six; hiding place

The Wedding Planner

 C H A P T E R  S I X

hiding place

 

 

It was tense.

They were surrounded by only darkness and a tense sensation choking them both. Luhan was still holding Yoona's hand and Yoona was still staring at Luhan like he was insane for pulling her inside an empty conference room. A minute, an hour, a day, a year passes by, both of them do not know but it feels like an eternity has until Luhan decided to drop Yoona's hand and speak up.

"I'm sorry." He says, barely audible but his voice echoes around the room.

"Okay."

"Okay?"

"Okay."

"Did you legitimately understand what I just said?" Luhan asked.

"What exactly are you apologizing for?" Yoona asked.

"For behaving really ty last time. Joohyun and I got into a fight. I'm really sorry." Luhan said again. His explanation confused Yoona even more.

"Is it my concern if you and your fiancée got into a fight? Look, I don't have the right to meddle in between your personal business Luhan-ssi. If you got into a fight and the next day you have a attitude I don't really care because it's none of my business to know why. So what are you really apologizing for?"

"I guess I had to apologize because I saw how you reacted earlier. You looked white as a sheet, you flinched whenever I came near you and you looked scared that I would turn down this place as the venue of our wedding. You even brought Sehun with you. Was that how ty my attitude was last time? If so then I'm really sorry. "

"You could've apologized without making it dramatic." Yoona laughed. "You didn't have to drag me to an empty conference room just to apologize to me."

"I couldn't afford my fiancée spotting me with you. She's paranoid that I have 'extra activities' or something, if you get what I mean."

"So Joohyun doesn't like me?" Yoona asked, amused.

"Not really. I guess Sehun doesn't like me too. Why did you even bring Sehun?" Luhan asked as he sat down on the floor. Yoona followed suit. The carpet, as opposed to chairs, provided enough comfort for the both of them. Strangely enough, Yoona felt all awkwardness dissipate.

"He was supposed to be my moral support, and he did his job well. I was really nervous on what your reaction will be and he provided me support throughout the day. You know, just the typical feeling of nervousness, the fear of rejection."

"Tell me honestly Yoona-ssi, are you scared of me?" Luhan asked, truly curious on what brought about this side of Yoona.

"Partly yes, because you are an intimidating senior." Yoona replied and Luhan laughed, a laugh so boisterous that it echoed throughout the whole room and Yoona thinks it can be heard outside.

"What is there to laugh about? I gave you an honest answer." Yoona asked as Luhan tried to calm himself down.

"God my stomach h-hurts. S-Sure, I can be an i-intimidating senior-- pfft."

"Very funny Luhan-ssi--" 

Ring! Ring!

Yoona was interrupted by her phone ringing in her pocket. The caller ID showed 'Sehun' and Yoona answered it immediately.

"Noona." The tone of Sehun's voice surprised Yoona as it was stiff, like a father who caught his child doing something so wrong. Yoona let a few seconds pass before replying.

"Y-Yeah?"

"Don't 'yeah' me noona. Where are you?" Sehun asked, cutting to the chase which surprised Yoona even more.

"Yah, have you no respect for your noona anymore? I'm here in the wash-"

"Noona please, I can hear Luhan-ssi's laughter all the way here." 

Yoona unconsciously swallowed a lump in . She felt kind of guilty that she had to lie and annoyed at herself for not making a better excuse, and the initial irritation she had with Luhan came back with full force. She was just supposed to go to the washroom to take a call, but Luhan had to pull her in an empty room to make an apology that was not supposed to even exist because he had no reason to.

"Who was that?" Luhan asked.

"Sehun. I need to go. Look, I don't know what to do with your apology, but I'll accept it nonetheless." Yoona opened the door but Luhan stopped her from doing so.

"What now? I need to go Luhan! Sehun's looking for me." As much as possible, Yoona avoided looking into Luhan's eyes. Those bright brown orbs that seem to eat Yoona's soul one second and give off happiness another second. Luhan possesses a personality that is hard to understand, something that you need to dig deeper into to know more. 

But Yoona doesn't want to know more, because knowing more might 'kill' her just as the popular metaphor goes. Along with setting barriers between her and clients, she doesn't want to keep a personal relationship with them. If she grows closer to the bride to the point of being associates that's fine, but she doesn't want one of the brides to spill out their marriage problems to her because she has no time for such. She avoids the grooms as much as possible too, because even if they're getting married one can't avoid the feeling of temptation. This is not the case of feeling pride in one's looks, it's just based on experience. A groom flirted with Yoona once and even asked her if she can still be his woman after he and his fiancée gets married and needless to say she did not hesitate on dropping them and informing the bride of her fiancé’s infidelity.

"I don't want you to be scared of me anymore. I'm sorry if I acted that way, but don't feel so nervous approaching me or anything."

"You told me earlier that your fiancée’s suspicious of me. Why shouldn't I feel nervous if ever I feel the need to approach you?"

"Concerning the wedding of course." Luhan unblocked Yoona from exiting the door and she finally left the suffocating room and hurried to the ballroom. 

"Ah finally, you're here." Sehun approached Yoona and gripped her arm tightly. Yoona winced, prying Sehun's fingers to loosen their grip but they seemed to have no intention to do so. 

"S-Sehun-ah-"

"So noona, the other coordinators just left and they told me that they will send you an email about the designs they are considering for the ballroom and want you to pick at least two. They already discussed with Joohyun-ssi what she wanted this ballroom to look like. What was it again Joohyun-ssi?"

"I wanted our wedding to have a masquerade theme, so what I want this to look like is a Renaissance ballroom. Very fancy and detailed, really colorful and full of paintings. Everything else connects with the theme." Joohyun said, still suspicious of why Yoona and Luhan were gone for so long. Joohyun isn't stupid; of course people who have affairs don't come together because they'll be suspected.

"That sounds like a really wonderful idea. I'll make sure to-- oh, Luhan-ssi's here." Yoona looked at Luhan walking forward to them but Sehun's tightened grip kept her focus on the matter at hand. Yoona winced audibly and Luhan caught up on this.

"Yoona-ssi, are you okay?" He asked, concerned.

"Y-Yes. Actually, we're done for the day. Joohyun-ssi told me and the coordinators she wanted a masquerade theme for the ballroom so they'll send me designs and I'll forward them to you. Thank you Joohyun-ssi and Luhan-ssi for accepting this place. This is really important because without a proper venue we can't really move forward with planning so after this everything just comes smoothly."

"Thank you too for choosing a really wonderful place. We'll have to go now because I have a meeting coming up." Luhan said and took Joohyun's arm in his and left the hotel, Yoona and Sehun following not long after.

 

ZgbmH.gif

 

"Where were you earlier noona?" Sehun asked as soon as they got home.

"I went to the washroom." Yoona lied, her heart racing. She knew Sehun wasn't stupid but she hoped he convinced him enough.

"Come on noona, I'm not stupid. How come you took so long in the washroom?" Sehun raised an eyebrow.

"Alright, alright Sehun. I was with Luhan." Yoona surrendered, raising her hands to signify her surrender. Sehun raised his eyebrow higher. "But it wasn't voluntary! He dragged me to a conference room."

"Oh really? I'm not that stupid to put two and two together noona. Can you prove my suspicions wrong?"

"He apologized to me, and we talked a bit. Nothing more, nothing less. No 'ual harassment' happened." Yoona said, making a quotation sign with her fingers.

"Is that really it?" Sehun asked.

"Yes, Sehun. Why are you so distrustful of Luhan? He's just a client of mine. If you're distrustful of Luhan you're also distrustful of me because you keep asking me if I did something with Luhan and you don't believe me."

"He..." Sehun gulped. "He just... He gives off a distrustful vibe okay. I'm just trying to protect you noona." With that, Sehun left, muttering an excuse about going somewhere, leaving Yoona very confused.

As soon as Sehun locked the door of his room and sat down on the bed, he sighed. How long is he going to hide it? How long is he going to keep it to himself? He wanted to protect Yoona from Luhan because he can already see it. His noona's going to fall in love with Luhan and when Luhan's going to get married she's going to be heartbroken, and Sehun would have to put on his mask. He would have to be there to console his noona, even if it hurts his very core to see Yoona so heartbroken.

He keeps asking to himself if this is really what he wants: to be confined to the 'friend zone' as Zitao calls it, or to confess to Yoona that he likes him, a lot, with all of his heart and deal with the rejection if ever, which he knows will totally happen. Zitao once told him that Sehun's afraid of rejection. He's afraid that he won't be accepted by the only person he treasures, and to face his fear of rejection he has to feel it by confessing. Sehun knows that Yoona was never experienced in the field of love. She has a frail heart. She may look strong but she also has a sensitive side which he has seen several times. 

Sehun tries to deny that's it's 'love' that he feels for Yoona. He tries to tell himself that he simply has a motive: to protect Yoona from experiencing any pain. Zitao tells him that it's love, but Sehun tells him it's just a mix of having a crush and feeling admiration and Zitao tells him he's in that period of denial, the period of doubt and mixed decisions. Sehun convinces himself from time to time that it can never be 'love', because Yoona has no time for love.

"Hun? Are you okay? What do you want for dinner?" Yoona knocked and asked Sehun. The latter wiped his face of deep thoughts to avoid Yoona's questioning.

"Uh... I'm okay noona thanks. I'm still full though."

"Are you sure? I'd like it if we eat together." Yoona said cutely and Sehun felt his heart melt all over again with affection for his noona and put all doubtful thoughts at the back of his mind.

"Sure noona. I'll just go down." Sehun stood up from the bed and washed his face. He went out of his room and helped Yoona arrange dinner on the table and once Yoona said grace, he started eating.

"Sehun-ah I'm sorry." Yoona said.

"W-What for?" Sehun asked, gulping a big chunk of food rather painfully. Sehun wonders what she's apologizing for. Is it in advance if he ever gains the courage to confess? Is it because she's ready to admit that she and the flower boy CEO are together, and she wants to apologize because she's going to run away somewhere far? Is it because--

"For lying, because that was really unnecessary. Look, I understand that you have instincts that tell you have to protect me because I do too when it comes to you. But you have to remember that I can also keep some things to myself that I feel are personal. I don't have to reveal everything to you."

"I was just worried." Sehun muttered. "I don't want you to get hurt in any aspect."

"I understand. Don't worry so much because noona can handle herself, okay? I appreciate the thought but don't overdo it."

"Okay." Sehun's arms stretched across the table to reach Yoona's hands which he clutched in his hands tightly. "Take care of yourself, but if you need help I'm always here. Arasseo?"

"Arasseo."

With that, Sehun thinks he has proved Zitao: that he would just prefer to live in the 'friend zone' and not face his fear of rejection. Even if it's painful, Sehun thinks that concealing his feelings but still being close to Yoona is better than confessing and feeling awkward with each other.

 

ZgbmH.gif

 

"What took you and Yoona so long?" Joohyun asked, smirking.

"What are you talking about?" Luhan replied in a dismissive way. He knew she was at it again, thinking they're having behind her back. Luhan doesn't know why she cares. Maybe it's because she wants to keep her reputation as the submissive fiancee too, just as how Luhan wants to keep a good image to the society as a caring and loving husband to-be. 

"Don't act so innocent yourself. You know what I'm talking about Luhan. What took you and Yoona so long?" Joohyun asked again.

"We talked--"

"Liar," Joohyun sneered, fed up with Luhan's constant lying. "Talking? What the do you two have to talk about?"

"Things you don't have to know." Luhan said, annoyed.

"You don't have to lie Luhan."

"Yes, I really don't because I'm telling the truth. Yes, I was with Yoona-ssi. Yes, we talked. What else do you want to know?" Luhan said.

"Why didn't you discuss what you need to discuss in front of me? Is it about something so personal that I don't need to know?Joohyun sneered. 

"So what if it is? Why do you have this incessant need to know things you don't have to know? Stop butting in things that are none of your concern. Why do you even care anyway? You have you darling Wooyoung with you." Luhan snapped, thoroughly fed up with Joohyun. 

"Isn't it the job of a fiancee to watch over her fiance?" Joohyun said.

"Isn't it the job of a fiancee not to have a lover behind her fiance's back?" Luhan shot back. 

"You are unbelievable Luhan, unbelievable."

"I have never seen a person in my life become so enlightened with the truth." Luhan said sarcastically.

"I hate you. Do you know how much it takes to hate someone Luhan?" Joohyun said, tears forming in her eyes.

"Glad to know we share mutual feelings."

She never wanted to hate Luhan, because who wants to hate the man you're forced to marry and be with for the rest of your life? She never wanted to hate Luhan because it was impossible to do so. In her eyes, Luhan is a gentleman, Luhan is charming, Luhan is captivating. But in her eyes Luhan can also be a monster. It never processed in Joohyun's mind that she would experience things such as hatred and dislike for a man so beloved by everyone. It's amazing how a person can be so different on- and off-screen.

 

ZgbmH.gif

 

Joohyun rang the doorbell thrice and waited patiently on the doorstep. She didn't bother that she could've been seen by media. She didn't bother that she could very well be filmed by paparazzi. She didn't bother that news of her coming to this place could be the headline of tomorrow's newspapers. There is only one reason in her mind on why she came here, and that would be...

"Wooyoung." Joohyun said as the door opened. It revealed a tall, well-built man wearing a wife beater and shorts. His blond hair was messy and he was rubbing his eyes of sleep.

"Hey, hey what happened?" Wooyoung asked, pulling Joohyun into a hug. "What happened?"

"Can I come it? I'm really sorry I disturbed your sleep. I just... I need you."

"Of course." Joohyun stepped inside Wooyoung's condominium unit and immediately felt at peace, calming down and feeling at home. "Do you want anything?"

"No, I just need you." Joohyun pulled Wooyoung in for a gentle kiss, the latter wrapping his arms around Joohyun's waist. Wooyoung caressed Joohyun's cheek which has become a pathway for tears. The kiss became salty-sweet, and it ended with Wooyoung wiping Joohyun's tears away.

"Why are you crying? Do you miss me?" Wooyoung asked gently.

"I miss you. I miss you so much."

"Sshh.. I'm here now. Oppa's here." Wooyoung hugged Joohyun. The latter managed to crack a small laugh and smiled.

"You're no oppa."

"Oh yeah? How did I make you laugh then?"

"I still won't call you oppa."

"What made you come?" Wooyoung asked as he led Joohyun to sit on the couch. Joohyun did so and rested her head on Wooyoung's shoulder.

"I needed peace. Peace of mind, serenity, tranquility. I can only get that from you. All positivity drains out of me when I'm near Luhan." Joohyun sighed. "I miss you. I miss the way you make me smile so effortlessly, I miss the way you can make me laugh. I miss the way you can make me feel so comfortable just by being me. With Luhan, I have to pretend, I have to project, I have to lie. With you, I can be anything or be me." Joohyun began to spill her problems and once she was done she began to feel so light, as though all thorns have been picked out of her. 

"Did Luhan stop you from coming here? You've never looked so stressed before."

"Hate does a lot of things to me."

"You hate Luhan? How come?"

"Have you ever been with Luhan?"

"Yeah, in a few business fairs and like that. He doesn't sound so bad."

"I feel like he's flirting behind my back. If that goes out, what will it make me look? Somebody to be symphatized? Somebody to be pitied? I don't want anymore media exposure about our supposed relationship."

"Technically both of you are doing the same thing. You're both cheating, but it only makes an impact if you were both in a real relationship because you actually feel the pain. In short, I'm a mistress." Wooyoung burst out laughing and Joohyun managed to smile.

"You were never a mistress because you were the first one who captured my heart." Joohyun said and kissed Wooyoung on the cheeks.

"Corny as hell. Where did that come from?" Wooyoung laughed and Joohyun punched his arms playfully.

"From the bottom of my heart." Joohyun said and giggled, as though she was a child. Wooyoung caught Joohyun in his arms and made her sit on his lap and tickled her sides, causing the latter to burst out in a fit of laughter.

"Wooyoung! Wooyoung oppa stop! Stop tickling me!" Joohyun pulled out of Wooyoung's grip and ran to his bedroom but Wooyoung caught up and managed to get in before Joohyun locked the door. He trapped Joohyun's petite frame in his arms and tickled her again, finding themselves on top of Wooyoung's bed. 

Wooyoung's hands stopped tickling. Joohyun stopped struggling. Both of them stayed in that position, however uncomfortable, and looked into each other's eyes. Everything just felt so right, like it was totally fated to happen at that exact date and time. It felt like their hearts were in sync, beating at the same time and same pace and there was nothing else but love.

"You don't know how beautiful you are just like this." Wooyoung said, tucking a strand of Joohyun's hair behind her ears.

"You're becoming too romantic for your own good." Joohyun said.

"And you are becoming too corny for your own good." Wooyoung said, kissing Joohyun deeply. Joohyun felt like it's been too long since she's been kissed like this, felt anything remotely like this. Because only Wooyoung can make her heart pound like this, can make her feel like she's on top of the world, can make her feel like a queen. Only Wooyoung opened her to feelings like this, feelings like love, admiration, trust, intimacy and so much more. Joohyun wonders how she could survive being married to a person who can't make her feel like what she's currently feeling now.

"After you get married to Luhan, would you still continue to be with me?" Wooyoung asked. Joohyun could sense the hope underneath his words.

"What do you mean? Of course I still would." Joohyun said. "There was never a Luhan and I. Not even an arranged marriage can stop both of us. Luhan doesn't love me, he doesn't even like me, and I love no one but you." Joohyun's eyes sparkled with forming tears and one tear escaped which she wiped away.

"I don't know how I can survive without you. Luhan treats me so harshly, my family treats me like an object, even people who don't know me treat me so unkindly. There's only you who has treated me like I am a queen. I've never felt so treasured by someone else except for you. I don't know how I can survive without your love. Sometimes I wonder what would happen to me if I hadn't met you. Would I ever feel love? Would I ever be loved? These questions are always with me whenever I'm with Luhan, but with you all worries and problems fade away because you make me so happy and carefree. Even if you don't talk, even if we just stare at each other, I'll still feel happy because you're here."

Wooyoung pulled Joohyun in his arms, wanting to let her know that he's just here, willing to give her strength and protect her. He wanted to let her know that he loves her with all of him. "Stop crying. It hurts me to see you cry because it tells me I'm not doing a good enough job to make you happy. Spill it all out on me if you have to."

"I don't know why Luhan treats me harshly. I don't know why my parents push me on him and I don't know where they got the idea of arranging a marriage between Luhan and I, but it feels miserable. If only I was just a normal girl and you were just a normal man, no family or ambition to live up to, then you and I would've been married right now. I just want to be with you."

"Why can you call off the marriage?" Wooyoung asked.

"Even if I tried to commit suicide in front of my parents they would never call of the arrangement. They needed money and to get money they have to marry their only daughter to the future heir of one of the richest companies. They didn't think of me. They didn't think that I wouldn't like it, they didn't think that I would suffer because of it. In this life there is only money, power and glory and nothing can stop them from getting that, not even their own bloodline." Joohyun said morosely. 

"Why don't I tell your father to cancel the wedding?" Wooyoung said.

"I won't allow you. Absolutely not Wooyoung."

"Why not?"

"My father and Luhan's father will have you thrown in jail and that's the last thing I want to happen to you."

"You are worth dying for." Wooyoung said.

"That makes me sound like a selfish person. So you are willing to die because of me so I can achieve happiness? I would be happier if you were here because I love you." Joohyun said.

"I love you too. Even if we die because of each other, just as long as we die in each other's arms, I'd be contented." Wooyoung kissed the crown of Joohyun's head and pulled her closer to him so they can sleep.

"I love you. Good night."

 

ZgbmH.gif


author's note;
Aigooo I'm so sorry the update is late. I was so busy with school and this is actually a bad time to update because tests are coming up again so the next update will take long. Also, thank you so much for 100 subscribers! I truly appreciate it as well the increasing comments and upvotes! Thank you so much. Because the goal was accomplished and you guys were so good, here's the surprise. I hope you guys like it!
 
COMING: 2016

science of deduction♦

 

〕