five; normality

The Wedding Planner

C H A P T E R  F I V E

normality
 

 

The presence of Joohyun in Yoona and Sehun's shared apartment slash office surprised both Yoona and Luhan as it was unexpected and Yoona was uninformed. The way Luhan had this arm on Yoona's shoulder surprised Joohyun too, even more so when Luhan does not even seem to realize his arm is around Yoona's shoulders and the latter doesn't make any move to remove it, making it seem like both of them are comfortable with the notion. This made the atmosphere tense for half a minute.

"Joohyun! I didn't know you would visit!" Yoona smiled brightly, escaping from Luhan's arms and quickly greeting her senior. Joohyun smiled back, albeit forced and faked, and proceeded to Luhan. At him she made a worried expression or to her, one of utmost concern.

"Oh Lu, why didn't you tell me you were lost? I was so worried about you! You could've been anywhere! What if you were kidnapped for ransom?" Joohyun said, acting like the concerned fiancée, holding Luhan's face like it was fragile baby's.

"Don't overact so much Joohyun." Luhan dismissed Joohyun's concern and removed her hands from his face. "Why are you here?"

"Oh, I was getting to that. I actually dropped by to check how Yoona-ssi is doing and I wanted to add some details that could be important. Sehun-ssi invited me in and told me to wait because he said Yoona-ssi isn't here yet because she went out. I didn't know you two were together." The tone of the last sentence turned cold, almost dripping with venom and Yoona stepped back with miniscule distance.

"I'm really sorry about that. We really should've made the effort to contact you in the first place to tell you of our whereabouts." Yoona apologized, her head bowed down. 

"There is no need to apologize Yoona, I can take care of this. I'm really sorry for the intrusion to your home and just email me everything that concerns the wedding. Thank you." Luhan grabbed Joohyun's arms and left abruptly, leaving Yoona no time to digest the happenings.

"Sehun-ah, what just happened?" Yoona asked Sehun, who was merely sitting on one corner of the room being a one-man audience to his supposed 'love triangle'.

"You want to know what happened before you and Luhan arrived? That woman, Joohyun or whoever she was, barged in here smiling sickly sweet asking where you were and I said I didn't know and then she told me she'll just stay here until you arrive and lo and behold, both of you enter the apartment looking like a real couple. I could get why she acted all cold, because she could see you as a threat to her lovey-dovey marriage to that flower boy future CEO. But that bit- woman just had to drag my clean, untainted name into her story."  

"Oh Sehun, you never really spoke formally even to me but atleast speak kindly about my clients. Is that all that happened before we came?"

"Everything else was pure business. I left and even organized your files because I love my noona very much. I'll be off, you know how Zitao gets when I miss his party." Sehun stood up from his seat and was about to leave before Yoona stopped him.

"If you love your noona that much why would you sacrifice time that you could use to be with her for your boyfriend?" Yoona asked teasingly.

"Zitao's not my boyfriend!" And with that, Sehun left, slamming the door for good measure and Yoona was left alone to analyze the events that have transpired.

It confuses Yoona yet she understands why Joohyun had to act so coldly and fake in front her yet act concerned once she turns her back and faces Luhan. According to Sehun, she is a threat. A threat to what? Their relationship? Yoona felt like laughing, because she could never be seen as a threat unless a woman questions the love her partner holds for her. So Joohyun is insecure? Is she lacking love, or does Luhan ever reciprocate the love she gives? It's understanding that a woman would be alarmed if her man is suddenly close to another woman you don't even know personally and have a business relationship with judging by their actions, looks and even the absence of a certain suffix in the name, but to act with artificial kindness to Yoona and even Sehun was going a step too far.

"That's weird." Yoona muttered to herself and put the thought at the back of her mind, focusing on planning the high-profile wedding at hand. She went back to her original routine of having two different phones on her ears and becoming temporarily ambidextrous while still having neat handwriting and keeping every single detail in her head and organized in paper. 

Every once in a while, memories would play in her head of her and Luhan's little spontaneous rendezvous, of how he wiped her face of sauce, of how Luhan ate in a manner that was different from what a person expected, of how they acted like normal people with no care for the world. No other weddings to plan, no company to rule one day, no fiancée to pretend loving. Every once in a life Yoona would crave that kind of feeling, of being free of stress and responsibilities. 

But with every reward comes pain and hardwork. She would have to deal with this wedding first and the little thumping in her heart every once in a while whenever the world 'Luhan' comes in her mind. After that, she could relax and maybe even go back to having a steady relationship. She doesn't know how her life would turn out in the span of time, but making assumptions shouldn't be bad right?

 

 

 

"Why did you have to do that?" Luhan asked Joohyun, surprised that it came out calm when he wanted to shout at her. He slipped off his blazer and put it on the coat rack. Joohyun merely turned her head and raised a sculpted eyebrow.

"Do what?"

"What you did with Yoona-ssi."

"Oh go on, side with her. At least I'm worried about you, not ing you behind the fiancée's back." Joohyun said, which infuriated Luhan more seeing as what she said about Yoona were lies.

"Did you really have to act rude to them? I don't see any valid reason why you would. And stop telling lies. No such thing happened when we were away. We got lost and ran out of gas in an unknown place, simple as that."

"Rude? I wasn't rude to them, not to her anyway." At the mention of 'her', Joohyun's voice dripped with poison, like heavy syrup. "That Sehun kid was being insolent. Do you really think I'd believe that kind of bull? If I was stupid maybe I would. Who made all that happen anyway? It was her right? So I have every right to point the fault at her."

"Stop pulling accusations out of nowhere and stop blaming Yoona for what happened. It happened, I came back safe and sound and no ing happened. Are we through?"

"I'm going to Wooyoung's." Joohyun stood up and walked for the door when Luhan caught her wrist.

"Luhan." She said but it fell on deaf ears. "Luhan let go of me."

"Who's Wooyoung?" 

"It's none of your business Luhan. Now let me go."

"I'm not letting you go until you tell me who Wooyoung is." Luhan said icily, making Joohyun flinch.

Luhan didn't know why he was acting this way. It certainly wasn't because he thought Joohyun was cheating on him. She could have an affair if she wants because he barely cares for her, but if she left any trace to the public that she is having an affair, Luhan is screwed.

"Tell me who the Wooyoung is!"

"He's my ing boyfriend before I got stuck on marrying you! Now let me ing go!" Joohyun tried to get out of Luhan's grip.

"No! If you dare leave a trace that you're having an affair to the public we're both screwed!"

"I've been doing this for god knows how long Luhan. I've evaded my parents' eyes, it's not that difficult get past you and the papparazzi. I know they're trailing us everywhere."

"That's the whole ing point! The media are trailing us so why the do you still continue to go to your buddy?" 

Slap! 

Joohyun mustered up all the courage and anger inside her and slapped Luhan, the sound echoing throughout the whole room and enough to leave a mark on Luhan's cheek. 

"Wooyoung is not my buddy. He loves me, unlike you!"

"Love? Yeah right. Who's the one ing behind the fiancé's back now?" Luhan scoffed. To Luhan, there is no such thing as love anymore. There is only money, power, and glory. Love is just a distraction from achieving all those things. "Good luck on making him stay with you. I'm not letting you go to him. You're staying here." 

" you Luhan." Joohyun said coldly but Luhan ignored her. He pulled out his phone and called his asisstant.

"No one will make Joohyun leave out of this house. No one will communicate with her unless absolutely necessary. No one will let her out of the house without two able bodyguards and no one will let her drive on her own. Understood?" He commanded, authority and power emanating from his voice.

"You can't make me stay here forever." Joohyun said.

"But I can, so what makes you think like that? " Luhan said and went to his private study, leaving Joohyun alone and in tears.

 

 

 

Suffice it to say, the next meeting of Yoona and Luhan and Joohyun was awkward and tense. It went back to normal, with a barely talking Luhan but with a quieter Joohyun, who seemed disengaged with planning and was less enthusiastic. Yoona picked up on this quickly.

"Uhm... if I may ask, are you both alright?" Yoona asked, keeping the question simple to avoid delving into personal problems.

"Y-Yes. Everything's fine. There's no problem at all." Joohyun spoke up, smiling to prove her statement. 

It's obviously a fake smile.

"Luhan-ssi? Are you alright?"

"Are we done for the day? If yes, brilliant. I could use my time to do something more productive." Luhan said, not making any eye contact.

This startled Yoona, as it was greatly different from the Luhan a few days back. She knows that that personality isn't going to last and is definitely not something that he'd show everyday, but this Luhan right now was worse than their first two meetings. This one was obviously angry and was not in the mood to be stuck in a chair planning about the color theme of the wedding or the flavor their cake is going to be.

"O-Okay, we're over for today. Uhm.. when are you both free? We could finally see the top two settings of the wedding and no one's getting lost this time." Yoona tried to uplift the mood, but it seems that it only made it all the more sour. 

"Next week, Wednesday. We'll make it quick and write down the address next time. I wouldn't want to get stuck with you again." Luhan said sourly and stood up, followed by Joohyun and left.

Yoona was left to digest all of the happenings alone once again, completely confused at Joohyun and Luhan's complete 360-degree change. That was definitely not the Joohyun and Luhan she first met and definitely not the Luhan she encountered a few days back. Something must've happened behind the doors of their home, something Yoona did not want to know and something she wishes will not have an impact on Luhan in the long run because honestly, she preferred the Luhan that was somewhat carefree but hides it than a pissed off Luhan.

 

 

 

A week has passed, Wednesday has come, and Yoona and the couple went to The Shilla Hotel separately, with Sehun accompanying Yoona. Yoona was nervous, as it was difficult to choose a place that will bring memories for the both of them. It had to be something unique and beautiful and Yoona decided on The Shilla Hotel and Intercontinental Seoul COEX.

"I'm scared of how they'll react." Yoona said as they stopped before a red light. Sehun took Yoona's hand in his and squeezed it hard, as though he wanted to give her strength.

"Don't be. I'm sure they'll love it." Sehun said.

"I feel like they won't be impressed. They probably treat those hotels like everyday markets. I could send them overseas though, but that would cost too much." Yoona said. Her hands were shaking and she reviewed her notes to keep them busy. Sehun drove again, nearing The Grand Hotel and to her doom.

"S-Sehun I'm r-really s-scared." Yoona said, her teeth chattering. She tried breathing deeply and calmly thrice, but it did not have any positive effect on her whatsoever.

"Look at me noona, look at me." Sehun held both of Yoona's hands in his. "You're having one of your anxiety attacks again. Look, look at me noona please I'm trying to help. Breathe in, breathe out. Breathe in, breathe out. Don't be scared because I'll be here. If they don't seem so impressed there are always other more beautiful places you can make their wedding happen. If that flower boy CEO intimidates you I'll be here, okay?"

"You promise me you'll be there."

"I will, even if that Joohyun - sorry - wants me out."

"Alright. Let's get this over with." Yoona climbed out of the car and walked with as much confidence as she can in the hotel. Sure enough, Luhan and Joohyun were there, wearing designer clothing that almost reduced Yoona to nothing. She saw Joohyun's stoic expression change to one of distaste as she saw Sehun walk next to Yoona. Yoona crisply asks the receptionist for her reservation to the biggest ballroom and hotel staff her.

Once said staff had their hands around the handles of the ornate French doors Yoona held her breathe. They opened it and Yoona seemed as though her legs couldn't move from the sheer nervousness and the amount of beauty she was seeing. Luckily Sehun held her steady and relaxed her so she can walk towards the ballroom.

"S-So this is the first place I chose to have your wedding. I think it's a really beautiful place and it could leave pleasant memories for both of you. It looks gorgeous, it's big enough to accomodate so many guests plus enough media and honestly I don't think anything else can pass this place."

"It... It looks... it looks perfect. Thank you for choosing such a perfect place to have our wedding." Joohyun looked around in awe. Yoona almost glowed with pride until she remembered the Luhan has not added his comment yet.

"L-Luhan-ssi? How's the place?" Yoona asked.

"It looks good. It's definitely big enough and beautiful enough. If my fiancee likes it, who am I to object?" Luhan said, a small smile tugging at his lips. "Thank you Yoona-ssi."

As soon as Yoona heard that she let out her bated breath and felt Sehun's hands around hers once more. It felt like a rope was loosened in her chest and her stomach was unknotted and back to normal. No more butterflies constantly flapping their wings, no more frogs hopping like they were on hot coals, no more voice in her brain telling her she's going to fail because now, she succeeded.

"That's... That's good. Is this okay for you both? You won't like to see the Intercontinental Seoul COEX?"

"No, this is perfect." Luhan said, still admiring the ballroom along with his fiancee. Yoona felt accomplished and proud of herself.

"So proud of you noona." Sehun whispered and Yoona smiled at him. She mouthed a 'thank you'. 

After all necessary planning was done with other coordinators Yoona contacted on what the ballroom should look like, Yoona went for a washroom break. She walked to the washroom when she felt a hand grab her wrist and drag her to an empty conference room.

"Luhan--!"

 


ZgbmH.gif


author's note;
Hello! Damn I missed writing about this couple. Sorry for the delay, I just had my exams last week and it was stressful and I had to focus on studying so I put off updating for a while. This is not the best chapter but I hope I can do better with the next one. Thank you for the continuous support this story has. I really didn't expect 92 people reading this because this was not something that's supposed to be serious but just a beginner's experiment into exoshidae ships so thank you so much! Although I did say that there will be a long gap between this one and the last update, I was in the mood so I figured why not finish this. Keep them pouring! 

p.s I was wondering if there could be like a goal the readers have to reach before I update again? Like 5 comments then I'll update. This'll be just for this chapter only because I have a surprise for the next chapter :D 
science of deduction♦