Thirty

Work, Play...Bliss
Forty minutes later, I was feeling better as Aron and I walked into the cake shop. I bought Dong Ho a gold earring with a heart and a lightning bolt, and a thick gold chain bracelet.   
 
A quick scan told me our crew wasn't there. Pulling out my phone, I texted. "Where R U?"
 
Seconds later, Dong Ho replied. "In the park across the street. Got tired of waiting, so go have steamy, hot with Aron. Sry!"
 
"Fine! I'll send pics. Stay there!" I texted tartly.
 
Aron laughed as I closed my phone. "Should we get busy on those pics?"  
 
"I am seriously thinking about it!" I smirked, walking up to the counter.  
 
The owner of the cake shop gave me a scolding look. "Forgot a special occasion, and hoped I could save you?"  
 
"Guilty!" I smiled softly at her. 
 
"You're lucky, I have a cake for you!" She smiled warmly.  
 
My phone rang. "Excuse me for a moment, please?" She nodded as I turned away answering my phone. "What?  I'm in the middle of mind-blowing here!" 
 
"Are you really?" Anger crept into Dong Ho's voice. 
 
"Now I should just because you said that!" I let the hurt sound in my voice.
 
"I deserved that. Sorry!" He sounded defeated.
 
"Later!" I closed the phone. As I turned back, I was surprised as Aron ordered for me, and everything I was going to order. "Thanks!" I grinned at him, pleasantly surprised.
 
"No big! I have a good memory. They're across the street at the park, right?" Aron smiled.
 
"Yup! Do you want to join them?" I gazed over at him.
 
"Yes, and no." He glanced at me sheepishly.
 
"What does that mean?" I cocked my head to the side questioningly.
 
"I've had a really good time just hanging out with you. It's nice! You're different when you're by yourself." He took our tray, heading towards a table by the front windows. "Come, and sit with me. Let's just talk and rest for a while. They will be there for quite a long time. Trust me!"  
 
Slightly stunned, I followed Aron to the table by the window.   
 
"I don't know if I ever told you. I have two little sisters. I always wanted a little brother, but that didn't happen. Not even after a week of living together, I fell in love with Min. But I see you like the little brother I always wanted. If you ever need to talk or get away from everything - consider me, please?" Aron smiled warmly, picking up his coffee.
 
Even more stunned than before, I sat there a moment. "I really don't know that much about you, Aron. We've never really talked." I admitted.
 
"My fault...kind of. You and Baek Ho have a beautiful, inseparable, and inspiring love. I like to sit back and watch, or love Min." He chuckled.
 
"I didn't even know you and Min were together until Jr told me...when..."  I left it at that, sipping my coffee.
 
"Yeah, well, what can I say." After another sip of coffee, Aron cleared his throat. "Anyway, I was born and raised in Los Angeles, California. You already know I speak Korean, English, and Japanese because I help everyone learn the words. I play the guitar and drums. My weaknesses are pork rinds, pizza, and spaghetti. My favorite fruit is a peach. My favorite color is blue. It's painfully obvious that I like Sponge Bob Square Pants, but I hate ghosts. Weird, right? Before I go to bed, I must eat ice...don't quite know why. Just need it. Sorry, but I think I am the most handsome. I like to call you princess, but I didn't where you could hear me, because I vividly remember how you punched Baek Ho. I know that hurt so I totally respect your boundaries after I saw that!" Grinning, he swallowed hard, looking at me.
 
"That's cute! I don't mind you calling me princess. It's kind of funny! So what do you know about me?" I asked, biting into a large sprinkle donut.
 
Aron took a deep breath. "Parents, older brother, and grandparents. Your hometown is Busan which I can't wait to visit! Your training period was two years. Some of your hobbies are watching movies, listening to music, collecting shoes, and fashion styling. I love that Beyonce is one of your favorite idols and that you watch other Kpop videos especially JYJ because you think you can learn from them. And you do, surprisingly fast!" He paused to bite into a filled roll.
 
"My favorite color is black. Titanic is my favorite movie." I grinned. "You read my folder!"
 
"Actually, I read everyone's folder. I don't make friends easily." Aron frowned for a moment. "Your favorite sport is swimming, but I've seen you run. You are impressive and fast. Why not list it?"
 
"It's my personal thing. When I'm upset, I run." I glanced out the window, checking on our crew.
 
"That's cool! You're Christian." He doublechecked as he bit into a long, filled donut.
 
"Yup! " I took a bite of my donut.
 
"Anything else?" Aron sipped his coffee, watching me carefully.
 
"I love animals, and to tell stories!" 
 
"Min said you love watching love stories, and movies because you say love is incomprehensible but beautiful! That is one of the coolest things I've ever heard a guy say." Aron grinned, glancing out the window.
 
"Thank you, but it's true!" I smiled, sipping my coffee.
 
"What are your favorite foods?" Aron was watching me again.
 
"Anything with meat, pasta, Kim chi jigae, kanjang kkaet lp that my grandmother prepares!" I smiled, thinking of her.
 
"Jr says you like hiding food in your bag, or in bed!" Aron asked, watching customers come through the door.
 
"Baek Ho does that, a lot!" I blushed, looking down at the table.        
 
"Why?" He asked quietly, waiting.
 
"He promised my mom he'd look out for me, and make sure I ate and took care of myself." I smiled softly, remembering his promise to her.
 
Aron was silent a moment thinking. "What instrument do you play?" 
 
"Piano!"  I glanced up at him.
 
"Play for me sometime?" He asked sincerely.
 
"If you play the drums for me." I countered playfully.
 
"Deal! Soon! Maybe we'll get everyone together sometime, and just jam." He laughed.
 
I ate my donut, thinking a moment.  "You don't mind when I hug Min, do you?  I like him as a really good friend." I fessed up.
 
"No, I don't mind one bit. He loves you and admires you! So do I. We have your back whenever you need it!" Aron offered sweetly.
 
"Thanks, I like that. Same to you both." I stretched my arms out over my head.
 
"Shall we test our knowledge of Jr?" He grinned.
 
"Sure! I know his favorite color is green, and that his hometown is Kangreung, Kangwon - do." I started off.
 
"His parents are supportive. He has two older sisters, and he calls his parents whenever he has a problem." Aron reported as a slight smirk pulled his lips.
 
"Huh, I didn't know that. It's sweet! Let me see... he trained for three years. He likes Hip Hop and DBSK. His favorite movies are all action or sad movies. He makes me cry a lot when he picks the sad movies."  I crisscrossed my legs under me on the bench.
 
 "His hobbies are football, basketball, reading comics, playing games, and sleeping!"  Aron laughed.  "Sleeping, that's funny! Hey, I thought his favorite colors were yellow and black?"
 
"We'll ask him later, and find out!" I finished my donut. "Do you know what instrument he plays?" 
 
"More like which one doesn't he play! Jr's very talented as he plays the piano, flute, clarinet, sax, tuba, drums, and trombone. His role model is Eminem. Cool, right?" Aron frowned at his empty coffee cup.
 
I pondered. "Well, what doesn't he like?" 
 
"He doesn't like tomatoes or taking out the trash. He's a perfectionist, but we all are once in a while. When he makes a mistake, he begins at the very beginning starting all over. It's not a bad thing, but it is annoying sometimes." Aron stretched.
 
"Hey, remember when Jr and Min had that competition on the computer. It was hilarious! Jr is slow but still faster than Min!" I smiled, loving the warm afternoon sun streaming down on me. "Jr has his good points too."
 
After a while, Aron cleared his throat. "Do you think you will ever forgive him?"  He asked softly, leaning on his elbows on the table.
 
"With time. Time heals everything a band-aid can't!" I grinned.
 
"Positive thinking! He said something the other day when we were at the signing. He remembered when he met you, you were already beautiful then. But as each day passes, you become even more beautiful. I think he fell in love with you at the same time as Baek Ho. But because they were already close friends, Jr didn't say anything, or maybe he tried to ignore it. You know he's never been in love before, right?" Aron looked out the window again.
 
"Yeah, he told me." I sat back thinking about it.
 
"Jr is the most disorganized in the group. He thinks Min is the most handsome member, which I disagree with! He's good looking, but I'm the most handsome. No offense to Baek Ho!" Aron smirked.
 
"None taken, don't worry! Baek Ho is cute and my kind of handsome!" I smiled to myself, missing him a bit.
 
"He uses baby lotion." Aron laughed.
 
"I use lavender and oatmeal lotion." I winked.
 
"Even, I guess." Aron chuckled, running his hand through his hair.
 
"I like this game. Let's see what you know about my lover." I stretched out my legs.
 
Aron scratched his head. "Mmmm....let me see. Baek Ho's real name means baby tiger. I had to ask Jr because of his birthday cake. He was born on the year of the pig, and his star sign is Leo...fitting! His hometown is Jeju-Do, and his parents, younger brother, and grandparents live there." Aron toyed with his empty cup.
 
"His training period was two years, and he plays the piano too." I smiled. 
 
"Have you two ever played together?" Aron met my eyes.
 
"No!" I said flatly. "I'd like to though." I blew my bangs out of my eyes.
 
"Does he have any hobbies?"
 
"Yeah, you know about the Komdo. He plays games. Loves playing volleyball on the beach." I glanced out the window watching Min run for his life as Baek Ho and Jr chased him.
 
"His role model is DBSK. Remember the interview? He said the sunbaenims are very powerful. They make awesome performances, and we want to make powerful performances like them!"  Aron stood. "More coffee?"
 
"Please?" I handed him my empty cup.
 
"No problem! Be back." As Aron walked over to the pots in the back, I laid my head on my arms on the table. How much did I really know about my lover? I frowned staring out the window.
 
"That's not a happy face. Worried I know more?" He sat the cups on the table, sitting down.
 
"No! Worried I don't know enough about him." I looked down at the bracelets he gave me.
 
Very gently, Aron moved the hair from my eyes. "Smile, it hurts me to see you frown. I will kill anyone who hurts you again! Jr got the only pass." Aron's voice was dead serious, matching his eyes.
 
"Thank you! But I don't want you going to prison for me." I sipped my coffee. "Oh, I bet I know something you don't. You know he learned Komdo for seven years, right?  He also learned Muay Thai." 
 
"Not about the Muay Thai. He's impressive! But so are you. I've seen you hit him." He watched me closely.
 
I blushed a bit. "When we first met, I made sure he knew I wasn't girly. I dropped him to the floor. I had no idea he could have really kicked my if he wanted to." I sat up, putting my knee close to my chest. "Thanks for the coffee and spending time talking to me. "It's nice!"
 
"Anytime! I really mean that. I like hanging out with you. It's relaxing." He grinned, gazing out the window.
 
"Still wanna play?" I glance at him as I sipped fresh hot coffee.
 
"Yeah, I'm having a lot of fun with this game. But I'm hungry. Hang on a minute!" He got up, going over to the display cases. I checked on the guys. Baek Ho blew me a kiss as Jr tackled him. Jr waved as Min pushed him over. I laughed until tears threatened.
 
Aron came back in time to see the double team on Min. He bristled a bit. "Cool down! He is handing out just as much as he is getting! He just tossed Jr to the ground after Jr tackled Baek Ho." I grinned waving at Baek Ho who grinned back. 
 
"Let's see... favorite month- September, favorite Kpop group - Big Bang. He loves Hip Hop." Aron reached me a decadent chocolate glazed donut of massive proportions.  
 
"Was there a bigger donut?" I smirked at him.
 
"Just mine. I couldn't resist, and I don't like being a piggy by myself." He grinned, biting into it. 
 
"You'd think they'd get hungry or thirsty at least." I frowned.  
 
"They have loads of energy. I'll enjoy Min later. He'll be tired, and I won't. I like that once in a while." Aron leaned back, watching the guys.
 
After a few moments, I asked. "Did you know that when Baek Ho went with a friend who was auditioning. Instead, Beak Ho was picked, thus he lost a friend." I sipped my coffee again. Just watching them made me thirsty.
 
"Well, that . Karma shot!" 
 
I smiled to myself. "He is a deep sleeper, that's why you guys have a hard time waking him up. He talks in his sleep. It's quite cute. He used to sleep with a huge stuffed animal. Ever since he was little, he had to have someone or something to hug so he'd fall asleep. Now, he only sleeps if he's hugging me. I really like that." I blushed a bit, still smiling.
 
"Don't feel embarrassed. I love holding Min when I sleep. Just feels right." Aron took a sip of coffee. "Baek Ho seems to like bullying you. He finds your reactions interesting. Is that how he relieves stress?"
 
I thought about that for a moment. "Sometimes. Part of it is that I hit hard. It always takes him by surprise. Part of it is flirting. He makes it look like bullying, but it's his way of letting me know he loves me or needs me." I smiled, thinking about it.
 
"He's definitely not the cleanest in the group. He really does hate cleaning the living room in particular." Aron chuckled. "And I mentioned he was classmates with Jr. They attended the same school."
 
"I remember." I enjoyed another bite of donut. "Baek Ho is the Shikshin in the group. Definitely, the member who eats the most. But he makes up for it by being the best cook. He dislikes Yukgaejang (Spicy beef and vegetable soup), which is a bummer because I love it. He likes all kinds of food so it shows his cooking." I pondered as I swirled the remaining coffee in my cup.
 
After a few moments, Aron smiled. "I'll take you out for some Yukgaejang some time. I like that dish too. Maybe sometime when you two are squabbling." Aron smirked.
 
"Definite date! I'd like that." Drinking a sip of coffee, I gazed back out the window.
 
"Did you know when Baek Ho was called by his stage name for the first time, he didn't respond. He didn't think they were calling him." Aron was glancing out the window at our crew.
 
"See, he can be deliciously cute a lot of the time. He is the most sincere of the members. But he gets hurt easily. I wish I could change that, but I love caring for him so maybe I wouldn't. He likes to walk in the snow, so sweet. And he likes to play baseball." I smiled.
 
"I miss playing baseball. Maybe I'll ask him to go play sometime. Steal him away from you for a bit." Aron teased, tracing the pattern of the tablecloth.
 
"Only if you leave Min with me." I teased back.
 
"I'd have to. I still don't trust Jr around you. That will take a while to rebuild that trust. Scoot over, I want to sit by you so I can put my legs up." Aron sat next to me.
 
"Baek Ho wants everyone to know his name, and approve of his skills. We all want that. He wants to touch people with his music. He composes songs on his laptop, but he doesn't share with me." I frowned, sighing defeatedly. 
 
"Give him time. Let him know you are interested. Maybe share some of your songs, like that one you were playing with that one time on the piano. It was really good by the way." Aron watched the cars pass by. "He calls me 'Old Hyung'. Once in a while, it gets on my nerves, but most of the time it's funny." Aron finished his coffee.
 
I smiled again. "I think it's really cute that he wants to be a comedian. He has a delightful sense of humor!" 
 
"He's got the heart for it. But I hope he stays in the group. He is a definite plus in a few ways." Aron watched Min out the window.
 
"Now it's your boy's turn. Let's see how much you know about Min." I smiled challengingly.
 
"Okay!" Aron rubbed his hands together excitedly. "His hometown is Busan, just like you. Parents, older sister, grandmother. His training period was a year, and six months. His hobbies are watching movies, listening to music, and singing. His instrument is the piano, too. Role models are DBSK and Big Bang. Favorite color is black, just like you. Favorite Big Bang song is Haru Haru. And he's the tallest member in the group and possibly the shyest. Still not 100% sure, because you are too at rare times." Aron looked pleased, then scratched his head. "There are a surprising number of similarities between the two of you that I didn't realize until now."
 
"I was just thinking the same thing." I sipped my coffee thinking about that. "It's cute that he likes Transformers. His favorite is Optimus Prime. He even imitates him. I'd go more for Bumblebee." I laughed softly.
 
"See, he's got cute points. He likes Beef-rib stew so do I. He always takes baby lotion in his backpack, and never goes without his smartphone. He is very naive, but attentive, and dedicated to his niece. It's one of his many super sweet things! I was his first kiss." Aron blushed a little now.
 
"So sweet! You two make an amazing couple." I took a sip of coffee. "I know he looks up to and wants to meet Eric Benet someday. His favorite song is 'Still with You'. Min wants to be a loving, and humble singer, bringing love to the fans. He challenges himself not only as a singer, and dancer, but also as an actor, and MC. He told me once that before debuting, he could not sleep. He stayed awake wondering how it would be. I think we all did. I always find myself looking up to him in that respect just like a big brother would, just like you." I grinned as I watched Min outrun the other two.
 
"You two really should race. I'd love to see who'd win. You run to relieve stress. Min sings to relieve stress. He sleeps with his headphones. He doesn't like to make the bed, but before he goes to bed, he must clean up his surroundings. He likes to be neat and tidy. I just like watching him move...it turns me on!" Aron admitted, watching Min.
 
"Same with me watching Baek Ho cook. Serious turn on! Especially when it's just the two of us." I blushed to say it.
 
"Min is studying Japanese so I've been helping. It's fun when I'm not being distracting." Aron laughed softly.
 
"He is the Juyeon, or face - no pun intended- of our group. Even the photographer said he didn't have to photoshop on Min because his picture was perfect. When I said I thought the most beautiful member was Baek Ho, Min replied. 'No, he's not!' I know Min is the most beautiful, but he considers himself the most handsome type of guy." I shrugged.
 
"Don't let it bother you. We all know you are the most beautiful. He always wants to show his cleverness, everywhere, and all the time. He claims to be a 'sharp, loose man' but sometimes it slips. He is the smartest between the members, and he is the most applied when it comes to tasks. Sometimes it gets on my nerves. I can't lie but never for long." Aron winked at me.
 
"Agreed. It's funny that he never pays attention when other members talk to him, but he likes to nag us like a mother. Sweet, sometimes!" I smiled warmly thinking about it. Like the other day when he made us all take jackets and umbrellas because it might rain.
 
"I think it's sweet that he is always bribing Baek Ho with food. Too funny!"  Aron finished his donut. "But he is really jealous of you and Baek Ho. That's why he gives you the least attention. I'm still working on the why of it." Aron shrugged. "Once Baek Ho asked Min what he thought about you. He answered. 'He looks like those creepy porcelain dolls that are sitting on your shelf looking at you, waiting to kill you.'"
 
I stared at Aron with my mouth wide open. "That hurt!" I pouted.
 
"He thinks you're prettier than Nana though." Aron tried soothing.
 
"Yeah, sitting on a shelf ready to kill." I frowned. "He's going to get it for that!"  
 
Aron rubbed slow circles on my back. "Easy, settle down! I get to watch. It was pretty mean of him." Aron grinned.
 
"Anything he hates? Spiders maybe?" I asked hopefully finding something to get back at him.
 
"Sports!" Aron smirked.
 
"Doesn't show! He's having fun now." I glared out the window.
 
"He's flirting with Baek Ho. My guess is he's jealous of me sitting next to you so he's showing off!" Aron stretched his arm out behind me. "He does that sometimes when I hang out with Peniel, Rome, and Ailee." Aron sighed.
 
"Close friends?" I ventured, still watching Min.
 
"Yeah! We hang out sometimes."  Aron watched Min.
 
"BtoB and C-Clown!  Right?" I was surprised but definitely approved of his taste in friends.
 
"Weird right? Even though I don't make friends easily, they liked me right away!" Aron chuckled.
 
"Not weird. It's nice to have friends. Is Min trying to make you jealous? I've never seen him like this." I commented curiously, watching Min.
 
"Yeah! It hurts sometimes." Aron admitted quietly.
 
I turned meeting his eyes. "You didn't tell me what you do to relieve stress."  
 
"Um...to be deep in my own thoughts." He swallowed hard. "Maybe it's because I'm Korean-American...a bit weird."
 
"You're a sweetheart! And I love you just the way you are. You're a really good friend, Aron!" I smiled at him. Then I noticed he was sweating.
 
"Damn!"  He sighed again tilting his head to the side. That's when I noticed how close we were! I blinked. His lips met mine. My eyes shot wide open. His kiss was soft and searching. I blinked again and felt his hand run through my hair. As I gasped, his tongue slipped inside my mouth exploring. I was so stunned I didn't know what to do. "Please, just one kiss. Just once. Brand my heart in its memory." He bagged against my lips.
 
"Just once?"
 
"Like a promise!" Aron whispered.
 
I kissed him. He kissed me back. Heat flared. My breath caught. He broke the kiss. "I'm sorry! I couldn't resist. You're beautiful inside and out. I'm jealous green that Baek Ho is the object of Min's flirtations...and I'm jealous that you're his. Just a little. It's easy to control because I value you as a friend more. I love you as a little brother, but there's always this little voice wondering what it would be like to be your lover. However, I am happy with Min. I just needed to taste you. Baek Ho always brags that you taste like spice with a hint of vanilla. I called him a liar, but he was right. Delicious! A taste I will never forget, and never have again, I promise!" Aron looked sad but secure.  
 
"He's going to get it when I reach him!" I threatened, so ready to kill Dong Ho for his careless words.
 
"Both Min, and Baek Ho saw that! There will be hell to pay, but it was worth it. I'll take it outside. You grab the treats. We'll need them when all is said and done!" His lips passed over mine in a faint kiss as he got to his feet. "Please don't hate me! I'm not Jr, but I am only human!" A faint smile touched his lips as he turned, walking out. "Meet you at home! Don't wait too long I may need help!" He said over his shoulder as he left running down the sidewalk.  
 
From the death glare in Baek Ho's eyes when he passed, I knew I needed to hurry. Min followed close behind ho. Jr stopped inside, coming to stand beside me. "I'll help you, then we move faster! Let's go!!" Urgency colored his voice.
 
I paid the pill, and together we carried the bunches of boxes. "Aron's car is here!" 
 
"Where are his keys?" Jr asked hopefully. "They already have a good headstart!"
 
"Look in the ignition!" I held my breath, willing them there.
 
"They're here! Hop in! I'll drive!" We got in, careful of the cakes, and drove home as fast as possible.