the phone is the inheritor of Lu Telecommunications. You know, that big building that you thank for blocking the sun. You might want to take it."

"Pardon? Who is the person on the other line?" Yoona looked up from the paperwork she was organizing at the mention of Lu Telecommunications. Never has she organized a wedding for an influential person.

"Inheritor of Lu Telecommunications." Sehun said patiently.

"Hand it to me please." Sehun handed her the telephone and she answered in her professional tone.

"Hello, Im Yoona here. How may I help you?"

"Hello. I'm Lu Han and I am calling to set an appointment with you. I assume you are Im Yoona the wedding planner?"

Is there any other Im Yoona?

"Yes I am the Im Yoona you are looking for. I-I think we can make room for an appointment. Any date is fine with me." She said, her voice strained.

"How about now?" Luhan asked. The woman did say any date was fine.

"N-Now?" She was stunned at nerve of this man, however important, to say that he wanted an appointment now.

"Yes, now. As in today, at a later hour, we can have that appointment so I can secure my place for such a high profile wedding planner." Luhan said. One of his most effective tools in getting what he wants is flattery.

"I... I will see what I can do." Yoona said finally and ended the call. She looked at the phone disbelievingly.

"How dare this man call me and tell me he wanted an appointment now? Who does he think he is?"

"The inheritor of Lu Telecommunications, Hottest Inheritor Years 2010-2013, Most Eligible Bachelor Years 2010 up until yesterday when he was photographed with a girl called Bae Joohyun, also an inheritor." Sehun said as he inspected his nails.

"Do you double as paparazzi now, Sehun?" Yoona asked.

"No, I just know a lot about Mr. Lu Han." Sehun said.

"Help me finish this so I can have this appointment with Mr. Inheritor."

 

 

 

Yoona looked at herself in the mirror, inspecting her attire.

She wore a black blazer, a white top with text and dark blue printed jeans. She wore black loafers and carried a blue bag. She was still young after all, she'll wear all her suits when she turns 30.

Through the phone call, she contacted Luhan and asked where should they meet to which he replied that they should meet in a secluded coffee shop at 3 pm sharp. She agreed and here she was now, dressed up and ready to meet this Mr. Inheritor.

"Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?" Sehun asked.

"Oh no, it's okay Sehun. Please take care of everything while I'm away, okay? I'll be back as soon as I can."

"Of course I'll take care of things. Good luck with Mr. Inheritor." Sehun winked and Yoona left, walking to the said secluded coffee shop. It wasn't far, but it was sure was hard to find. Whoever is the owner of it took the term 'secluded' too seriously.

Yoona found Luhan and his fiancee sitting at the farthest corner of the coffee shop. He was wearing casual wear, unheard of for a businessman and his fiancee was wearing a summer dress. Both were clutching their coffees, obviously waiting for Yoona.

Yoona blinked her eyes; she couldn't believe what she was seeing. Luhan, Mr. Luhan or Lu Telecommunications. Oh he looks even more handsome in real life than in those magazines she snuck in when Sehun wasn't watching ("What? I'm curious."). His hair was messy in a shade of blond. He had big brown eyes and eyelashes she has never seen a man possess. He was pretty tall too.

The bride? The woman sitting next to him that she also sees frequently in magazines? She doesn't pay her any mind.

"Ehem." Said woman cleared . Yoona realized she was staring too long to be considered appropriate. "Hello Ms. Yoona. I trust it you are the wedding planner?" The fiancee asked.

"Yes I am Im Yoona the wedding planner. I know of your fiance, Lu Han. I mean, who doesn't? And it would be a pleasure to know his fiancee." Yoona said. She found herself babbling at the excitement of having a famous client. How unprofessional.

"Oh, where are my manners?" The fiancee laughed at herself. "I'm Bae Joohyun. Pleased to meet you, Im Yoona." They all shook hands while Luhan remained seated, face stoic.

"We don't have much time to plan something very elaborate. A nice and simple wedding according to our standards would be fine." Luhan said.

"I see. Is that what you both like?" Yoona asked, taking mental notes.

"Joohyun wants to please the society, so I'll let you two plan what she wants. I'll go by with anything you say." Luhan said.

"I see. So, have you planned of any things yet? The setting, the reception, your theme perhaps? What would the main color be?"

"Our wedding would be simple, that's all I want. I'd just be obliged to agree to whatever Joohyun and you'll be planning." Luhan said and Yoona was stunned.

Never has she seen a couple so... unloving. There was no spark, no connection. She could feel it of course; it was so obvious and so thick. She realized she was somewhat staring so instead she cleared and turned her attention to Joohyun, who tried to sound optimistic as they formed small plans and ideas.

Luhan just sat there, sipping at his coffee that has gone cold a long time ago yet he forced himself to drink it, swallow it, just to seem like he was not uninterested. He did not want this. He was not prepared for this. But he had to cooperate, or his world will crumble down and he would be vulnerable and exposed.

Yoona cleared . "Sir Luhan? Anything you want to add?" She asked in her professional voice that somehow sounded a bit shy to Luhan, or maybe he was just dreaming.

"No. Are you done? We can go now." Luhan said.

"Yes... uh... we're done yes. Thank you so much Ms. Bae, Mr. Lu. I'll see you again. Would you mind if I book a dinner at a hotel?"

"No. Just contact us. I think Joohyun gave you her number." Luhan said. He did most of the talking, but it was just short talk. It kind of disappointed Yoona.

They said their goodbyes and Yoona left after them, her heart and mind puzzled and fluttering.

How unprofessional.


 


author's note;
HELLO! I'm so so sorry it has taken so long to update and that this update is not really good :( I hope I can.write a better update next time and future times :) Please support this story and please subscribe, comment, give an upvote and enjoy :)




science of deduction♦