Mother & Son Bonding

Hello Baby!

Jessica was pondering her thoughts on how to connect with her little boy and change her image of being a "mean mommy". Youngbae was also concerned for Jessica for he really wanted Jessica to experience the joys of being a parent.He didn't want little Yong Ha to think that his Mom only lectures him all the time. "Tell you what...I'll let you two have a super fun time at Lotte World this weekend." he said. "Hmm...do you think that will bring us closer together?" she asked. Youngbae nodded then hugged Jessica tightly. "I'll accompany you two, but I expect both of you to ride many rides & share many good moments with each other. I'll simply watch you two" he said. Jessica looked at Youngbae and smiled. "So....wanna go watch a movie?" he said. "Umm..no let's just stay home & wait for Yong Ha" she stated. "Aiggoo! So boring, let's at least watch a home movie then" he said. "Ok, geez I was going to add that we should kill the time with some fun games...gosh" she pouted. "I'm still a fun woman, I've just been under a lot of stress." she explained. "Ok then...then let's relieve your stress then...." he said raising his eyebrow. Youngbae wrapped his arms around Jessica's waist and looked at her with excessive contact. "Oh my gosh...geez men are such s...only wanting to "play around in the bedroom" she said sighing. Youngbae scoffed and gave a gentle kiss on the cheek then proceeded to the living room to pop in the DVD. Jessica went into the kitchen to make some popcorn & took out some apple cider with two glasses. "What are we watching babe?" she asked. "Um...Captain America...unless you wanna watch something else" he said. "Oh no its ok, I've never watched it yet so let's watch it" she said.

The popcorn was ready and the cider was poured onto the two glasses. Jessica closed the lights then the movie started. Youngbae put his arm around Jessica's shoulder. They snuggled tightly with their attention on the moving picture on the flat screen TV. "We haven't had times to ourselves in a long time" she whispered. Youngbae smiled then kissed her head. Two hours passed, the movie was almost finished when the doorbell rang. "Omo! That's Dong Ha!" she said. "Yeah...I'll get it, pause the movie for now." he said. Youngbae opened the door to Yong Ha & grandma Jung. "Hi Mom! How was it buddy?" he said. Yong Ha was happy since grandma Jung gave him a chocolate bar & there were many fun games at their hostel. "Well, looks like he enjoyed it" he said laughing. "Aiigoo..my son in law is getting more and more handsome each year." she said. Youngbae nodded in respect & invited her in, but she declined as she had to go pack. Jessica came to the door and hugged her Mom."We'll come visit soon" she said. Grandma Jung nodded & bid farewell with them. Jessica was being immature as she ignored her son and went straight to the TV. (Aigoo >.<) Youngbae chuckled by her actions, while he led the confused Yong Ha up to bed. He laid him down on his bed. "Appa...What's wrong with Umma?" he asked. Youngbae explained the situation delicately about how she is jealous of the relationship the Father & Son had, while the attitudes differed on both parents. "We will be going to Lotte World this weekend ok? I want you to hang out with mommy so you two will get closer." he explained. Yong Ha simply nodded as he was now starting to realize his Mom's feelings, from a little boys' point of view.

The next day, Youngbae & Jessica prepared the car with basic items(food, water, etc.) needed for Yong Ha in this family trip. "Yong Ha, come inside the car now" Jessica shouted. Yong Ha obeyed her command, then she gave a sudden kiss to his mom, causing her to smile & hug him for his kind action. Youngbae chuckled at the sight, then they drove off to their destination. Lotte World was an amazing amusement park to Yong Ha, as he wanted to ride (the appropriate) his favorite rides. The family walked around the amusement park, wondering which ride they should go on first. Kid's pirate ships, kid roller coasters, etc. Since Yong Ha was too young, they only went to a few suitable locations (kid themed obviously). Though Youngbae was honestly bored, he concentrated in seeing Yong Ha happy alongside a hopeful Jessica in her quest of bonding with her son. "Yong Ha, let's go get some cotton candy!" she said excitedly. Yong Ha nodded as he was getting hungry. Youngbae couldn't take it, he NEEDED to ride the roller coaster & gyro drop. "Babe....I need to go to the bathroom quickly...Tell Yong Ha I'll be back" he lied. Jessica looked at him suspiciously then said, "You wanna ride the rides here huh?" she whispered. Youngbae nodded in embarrassment. Jessica saw it as an advantage to get some one on one time with Yong Ha. Youngbae ran to his desired location like a kid. "Contact me when you're done" she said..but he was already gone. "Aish...29 years old and still acts like that" she thought. Yong Ha was busy eating his pink cotton candy happily while Jessica stared at him contently. "Taste good huh?" she said cutely. Yong Ha nodded cutely. "Omo..you are the cutest!" she said. 

Jessica could not believe that she was sharing one of the few bonding moments in a long time with her child. "Yong Ha...do you see your mom as a meanie or someone fun & caring?" she asked hoping for the desired answer. Yong Ha pondered his thoughts while eating the cotton candy cutely. "Fun & caring Umma!" he said. Jessica smiled at his answer then hugged him tightly. They walked together, Jessica carrying her baby boy around Lotte World. They shared precious moments with each other for hours, while Youngbae went crazy riding all the rides like a maniac. "YEEEAAHHHHHHHHH" he shouted many times. It soon became dark and it was time to go home. Yong Ha was soon tuckered out, sleeping on her mother's arms. Jessica was glad to spend such a special day with Yong Ha and she hoped to stay this way even in the household. "I need to balance myself, like Youngbae" she admitted. She had a lot to learn as a mother, but so did Youngbae. So, as young parents, they had a lot of hardships to overcome, but fun memories would be made in the process. Youngbae came back to Jessica & Yong Ha at the car, sweating like crazy. "WHEW!! That was amazing!!" he shouted. "How did you two spend your time together?" he asked. Jessica gave him a cold "whatever" expression. Youngbae pouted then drove the family off back home. Jessica laid Yong Ha down on the bed, kissed his forehead, tucked him in, then was about to close the light before Yong Ha called her. "Umma!" he said suddenly. "Yes honey?" she asked. "I love you mommy and I'm sorry for being bad these past few days" he said smiling. Jessica teared a little at the cute apology then said, "I love you too and I will always love you no matter what. You are forgiven you cutie. Get some sleep my little prince.." she said closing the light. She left Yong Ha's room with a smile on her face.